• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
I've got a problem with A-Map.
I inserted one of my maps,
And the name is blank and when I go to Header View to change the name it won't let me type it in.
What's going on?

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Hey does anyone know the beginning of the trainer's in hex in emerald?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
AquaLeaderMatt said:
If I knew how, I would. Unfortunately, I have no such skills.

I heard about a Pokémon Amplifier for G/S/C (I think), but I've had no luck in finding it.

Are you sure there's nothing?

That Pokemon Amplifier only works for a german version of the game.

FHJoker said:
Is there a certain order to put the numbers in and if so can you show me an example?

Well if you are referring to the Pokemon then there order has to go from 1 to 255, unless you find a way to edit it using ASM.

Teh Blaziken said:
I've got a problem with A-Map.
I inserted one of my maps,
And the name is blank and when I go to Header View to change the name it won't let me type it in.
What's going on?

Make sure you are inserting maps by going, File > Map >Insert Map. Then select a new spot(create new spot).

Dragoon said:
Hey does anyone know the beginning of the trainer's in hex in emerald?

Search for trainer's name and after that should be his battling/Pokemon data.

bradenm

Wheelie say find friends today
Years
Is there an easier way to edit trainer sprites, pokemon sprites etc than unLZ.gba

PET wont work properly for me, i cant edit the pokemon, and this message appears Run time error 76
Path not found pics/pkmn-059.bmp and then the program closes.
(im doing this on Fire Red)

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
Is there an easier way to edit trainer sprites, pokemon sprites etc than unLZ.gba

PET wont work properly for me, i cant edit the pokemon, and this message appears Run time error 76
Path not found pics/pkmn-059.bmp and then the program closes.
(im doing this on Fire Red)

Oh, your supposed to use RS ball.

All you have to do is put your ROM in the same folder as the whole elite map. Then open RS ball (inside elite map) and dump all the pictures of pokemon + Trainers. Then you can use PET.

bradenm

Years
All the moves of trainers pokemon have gone wierd after I used PET!!! can someone tell me what ive done wrong and how to fix it

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
bradenm said:
All the moves of trainers pokemon have gone wierd after I used PET!!! can someone tell me what ive done wrong and how to fix it

With the moves, there is a glitch seeing as it starts on Pound and not on No Move or None. So you have to select the attack below the one you want to get that attack. You could also try editing the trainer battles in hex, if this annoys you.

bradenm

Years
that doesnt help at all (sorry) what im saying is that I edited your first Rival Battle in Fr the trainers pokemon moves have been replaced with Tackle Guilotine Spore and Pound, i want to know how to fix this

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
that doesnt help at all (sorry) what im saying is that I edited your first Rival Battle in Fr the trainers pokemon moves have been replaced with Tackle Guilotine Spore and Pound, i want to know how to fix this

Well, if ya wanna edit the RIVAL's PKMN's and attacks the easy way, then try your luck on searching for Amplifier 2006 Ae...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
bradenm said:

As I specified "With the moves, there is a glitch seeing as it starts on Pound and not on No Move or None. So you have to select the attack below the one you want to get that attack."

So when you want Pound, you would have to select Karate Chop(2nd in list), Pound(1st in list) should be either No Move or None, so basically you have to select the move the one below the one you wish to use to get the move you want to use.

Here is a simple example:

POUND <- would be NONE
KARATE CHOP <- will be POUND move
DOUBLESLAP <- will be KARATE CHOP move
etc.

Hopefully you will understand this, it is a glitch in PET. They just forgot to add in one option of having no move.

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
Years
I did everything in a tutorial to make scripts but i'm a n00b

I clicked 'burn' in buf rite (and i did th things you had to do before you click 'burn')
then it says this:

#PROCESS: C:/Documents and Settings\Stein\Mijn documenten\Thomas\gba\pokemonsapphire\Pokemon.Sapphire.US.gba F:2 for read
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#PROCESS: C:/Documents and Settings\Stein\Mijn documenten\Thomas\gba\pokemonsapphire\Pokemon.Sapphire.US.gba F:3 for read
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Pushed cookie.$showtext to 800236
- Pushed cookie.$nocookie to 80026D
#PROCESS: C:/Documents and Settings\Stein\Mijn documenten\Thomas\gba\pokemonsapphire\Pokemon.Sapphire.US.gba F:4 for read
- Putting [Lock Faceplayer message $NoCookie boxset 6 release end ] at 800236
- Putting [' o aeo oke!lo nygtoe
|
\- Processed 0 Lines

is that normal?

derv1205

Trade/Battle/Breed/Clone (X,B2,D)
Years
I did everything in a tutorial to make scripts but i'm a n00b

I clicked 'burn' in buf rite (and i did th things you had to do before you click 'burn')
then it says this:

#PROCESS: C:/Documents and Settings\Stein\Mijn documenten\Thomas\gba\pokemonsapphire\Pokemon.Sapphire.US.gba F:2 for read
#PROCESS: C:/Documents and Settings\Stein\Mijn documenten\Thomas\gba\pokemonsapphire\Pokemon.Sapphire.US.gba F:3 for read
- Pushed cookie.$showtext to 800236
- Pushed cookie.$nocookie to 80026D
#PROCESS: C:/Documents and Settings\Stein\Mijn documenten\Thomas\gba\pokemonsapphire\Pokemon.Sapphire.US.gba F:4 for read
- Putting [Lock Faceplayer message $NoCookie boxset 6 release end ] at 800236
- Putting [' o aeo oke!lo nygtoe
|
\- Processed 0 Lines

is that normal?
Yes man, that's normal, that happens when the script you burnt is perfectly inserted ^^

Years
Hello, what are the setflags for FireRed to activate the pokemon menu and pokedex so I can give pokemon?

Oh and if there's any other important ones that you know you can tell me those =)

Ty

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
to activate the pokedex menu, just input this code to your script...
setflag 0x829

and to activate the national dex...
special 0x16F

those codes are for firered...
never tried them for myself, though. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back