• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Anyone besides me having trouble continuing their challenges now that school's over? I did most of mine on the bus. So now I'm pretty much down to 2 hours a week for challenges compared to 12 hours a week during the semester. Need to get motivated but the motivation is lacking. :/

diamondmutt1111

A wild summer appeared!
Years
Anyone besides me having trouble continuing their challenges now that school's over? I did most of mine on the bus. So now I'm pretty much down to 2 hours a week for challenges compared to 12 hours a week during the semester. Need to get motivated but the motivation is lacking. :/

I have that problem in general, lol. This summer I have been pretty motivated though, enough to finish White 2. (yes shocking isn't it? It's not that I am just busy, I am also lazy) I would suggest trying to power through a challenge you are close to finishing. Or take a break. Just remember where you stopped :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I took a break during school to focus on my finals and omg it took me forever to get back into the groove of playing after that. I'm fine now though. I'm making pretty good progress on both my challenges! I'm trying to finish up though so I can give Unova a rest and give gen III some love. Gonna rekindle my love for FRLG hopefully. But still haven't decided what I want to do with it. idk if I wanna do a challenge or a regular playthrough or what.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Do a Community run! :D

lol, I think any sort of laid back challenge is gonna be your best bet for getting into FRLG again.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Hello guys, been a while :)
Been hella busy with work and all *_*
I'm back into Pokemon now, but I'm not motivated about finishing my Gym Leader challenge :(
I want to finish it tho.. just gotta push myself to finish it >.<

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Exams are over tomorrow so even moar challenges. Btw Syd, you're making an event for the GT?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
No. There will not be a challenge event for GT this year. I'm hosting two events along with Curious. though, which you guys should definitely enter! And please please please no one try to convince me to make a challenge event or for you to host one. I have my reasons for not having one, and not only that, there's a little something extra in the event I have planned for August. So believe me, you guys are not being skimped out on in the event department. :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Yay! The Eeveelutions Challenge seems to be gaining more sign-ups *-* I hope it's not the effect of the stuff going on in the TC irc <.< >.>

But yeah ^^ hopefully the other challenges gain more sign ups soon as well *-*

ShinyNuzLover

What're you lookin' at?
Years
You could do a challenge where you could only use Pokemon in the next gym that are weak against it so then you need to use strategy and not type advantages. ex. Arcanine used against Clay, Sewaddle for Roxie. Does this seem to hard? Would you guys try it? I wanna know cause I might try it and I don't want to be the only one. Give me your opinions on this cause I want to know what you guys think of it.

Last edited:
Years
I had an idea for a challenge, but I'm not sure if it's different enough from nuzlocke? Also opinions are always good! :D (spoilering cuz kinda big)

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
So here's something that I think would work well as a challenge, or as an extra stipulation for another challenge: No using Pokemon Centers, or depositing then withdrawing Pokemon from PCs (which, of course, heals them). Actually, there could be 3 different levels of difficulty:

Level 1: No depositing Pokemon into PCs (they could still be released, though, or if you really don't want to do that, depositing them into off-limits boxes). You could still catch new Pokemon and withdraw them, fully healed, from the PC.

Level 2: No withdrawing Pokemon from the PC. You could deposit a Pokemon into the PC and catch a new one, but it would be at the same health as when you caught it, and you would immediately need to use some precious healing items.

Level 3: No using the PC at all. Once you have 6 Pokemon, you're stuck with them.

This could be a very good challenge on its own, forcing lots of inventory and risk management, or it could even be added to other challenges to provide additional challenge. Whiting out could either mean you lose the challenge (as you're then forced to use the Pokemon Center), or just take some important money. Any thoughts? I'd be shocked if this hasn't been suggested already, but I couldn't find it anywhere...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I had an idea for a challenge, but I'm not sure if it's different enough from nuzlocke? Also opinions are always good! :D (spoilering cuz kinda big)

Spoiler:
Your idea is very interesting, to say the least! It sounds like an incredibly difficult challenge and it seems like it could quite often end up in a very repetitive game Pokémon-wise? Say you're going through the first routes in Sinnoh with Chimchar (Fire) then you're bound to run into a Bidoof (Normal), Starly (Flying), Kricketot (Bug), Shinx (Electric), Budew (Grass or Poison), Geodude (Rock), Zubat (Poison), Buizel (Water), etc... Basically what I'm trying to get at is that these Pokémon are all incredibly common and come up a ridiculously frequent amount so you'll 90% of the time end up with the same team - perhaps it'd be better to use a method like "first Pokémon you encounter of the type, but you can choose to count others after the first in a new area"? I'm not sure how to solve it, but that's a flaw I'm seeing. Aside from that, the idea seems very interesting and I'd love to try it out. :D

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020

Spoiler:
Look up the "Elimination Challenge" from 2 years ago. It was practically this, besides that you didn't necessarily have to catch the 1st of each type you encounter (Though it could be a cool optional rule)

If i remember correctly i tore yellow apart with a Dodrio XD
I'd replay it in a different region if someone makes a new thread for it :)

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
It's funny that Mr. Cake posts in this thread because he plays a major role in the August event! ;)

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
I have fallen off the earth for awhile (some weeks? ) it seems. I was setting up a freshly installed OS and chrome and all and wondered why am I missing a few tabs.
It only now occurred to me lol

So hello again o/
I'll get to writing a finished game play update for my W2 Favorites challenge. I finished it last night, since I was too fed up with doing anything on the internet and I really wanted to continue wondering why did I buy Dream Radar now.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Challenges on Motorcycles!! [CI&D]

I'll be done with the challenges for a while because I want to train my WiFi team in Pokemon White. I'll be back for some more challenges after a while. I finished my Gym Leader challenge and I'll post the update when I wake up later on :-)

It's 1am right now :-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back