• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: The Fifth Pillar

luke

Master of the Elements
Years

5thpillar.png

Introduction

This is a fan game whose origins go back at least six years. Back when I was a wee lad playing Sapphire, I came up with an idea for my first game. I wrote it up in Microsoft Word. I work on it whenever I was bored. That was the first foundation of my old game: Ruby Dagger Murders. Ideas from that game, along with Broken Beacon, Pretty Princess and Piratite, have come together to form this game: Pokémon: The Fifth Pillar (or Pokémon: The Witch's Tale - I haven't decided yet.) The story follows the tried-and-true path of the actual games: young trainer leaves hometown and encounters gym leaders, rivals and a villain looking to disrupt life in their homeland. However, I plan on expanding on that story and giving it depth that the real games have yet to touch down upon.

Kulema

KulemaOverworldMap.png

This is Kulema.

Up until about 600 years ago, Kulema was scarcely populated. The main islands were difficult to navigate and those who attempted usually perished. Only a select few hundred lived on the southeastern island known as Aliqua. This was no ordinary island however. Unknown to outside visitors, the inhabitants of this island had cultivated a powerful secret: they were capable of producing "magic" using the dew that formed on certain plants found across the island. By consuming this dew, the people were temporarily imbued with magical powers that they could use to perform a wide range of tasks.

Some were more adept at using the magic granted on them and rose to prominence within the society. They soon used the magic to augment the abilities of Pokémon in battle and make them stronger. People from around the world came to see the magic in action. Consequently, the population of Aliqua exploded and the island grew overcrowded. A group of powerful witches; men and women whose control over magic seemed permanent and no longer needed to consume the dew; rose up and used their magic to build massive towns faster than normal people could. Within a few years, Aliqua was a bubbling mecca of Pokémon and humans.

For about twenty years, Aliqua flourished as a magical mecca. The witches slowly took control of the government and ran it peacefully. Until one day, they overreached with their magic and caused a grand catastrophe that ruined life on Aliqua. Even with their sprawling urban mecca, there was little room for expansion on the island. The witches, looking to solve this problem, sought out a spell that would expand the island by raising land from the sea. Unfortunately, the spell went haywire and a massive fire soon swept over all of the island. People rushed to high ground with their Pokémon and hoped the fire would keep away from.

Suddenly, four powerful roars erupted from the north and four figured appeared on Aliqua's shores. Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion and Keldeo; four brave Pokémon from the mainlands appeared and the fire seemed to bow in their presence. While many perished in the initial onslaught off flames, the Four Musketeers quickly rounded up the survivors and gave them shelter. But before they could help them escape, the Musketeers sought out the Witches who were cowering in fear at their temple. Angry at causing the death of not only humans but precious Pokémon, the Musketeers told the Witches they were not allowed to leave the island. Instead, they would perish in the flames they caused. And with that proclamation, they gathered up four groups of humans and started their trek back to the mainland...

Over time, fresh memories of the Aliqua Fire began to fade. Instead, four separate settlements formed on the four remaining islands of Kulema...

640.gif

Virizion took its group of survivors to its homeland, the largest island in Kulema that they soon began to call Edelstein. The people who settled here soon discovered the island was full of lush forests, caves that housed precious gems and a large river cut the island nearly in half. Wishing to forget their tragic past, they delved headfirst into establishing large cities and cultivating the resources given to them. Edelstein established itself as the economic center of Kulema and housed the largest city in new Kulema: Heimdawl. One hundred years before the story played out in this game, a group of refugees from nearby Pena established a small settlement in the north called Hugin Town and Munin Farms: the hometown of the game's protagonist. And in the lush Asgarde Forest formed Asgarde City, the gaming/entertainment hot spot.

638.gif

Cobalion took its group of survivors to the northwestern island of Kulema which they named Pena. Here they discovered the secret of the magical dew: the Tree of Yggdra. Every morning the branches of Yggdra would shake and the wind would carry the dew all over Kulema. Seeing it as a sign of respect of the past, they grew to be fierce guardians of the tree and restricted access to the tree to a select few. The people adopted a garb inspired by their spiritual guides. They wore large headdressed shaped like Braviary and long cloaks decorated with Mandibuzz feathers. The colors of their outfits were gray and yellow in honor of their savior Cobalion. Ragnarof City formed on the southern tip of the island where the wealthy of Kulema would come to vacation.

639.gif

Terrakion took the group of survivors who felt the most sorrow and anger over the tragedy to his home island. They christened the island Huzuni. Instead of becoming guardians or investing in wealth, the people of Huzuni sought to honor those who perished. They lived like the first settlers of Aliqua: frugally and with nature. Since the island is mostly desert, they took to forming small settlements around the oasis found throughout the desert. People did eventually settle in two cities on the island: Thorton to the north and Badonna to the south. But the majority of the island's population lived in the desert. The greatest feature found on Huzuni was the massive meteor found in the desert. Inside, it was inexplicably freezing cold, a welcome escape from the heat of the desert. It was established as a memorial of sorts to those who died.

647.gif

Keldeo, the youngest and most naive of the Musketeers, took those with impure and angry souls. It hoped to take it to its small island in the middle of Kulema to help cleanse their souls. Instead, they decided to isolate themselves from the rest of Kulema. They built no ports and put up a magic barrier to prevent people from sneaking in. It wasn't until recently that the island reopened and the people of Fenris were allowed to leave for the first time in hundreds of years. Within their bubble they formed their own language and culture that varied greatly from everyone else. Their most prominent feature is the dying forest that covers most of the island (which some say proves the island was once part of Edelstein and broken off by the Musketeers to give Keldeo its own home). There is also a lake of Lava to the west that draws many visitors to it for its rare Fire-type Pokémon. Fenris Town and Ebilokii City are the two mainstays of human population on the island.

---

About ten years before the story of this game takes place, the Four Musketeers disappeared from the islands. They left without a word to anyone. Many feared they had disappointed them and now felt vulnerable to another disaster. Because of this, they decided to form a Pokémon League for the first time. There had been many unofficial gyms established over the years but this was the first time they registered with the Official Pokémon League in Kanto. Eight Gyms were established and named the Siegfried League. Its home base was placed in the Siegfried Plateau in western Huzuni. It was here the country's Elite Four also lived but for the most part, they remained out of the public's eye...

---

The story of this game begins when the public's worst fear happened. Several homes in Badonna City are attacked by a figure from the Kulema's past: the last Head Witch of Aliqua named Motema. Perplexed by the appearance of a figure that was presumed to be dead for hundreds of years, many thought it was a terrorist of sorts who based her appearance on the historical figure. Others thought she had come back from revenge on the Four Musketeers for banishing her to death on the island. No matter the circumstances, people were afraid. However, this appeared to be an isolated incident and the public soon forgot about it.

You are an eleven year old boy/girl from Hugin Town. You are descended from the original guardians of Yggdra who moved to Edelstein many years ago. Here you are given a choice of which Pokémon to raise:

629.gif
or
627.gif

Each represents a different virtue valued by the Yggdran Guardians: intelligence (Vullaby) and bravery (Rufflet). You have decided you wish to explore all of Kulema and face a gym or two. With your new trusted partner, you set out of your small, secluded town. Along the way, you'll encounter new people, Pokémon and perhaps the cause behind the Badonnan attacks.

Pokédex

14m6ut4.png

Protagonists

Diane.png

Default name: Diane

Features

• Dew - Dew is basically a second "currency" within the game. By collecting Dew in your Mystic Cup, you can trade it with witches spread throughout Kulema to receive rare items or unlock traits. You receive the Mystic Cup in Legre City.
  • Traits - These will be given their own section entirely but they're basically the replacement for abilities in my game. Every Pokémon has a certain amount of slots for traits (anywhere between 1-7 slots depending on the Pokémon). Each trait takes up a certain amount of traits (0 if known naturally and between 1-4 otherwise). The whole reasoning for traits can be broken down into two points: I wanted Pokémon like Magnemite to be able to Levitate without taking away from their other abilities and I wanted people to be able to create an unique Pokémon that differed from others within its species. More info can be found here
  • Magic - As with all Kulema inhabitants, the protagonist can use magic. This feature is mostly to replace the HM feature. Using magic, the protagonist can cut through trees, move giant boulders, fly through the skies and cross the sea. There are several other practical purposes for magic but that's not what I want the focus of the game to be about.

Gym Leaders/Elite Four/Champion

These are the most prominent non-player/villains figures found in Kulema.
  • Zigsa - Ice - Legre City - Solemn Badge - TM-- (---)
  • Eusapia - Psychic - Asgarde City - Big Top Badge - TM-- (Magic Trick)
  • Mary - Normal - Heimdawl City - Cross Badge - TM-- (---)
  • Jacques - Water - Ragnarof City - Coral Badge - TM-- (---)
  • Lilith - Dark - Fenris City - Vamp Badge - TM-- (Life Drain)
  • Galileo - Fire - Ports of Glenodin - Buccaneer Badge - TM-- (Nova Burst)
  • Titania - Bug - Badonna City - Moth Badge - TM-- (---)
  • Henson - Ghost - Ebilokii City - Puppet Badge - TM-- (---)
---
  • Amelio - Flying
  • Ivan - Poison
  • Magnus - Rock
  • Tesla - Electric
---
  • Freija - Champion

Credits

• Abnegation - For everything. Without him there wouldn't be a thread to post
  • Forgotten Memory- For helping me get Windows on my Mac and being a great support overall
  • Conan Edogawa- For the OW Map
  • Signomi for Diane's Art
  • Minezumi for Diane's sprite and all future OW sprites
  • Alexial for all of the character art

Last edited:

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
Interesting story you have there. I'll admit I didn't read through the whole storyline :I But it was more because of the horrible text color-background clash.

Artwork looks amazing.

Dragonmage119

beginner eevee trainer
Years
awsome story and this looks well thought out cant wait to see how you handle the differnt language in the centrer island

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Interesting story you have there. I'll admit I didn't read through the whole storyline :I But it was more because of the horrible text color-background clash.

Artwork looks amazing.

lol Don't be rude! I'm colorblind so I had no idea it clashed for normal people. I think it looks better now though.

awsome story and this looks well thought out cant wait to see how you handle the differnt language in the centrer island

They'll probably speak in French or German so if anyone who reads this wants to help me make a normal-sounding conversation occur in French or German for me, I'd appreciate the help!

cruciFICTION

A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
Years
They'll probably speak in French or German so if anyone who reads this wants to help me make a normal-sounding conversation occur in French or German for me, I'd appreciate the help!
You know, I plan on learning Na'vi (from James Cameron's Avatar) for the purpose of writing in it, so this could be good practice, perhaps? :p

luke

Master of the Elements
Years

Traits

• Adaptability - 5000mg - Powers up moves of same type - All Pokémon except Ditto - Tutor
  • Aftermath - 2000mg - Damages the foe landing the finishing hit - Roggenrola line, Nosepass line, Koffing line, Magnemite line, Onix line, Beldum line, Lunatone + Solrock, Pineco line, Exeggcute line, Stunky line - Tutor
  • Analytic - 2000mg - Strengthens moves when moving last - Slowpoke line, Magnemite line, Beldum line, Porygon line, Elgyem line, Cradily line, Exeggcute line, Foongus line, Litwick line, Cresselia - Tutor
  • Anger Point - 3000mg - Raises Attack upon taking a critical hit - Vullaby line, Rufflet line, Poliwrath, Snubbull line, Gyarados, Donphan, Pinsir, Pawniard line, Spoink line, Mankey line, Krabby line, Carvanha line, Houndour line, Magby line, Darumaka line, Larvitar line, Smoochum line, Cubchoo line, Sneasel line, Cranidos line, Aerodactyl, Elekid line, Bouffalant, Croagunk line, Stunky line, Deino line, Snorunt line, Rhyhorn line, Scraggy line, Darkrai, Mewtwo - Tutor
  • Anticipation - 2000mg - Senses the foe's dangerous moves - Poliwag line, Venonat line, Mienfoo line, Igglybuff line, Psyduck line, Smoochum line, Swinub line, Pineco line, Joltik line, Croagunk line, Wynaut line - Tutor
  • Arena Trap - Prevents the foe from fleeing - Trapinch only - Natural
  • Armor - The Pokémon is protected against critical hits - Clamperl, Shellder line, Pupitar, Omanyte line, Pineco line - Natural
  • Audacity - 7000mg - Boosts Special Attack if there is a status problem - Pansage line, Pansear line, Panpour line, Misdreavus line, Mienfoo line, Jolteon, Spoink line, Psyduck line, Koffing line, Alomomola, Lileep line, Ponyta line, Exeggcute line, Joltik line, Chingling line, Deino line, Virizion - Tutor (cannot be taught to Pokémon with Guts)
  • Bad Dreams - Reduces a sleeping foe's HP - Darkrai only - Natural
  • Big Pecks - 1000mg - Protects the Pokémon from Defense-lowering attacks - Flying-types only - Tutor
  • Blaze - 3000mg - Powers up Fire-type moves in a pinch - Fire-types only - Tutor
  • Blossoming! - 12000mg - Boosts the user's Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed in sunny weather - Cherrim only - User cannot have other traits with this one attached - Tutor
  • Cacophony - 4000mg - Powers up and grants 100% accuracy to all sound-based moves - Vullaby line, Poliwag line, Lotad line, Misdreavus line, Igglybuff line, Smoochum line, Chingling line, Hydreigon - Tutor
  • Chlorophyll - 4000mg - Boosts the Pokémon's Speed in sunshine - Grass-types only - Tutor
  • Clear Body - 5000mg - Prevents the Pokémon's stats from being lowered - Poliwag line, Vaporeon, Beldum line, Lampent + Chandelure - Tutor
  • Cloud Nine - 6000mg - Eliminates the effects of weather - Psyduck line only - Tutor (Psyduck Man @ Heimdawl Lake)
  • Contrary - 8000mg - Inverts stat modifiers - Pansage line, Pansear line, Panpour line, Remoraid line, Magby line, Exeggcute line, Mewtwo - Tutor
  • Cursed Body - 5000mg - Has a 30% chance of Disabling any move that hits the Pokémon - Ghost-types only - Tutor
  • Cute Charm - 2000mg - Contact with the Pokémon may cause infatuation - Snubbull line, Pansage line, Pansear line, Panpour line, Happiny line, Mareep line, Mienfoo line, Eevee line, Igglybuff line, Finneon line, Ponyta line, Chingling line, Cresselia - Tutor
  • Damp - 2000mg - Prevents combatants from self destructing and Aftermath activating - All Water-types, Foongus line
  • Defiant - 6000mg - Raises Attack two stages upon having any stat lowered - Rufflet line, Magikarp line, Pinsir, Pawniard line, Flareon, Mankey line, Growlithe line, Onix line, Larvesta line, Sneasel line, Bouffalant, Riolu line, Rhyhorn line, Musketeer Quartet, Mewtwo - Tutor
  • Download - 5000mg - Adjusts power according to the foe's lowest defensive stat - Golurk line, Magnemite line, Beldum line, Porygon line - Tutor
  • Drizzle - 12000mg - The Pokémon makes it rain if it appears in battle - Politoed only - Tutor
  • Drought - 12000mg - The Pokémon makes it sunny if it appears in battle - Solrock only - Tutor
  • Dry Skin - 3000mg - Reduces HP if it is hot. Water restores HP - Smoochum line, Toxicroak line, Foongus line - Tutor
  • Early Bird - 2000mg - The Pokémon awakens quickly from sleep - All Pokémon - Tutor
  • Effect Spore - Contact may paralyze, poison, or cause sleep - Foongus line - Natural
  • Flame Body - 4000mg - Contact with the Pokémon may burn the foe and prevents freeze - Magby line and Larvesta line only - Tutor
  • Flash Fire - 6000mg - Powers up Fire-type moves if hit by a fire move - All Fire-types - Tutor
  • Forewarn - 4000mg - Determines what moves the foe has - All Psychic- and Ghost-type Pokémon - Tutor
  • Friend Guard - 4000mg - Decreases damage inflicted against ally Pokémon - All Normal-type Pokémon - Tutor
  • Frisk - 5000mg - The Pokémon can check the foe's held item - Poliwag line, Venonat line, Misdreavus line, Nincada line, Igglybuff line, Shuppet line, Porygon line, Trapinch line, Lunatone + Solrock, Joltik line, Croagunk line, Litwick line, Wynaut line, Spiritomb, Mewtwo - Tutor
  • Gluttony - 4000mg - Encourages the early use of a held Berry - Vullaby line, Rufflet line, Poliwag line, Snubbull line, Mareep line, Lotad line, Phanpy line, Igglybuff line, Spoink line, Slowpoke line, Growlithe line, Magby line, Cacnea line, Darumaka line, Cubchoo line, Swinub line, Exeggcute line, Tropius, Munchlax line, Rhyhorn line, Scraggy line, Terrakion - Tutor
  • Guts - 7000mg - Boosts Attack if there is a status problem - Braviary, Poliwrath, Snubbull line, Pansage line, Pansear line, Panpour line, Phanpy line, Pinsir, Pawniard line, Mienfoo line, Flareon, Mankey line, Growlithe line, Golett line, Onix line, Carvanha line, Zorua line, Larvitar line, Cranidos line, Elekid line, Axew line, Riolu line, Croagunk line, Rhyhorn line, Cobalion, Mewtwo - Tutor
  • Harvest - 8000mg - Restores any held Berry after the turn on which it is used - All Grass-type Pokémon - Tutor
  • Healer - 5000mg - Has a 30% chance of curing each adjacent ally of any major status ailment after each turn - Happiny line, Alomomola, Cresselia - Tutor
  • Heatproof - 5000mg - Weakens the power of Fire-type moves - All Steel-type Pokémon - Tutor
  • Heavy Metal - 1000mg - Doubles the Pokémon's weight - All Steel-type Pokémon - Tutor
  • Herbivore - 8000mg - Absorbs Grass moves, raising Attack one stage - Mareep line, Phanpy line, Spoink line, Numel line, Swinub line, Bouffalant, Ponyta line, Munchlax line, Rhyhorn line - Tutor
  • Hustle - 4000mg - Boosts the Attack stat, but lowers accuracy - Vullaby line, Pansage line, Pansear line, Panpour line, Magikarp line, Pawniard line, Nincada line, Mienfoo line, Gligar line, Remoraid line, Leafeon, Carvanha line, Houndour line, Cacnea line, Sneasel line, Ponyta line, Cottonee line, Riolu line, Stunky line, Scraggy line - Tutor
  • Hydration - 5000mg - Heals status problems if it is raining - All Water-type Pokémon, Smoochum line, Lileep line
  • Hyper Cutter - 4000mg - Prevents the Attack stat from being lowered and boosts slashing move's power - Pawniard line, Nincada line, Gligar line, Krabby line, Sneasel line, Axew line, Musketeer Quartet - Tutor
  • Ice Body - 4000mg - The Pokémon regains HP in a hailstorm - All Ice-Type Pokémon - Tutor
  • Illuminate - 8000mg - Raises the likelihood of meeting wild Pokémon and boosts the power of user's Special moves - Mareep line only - Tutor (Lighthouse)
  • Illusionist - Takes the appearance of the last conscious party Pokémon upon being sent out until hit by a damaging move - Zorua line only - Natural
  • Immunity - 5000mg - Prevents the Pokémon from getting poisoned - All Pokémon except Ditto - Tutor
  • Impostor - Transforms upon entering battle - Ditto only - Natural
  • Infiltrator - 3000mg - Ignores Light Screen, Reflect, and Safeguard - Vullaby line, Venonat line, Pansage line, Pansear line, Panpour line, Cherubi line, Misdreavus line, Mienfoo line, Gligar line, Umbreon, Surskit line, Finneon line, Houndour line, Zorua line, Elgyem line, Sneasel line, Cryogonal, Omanyte line, Aerodactyl, Ponyta line, Cottonee line, Joltik line, Deino line, Snorunt line, Spiritomb, Darkrai - Tutor
  • Inner Focus - 2000mg - The Pokémon is protected from flinching - All Pokémon except Ditto - Tutor
  • Insomnia - 5000mg - Prevents the Pokémon from falling asleep - All Pokémon except Ditto - Tutor
  • Intimidation - 5000mg - Lowers the foe's Attack stat - Braviary, Poliwrath, Snubbull line, Gyarados, Pinsir, Pawniard line, Mankey line, Growlithe line, Masquerain, Onix line, Metagross, Carvanha line, Huntail, Houndour line, Zorua line, Cacnea line, Larvitar line, Beartic, Mamoswine, Aerodactyl, Bouffalant, Haxorus, Skuntank, Deino line, Rhyhorn line, Darkrai, Cobalion, Terrakion, Mewtwo - Tutor
  • Iron Fist - 4000mg - Boosts the power of punching moves - All Fighting-type Pokémon except Musketeer Quartet, Pansage line, Pansear line, Panpour line, Pinsir, Slowbro + Slowking, Psyduck line, Golett line, Metagross, Zoroark, Magby line, Cacnea line, Darumaka line, Smoochum line, Cubchoo line, Sneasel line, Elekid line, Mewtwo - Tutor
  • Justified - Boosts Attack when hit by/grants immunity to Dark-type moves - Growlithe line, Riolu line, Musketeer Quartet - Natural
  • Keen Eye - 1000mg - Prevents the Pokémon from losing accuracy - All Flying-types, Sneasel line, Stunky line - Tutor
  • Klutz - 1500mg - The Pokémon can't use any held items - Pansage line, Pansear line, Panpour line, Lotad line, Igglybuff line, Spoink line, Psyduck line, Golett line, Shuppet line, Numel line, Elgyem line, Darumaka line, Exeggcute line, Wynaut line, Munchlax line, Keldeo - Tutor
  • Leaf Guard - 5000mg - Heals status problems if it is sunny out - Grass-type Pokémon only - Tutor
  • Levitation - Gives full immunity to all Ground-type moves - Venomoth, Misdreavus line, Probopass, Koffing line, Magnemite line, Beldum line, Shuppet line, Volcarona, Porygon line, Vibrava + Flygon, Cryogonal, Lunatone + Solrock, Cottonee line, Chingling line, Hydreigon, Glalie + Froslass, Tynamo line, Darkrai, Cresselia - Natural
  • Light Metal - 1000mg - Halves the Pokémon's weight - Steel-type Pokémon only - Tutor
  • Lightningrod - 6000mg - The Pokémon draws in all Electric-type moves and Boosts Attack and Special Attack by one stage when hit - Electric-type Pokémon, Rhyhorn line - Tutor
  • Limber - 5000mg - The Pokémon is protected from paralysis - All Pokémon except Ditto - Tutor
  • Magic Bounce - 12000mg - Reflects most non-damaging moves back at their user - Espeon only - User cannot have other traits with this one attached - Tutor
  • Magic Guard - 10000mg - The Pokémon only takes damage from attacks - Happiny line, Misdreavus line, Mienfoo line, Nosepass line, Glaceon, Spoink line, Slowking, Alomomola, Finneon line, Tangela line, Elgyem line, Smoochum line, Froslass, Mewtwo - Tutor
  • Magnet Pull - 5000mg - Prevents Steel-type Pokémon from escaping - Nosepass line, Magnemite line, Beldum line - Tutor
  • Manipulation - 12000mg - Summons a massive Trick Room that never disappears - Elgyem line only - User cannot have other traits with this one attached - Tutor
  • Mold Breaker - 9000mg - Prevents the opponent from using its traits - Mandibuzz, Braviary, Gyarados, Donphan, Pinsir, Bisharp, Roggenrola line, Kingler, Golurk, Onix line, Sharpedo, Cloyster, Porygon line, Trapinch line, Lunatone + Solrock, Cranidos line, Pineco line, Axew line, Toxicroak, Eelektross, Rhyhorn line, Musketeer Quartet, Mewtwo - Tutor
  • Moody - 6000mg - Raises a random stat two stages and lowers another one stage after each turn - Poliwag line, Remoraid line, Snorunt line - Tutor
  • Motor Drive - 6000mg - Raises Speed if hit by an Electric-type move - Electric-type Pokémon only - Tutor
  • Moxie - 8000mg - Raises Attack one stage upon KOing a Pokémon - Rufflet line, Snubbull line, Gyarados, Phanpy line, Pinsir, Pawniard line, Roggenrola line, Flareon, Mankey line, Krabby line, Growlithe line, Onix line, Beldum line, Carvanha line, Houndour line, Tangela line, Trapinch line, Larvitar line, Cubchoo line, Swinub line, Solrock, Aerodactyl, Boufflant, Pineco line, Ponyta line, Axew line, Riolu line, Croagunk line, Skuntank line, Deino line, Rhyhorn line, Scraggy line, Virizion - Tutor
  • Natural Cure - 4000mg - All status problems are healed upon switching out - Pansage line, Happiny line, Cherubi line, Shellos line, Alomomola, Lileep line, Ditto, Foongus line, Litwick line, Cresselia - Tutor
  • No Guard - Ensures the Pokémon and its foe's attacks land - Golett line only - Natural
  • Normalize - 1000mg - All the Pokémon's moves become the Normal type - Normal-type Pokémon except Ditto only - Tutor
  • Oblivious - 2000mg - Prevents the Pokémon from becoming infatuated - All Pokémon with Gender - Tutor
  • Overcoat - Protects against damage from weather - Vullaby line, Cacnea line, Darumaka line - Natural
  • Overgrow - 3000mg - Powers up Grass-type moves in a pinch - Fire-type Pokémon only - Tutor
  • Own Tempo - 2000mg - Prevents the Pokémon from becoming confused - All Pokémon except Ditto - Tutor
  • Perfect Vision - 3000mg - The Pokémon's accuracy is boosted - Venonat line, Nincada line, Gligar line, Slowbro, Magneton + Magnezone, Larvesta line, Vibrava + Flygon, Joltik line, Zweilous + Hydreigon - Tutor
  • Pickpocket - 3000mg - Steals attacking Pokémon's held item on contact - Dark-type Pokémon, Pansage line, Pansear line, Panpour line, Gligar line, Croagunk line - Tutor
  • Pickup - The Pokémon may pick up items - Phanpy line only - Natural
  • Poison Heal - 7000mg - Restores HP if the Pokémon is poisoned - All Pokémon except Ditto/Poison-types - Tutor
  • Poisonous Body - 7000mg - Has a 20% chance of poisoning Pokémon upon contact when attacking/when attacked - Poison-type Pokémon only - Tutor
  • Prankster - 8000mg - Raises non-damaging moves' priority by one stage - Vullaby line, Venonat line, Pansage line, Pansear line, Panpour line, Lotad line, Misdreavus line, Pawniard line, Nincada line, Gligar line, Umbreon, Shuppet line, Zorua line, Porygon line, Cacnea line, Darumaka line, Sneasel line, Whimsicott line, Riolu line, Joltik line, Croagunk line, Stunky line, Snorunt line, Spiritomb - Tutor
  • Pressure - 3000mg - The Pokémon raises the foe's PP usage - All final stages, Darkrai, Cresselia, Musketeer Quartet, Mewtwo - Tutor
  • Quick Feet - 7000mg - Boosts Speed if there is a status problem - Poliwag line, Snubbull line, Lotad line, Mienfoo line, Eevee line, Psyduck line, Houndour line, Darumaka line, Cranidos line, Elekid line, Bouffalant, Ponyta line, Riolu line, Croagunk line, Scraggy line, Keldeo - Tutor
  • Rain Dish - The Pokémon gradually recovers HP in rain/Doubles the amount of dew you collect per step if in party - Lotad line only - Natural
  • Rattled - 2000mg - Raises Speed one stage upon being hit by a Dark, Ghost, or Bug move - Venonat line, Snubbull line, Happiny line, Magikarp line, Remoraid line, Finneon line, Clamperl line, Cubchoo line, Chingling line, Wynaut line, Snorunt line, Cresselia - Tutor
  • Reckless - 5000mg - Powers up moves that have recoil damage - Rufflet line, Pinsir, Mienfoo line, Growlithe line, Onix line, Beldum line, Carvahna line, Magby line, Darumaka line, Swinub line, Cranidos line, Aerodactyl, Bouffalant, Ponyta line, Deino line, Tynamo line, Rhyhorn line - Tutor
  • Regenerator - 9000mg - Heals for 1/3 max HP upon leaving battle - Mienfoo line, Vaporeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Shellos line, Slowpoke line, Onix line, Alomomola, Tangela line, Porygon line, Elgyem line, Cryogonal, Lileep line, Ditto, Foongus line, Wynaut line, Cresselia - Tutor
  • Rivalry - 4000mg - Raises Attack if the foe is of the same gender - All gendered Pokémon - Tutor
  • Rock Head - 8000mg - Protects the Pokémon from recoil damage - Rufflet line, Snubbull line, Roggenrola line, Nosepass line, Octillery, Golett line, Onix line, Beldum line, Larvitar line, Cranidos line, Aerodactyl, Rhyhorn line, Scraggy line - Tutor
  • Rough Skin - Inflicts damage to the foe on contact - Carvanha line only - Natural
  • Run Away - 1000mg - Enables sure getaway from wild Pokémon - Vullaby line, Rufflet line, Snubbull line, Pansage line, Pansear line, Panpour line, Cherubi line, Mienfoo line, Gligar line, Eevee line, Growlithe line, Masquerain, Houndour line, Zorua line, Magby line, Darumaka line, Smoochum line, Sneasel line, Elekid line, Ponyta line, Axew line, Cottonee line, Riolu line, Joltik line, Stunky line, Musketeer Quartet, Mewtwo - Tutor
  • Sand Force - 7000mg - Strengthens Rock, Ground, and Steel moves to 1.3× their power during a sandstorm - All Rock-, Ground- and Steel-type Pokémon - Can't be combined with Sand Stream or Sand Spirit - Tutor
  • Sand Rush - 7000mg - Doubles Speed during a sandstorm - All Rock-, Ground- and Steel-type Pokémon, Darumaka line - Can't be combined with Sand Stream or Sand Spirit - Tutor
  • Sand Spirit - 12000mg - The The Pokémon summons a sandstorm in battle and receives an Attack boost - Flygon only - User cannot have other traits with this one attached - Tutor
  • Sand Stream - 12000mg - The Pokémon summons a sandstorm in battle - Tyranitar only - Tutor
  • Sand Veil - 7000mg - Boosts the Pokémon's evasion in a sandstorm - All Rock-, Ground- and Steel-type Pokémon, Cacnea line - Can't be combined with Sand Stream or Sand Spirit - Tutor
  • Scrappy - 6000mg - Enables moves to hit Ghost-type foes - Rufflet line, Snubbull line, Mankey line, Golett line, Snorlax line, Musketeer Quartet - Tutor
  • Serene Grace - 9000mg - Boosts the likelihood of added effects appearing - Happiny line, Mareep line, Cherubi line, Vaporeon, Slowpoke line, Alomomola, Finneon line, Clamperl line, Larvesta line, Porygon line, Elgyem line, Cryogonal, Lunatone + Solrock, Cottonee line, Riolu line, Chingling line, Cresselia - Tutor
  • Shadow Tag - 12000mg - Prevents the foe from escaping - Litwick line, Wynaut line - User cannot have other traits with this one attached - Tutor
  • Shed Skin - The Pokémon may heal its own status problems - Scraggy line only - Natural
  • Sheer Force - 7000mg - Strengthens moves with extra effects to 1.3× their power, but prevents their extra effects - Rufflet line, Poliwrath + Politoed, Snubbull line, Simisage, Simisear, Simipour, Gyarados, Phanpy line, Pinsir, Pawniard line, Roggenrola line, Mienfoo line, Gligar line, Leafeon, Mankey line, Gastrodon, Krabby line, Golett line, Koffing line, Onix line, Metang + Metagross, Carvanha line, Camerupt, Trapinch line, Darmanitan, Tyranitar, Beartic, Piloswine + Mamoswine, Cranidos line, Electivire, Bouffalant, Forretress, Rapidash, Haxorus, Tropius, Lucario, Toxicroak, Skuntank, Zweilous + Hydreigon, Snorlax, Eelektross, Rhyhorn line, Scrafty - Tutor
  • Shield Dust - 4000mg - Blocks the added effects of attacks taken - Venomoth, Masquerain, Volcarona - Tutor
  • Simple - 7000mg - The Pokémon is prone to wild stat changes - Pansage line, Pansear line, Panpour line, Lotad line, Roggenrola line, Remoraid line, Igglybuff line, Spoink line, Slowpoke line, Koffing line, Tangela line, Numel line, Porygon line, Swinub line, Omanyte line, Lileep line, Cranidos line, Aerodactyl, Exeggcute line, Tropius, Foongus line, Snorunt line, Rhyhorn line - Tutor
  • Skill Link - 7000mg - Increases the frequency of multi-strike moves - Pansage line, Roggenrola line, Igglybuff line, Shellder line, Omanyte line, Rhyhorn line - Tutor
  • Sniper - 7000mg - Powers up moves if they become critical hits - Vullaby line, Pansage line, Pansear line, Panpour line, Pawniard line, Nincada line, Gligar line, Carvanha line, Axew line, Croagunk line, Musketeer Quartet - Tutor
  • Snow Cloak - 7000mg - Raises evasion in a hailstorm - All Ice-Type Pokémon - Tutor
  • Snow Shoes - 7000mg - Boosts the Pokémon's Speed in a hailstorm - All Ice-Type Pokémon - Tutor
  • Snow Warning - 12000mg - The Pokémon summons a hailstorm in battle - Cryogonal only - Tutor
  • Solar Power - 7000mg - Boosts Sp. Atk, but lowers HP in sunshine - All Fire- and Grass-type Pokémon - Tutor
  • Soundproof - 3000mg - Gives full immunity to all sound-based moves - Nosepass line, Golett line, Koffing line, Magnemite line, Beldum line, Porygon line, Cryogonal, Lunatone + Solrock, Lileep line, Bouffalant, Ditto, Litwick line, Snorunt line - Tutor
  • Speed Boost - 12000mg - The Pokémon's Speed stat is gradually boosted - Flying, Bug and Electric-type Pokémon, Carvanha line - Tutor
  • Static - 2000mg - Contact with the Pokémon may cause paralysis - Electric-type Pokémon - Tutor
  • Steadfast - 4000mg - Raises Speed each time the Pokémon flinches - Rufflet line, Phanpy line, Pinsir, Mienfoo line, Growlithe line, Onix line, Pineco line, Exeggcute line, Tropius, Riolu line, Wynaut line, Tynamo line, Scraggy line, Musketeer Quartet, Mewtwo - Tutor
  • Stench - 1000mg - The stench helps keep wild Pokémon away/10% of causing flinching - Koffing line, Stunky line - Tutor (Garbageman in Heimdawl Sewers)
  • Sticky Hold - 1000mg - Protects the Pokémon from item theft - Pansage line, Pansear line, Panpour line, Shellos line, Tangela line, Omanyte line, Lileep line, Ditto, Wynaut line - Tutor
  • Storm Drain - 6000mg - The Pokémon draws in all Water-type moves - All Water-type Pokémon, Smoochum line - Tutor
  • Sturdy - 6000mg - The Pokémon is protected against 1-hit KO attacks - All Rock- and Steel-type Pokémon - Tutor
  • Suction Cups - Negates moves that force switching out - Octillery, Lileep line - Natural
  • Super Luck - 6000mg - Heightens the critical-hit ratios of moves - All Dark- and Flying-type Pokémon, Jolteon - Tutor
  • Swarm - 3000mg - Powers up Bug-type moves in a pinch - Bug-type Pokémon only - Tutor
  • Swift Swim - 7000mg - Boosts the Pokémon's Speed in rain - Water-type Pokémon, Beartic, Rampardos, Snorlax, Rhydon + Rhyperior - Tutor
  • Synchronize - 8000mg - Passes on a burn, poison, or paralysis to the foe - Psychic-type Pokémon, Umbreon, Darkrai - Tutor
  • Tangled Feet - 2000mg - Raises evasion if the Pokémon is confused - All Normal- and Flying-type Pokémon - Tutor
  • Technician - 7000mg - Powers up the Pokémon's weaker moves - Venonat line, Pansage line, Pansear line, Panpour line, Lotad line, Pawniard line, Nincada line, Gligar line, Remoraid line, Surskit line, Finneon line, Shuppet line, Larvesta line, Porygon line, Elgyem line, Cacnea line, Trapinch line, Sneasel line, Cryogonal, Axew line, Cottonee line, Joltik line, Croagunk line, Stunky line, Foongus line, Tynamo line, Keldeo - Tutor
  • Telepathy - 3000mg - Protects against damaging moves from friendly Pokémon - Psychic-type Pokémon, Happiny line, Misdreavus line, Igglybuff line, Psyduck line, Gorebyss, Shuppet line, Zorua line, Magby line, Porygon line, Darumaka line, Elekid line, Riolu line, Litwick line, Froslass, Spiritomb, Musketeer Quartet - Tutor
  • Thick Fat - 4000mg - Raises resistance to Fire- and Ice-type moves - Happiny line, Igglybuff line, Spoink line, Numel line, Swinub line, Bouffalant, Wynaut line, Munchlax line, Terrakion - Tutor
  • Thick Skin - 5000mg - Powers down super- effective moves - All Rock-type Pokémon, Phanpy line, Camerupt - Tutor
  • Tinted Lens - 8000mg - Powers up "not very effective" moves - Venonat line, Nincada line, Surskit line, Finneon line, Larvesta line, Vibrava + Flygon, Pineco line - Tutor
  • Torrent - 3000mg - Powers up Water-type moves in a pinch - Water-type Pokémon only - Tutor
  • Trace - 8000mg - The Pokémon copies the foe's traits - Psychic-type Pokémon, Porygon line - User cannot have other traits with this one attached - Tutor
  • Unaware - 5000mg - Ignores any change in stats by the foe - Poliwag line, Lotad line, Roggenrola line, Nosepass line, Remoraid line, Slowpoke line, Koffing line, Clamperl line, Tangela line, Numel line, Omanyte line, Bouffalant, Pineco line, Exeggcute line, Foongus line, Wynaut line, Munchlax line, Tynamo line, Rhyhorn line - Tutor
  • Unburden - 4000mg - Raises Speed if a held item is used - All Pokémon - Tutor
  • Unnerve - 7000mg - Opposing Pokémon cannot use held items - Vullaby line, Rufflet line, Snubbull line, Gyarados, Pawniard line, Gligar line, Mankey line, Onix line, Sharpedo line, Huntail, Cloyster, Houndour line, Shuppet line, Magmortar, Cacnea line, Tyranitar, Benevolunt, Beartic, Sneasel line, Aerodactyl, Electivire, Bouffalant, Haxorus, Chandelure, Deino line, Glalie + Froslass, Eelektross, Spiritomb, Rhyhorn line, Scraggy line, Darkrai, Musketeer Quartet, Mewtwo - Tutor
  • Vital Spirit - Prevents the Pokémon from falling asleep - Mankey line only - Natural
  • Volt Absorb - 6000mg - Restores HP if hit by an Electric-type move - Electric-type Pokémon - Tutor
  • Water Absorb - 6000mg - Restores HP if hit by a Water-type move - Water-type Pokémon - Tutor
  • Weak Armor - 2000mg - Raises Speed and lowers Defense by one stage each upon being hit by any move - Roggenrola line, Nosepass line, Onix line, Beldum line, Clamperl line, Shellder line, Pineco line - Tutor
  • Wonder Guard - Only super effective moves will hit (also immune to status, entry hazards and weather) - Shedinja - Natural
  • Wonder Skin - 4000mg - Has a 50% chance of protecting against non-damaging moves that inflict major status ailments - Venomoth, Mareep line, Vaporeon, Alomomola, Porygon line, Smoochum line, Lileep line, Chingling line, Litwick line, Cresselia, Mewtwo - Tutor
  • Wonder Veil - 5000mg - Prevents the Pokémon from getting a burn - All non Fire-type Pokémon - Tutor

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
V cute game, Luke. :3 Excited to play it. f.y.i I love your updates on the PO server ): lol

I liked the old name better, tbh. :3 But meh, it's your game. Good luck with the rest of it.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
If anyone has a suggestion for traits, I'd love to hear them. I'm currently attempting to learn how to insert sprites/failing at eventing so in the meantime I'm coming up with as many traits as possible. I'd love to add your ideas as long as they're plausible. Which leads to...

CONTEST

I can't come up with a good signature trait for the Rufflet line. Vullaby's trait doubles her Special Attack so she can be an offensive powerhouse if she'd like. But I can't think of something equally as good for the Rufflet line. I originally had a triple chance of critical hit rate but that doesn't really match up to double special attack.

Anyone who comes up with the winning idea gets a special cameo in the game, my special emblem and some behind the scenes look at what I've got planned. Contest ends on Saturday. :3

Beegu

Is Waldo
Years

CONTEST

I can't come up with a good signature trait for the Rufflet line. Vullaby's trait doubles her Special Attack so she can be an offensive powerhouse if she'd like. But I can't think of something equally as good for the Rufflet line. I originally had a triple chance of critical hit rate but that doesn't really match up to double special attack.

Anyone who comes up with the winning idea gets a special cameo in the game, my special emblem and some behind the scenes look at what I've got planned. Contest ends on Saturday. :3

Cool. How about this: sharp eye(or somthing): a trait that doubles the accuracy of all of it's moves. Anything that is originally 60% or higher accuracy would always hit (50-59% would have a 100% chance) It matches with the eagle's keen eye and vicious accuracy and compairs fairly well to Vullaby's trait.
also, are we allowed to submit two traits?

Last edited:

Perriechu

Years
Rufflet could have something that's the opposite of Vullaby and just double it's attack, couldn't it? :P But then Rufflet and Braviary would just dominate the whole game. .___. It has mediocre speed, perhaps something that raises its speed sharply upon entering the battle? Idk call it First Strike. :3 or Fast strike. Something with a speedy name and strike. <:

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
War Cry - Increases entire team's attack by 10%.

I really can't think of anything else that hasn't been said before. Doubling attack is "symmetrical", except that gives Braviary a 690 attack stat from the get go (assuming 31 Atk IVs, 252 Atk EVs, and boosting nature). o.o Perhaps a free +1 to speed would be nice like bacon said. Apart from that, I'd look into something that fits Braviary's errr...bravery and patriotism.

Years
Maybe something that reduces the power of the opponents' moves which cause status problems or secondary effects? Kind of like Sheer Force, but as a defensive ability.

~DarkAchu~

Shady Character Lurking Around
Years
Concidering Rufflets Pokedex descriptions (Never backing down to stronger opponents and getting stronger because of it) i would go with something like: Strongest Bravery: Attack (Or all stats depending on the level difference) Doubles when the odds are against you.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
Something that removes recoil from moves, that way Brave Bird is uber powerful. It could something else to, like a free +1 to the attack stat.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Cool. How about this: sharp eye(or somthing): a trait that doubles the accuracy of all of it's moves. Anything that is originally 60% or higher accuracy would always hit (50-59% would have a 100% chance) It matches with the eagle's keen eye and vicious accuracy and compairs fairly well to Vullaby's trait.
also, are we allowed to submit two traits?

You can submit as many traits as you'd like. And I'm loving all of the ideas so far guys. Even if they don't become Rufflet's signature trait, I might make them a trait other Pokemon can learn. :) Keep the good ideas coming in you guys.

Minezumi

ミネズミ
Years
Traits:

Arena Trap - 2000mg - 1 Slot - Prevents the foe from fleeing - Trapinch and Diglett family only. Must know Dig.

Bad Dreams - 2000mg - 2 Slots - Reduces a sleeping foe's HP. Must know Dream Eater

That's all I got :\

Perriechu

Years
I've thought of two more ~ :3

Brave Heart (Would of been Brave Bird, but y'know. This also applies to Braviary as well)
Upon entering the battle, if the opponent is a higher level than Rufflet its Speed and Defense are raised. If the opponent is at an equal or lower level then Rufflets Attack and Special Defense are raised.

<: Make Rufflet boss. The name's a bit iffy but it's all I could think of. D;

Sharp Talon (Applies to Braviary as well)
At the end of the turn the opponent will take 25% Damage of the combined damage that Rufflet took.

It could couple nicely with Brave Bird. <: Super Op'd ;] Well, for Rufflet, anyway. :3

flamemaster

No school like the old school
Years
  • MI
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
Why is it always eleven?!? i mean seriously, why in the name of hell, would an eleven year old child, go on a journey around the world, and capture monsters that, have the destructive force to knock out half a building?!? it just doesnt make sense.

Back