• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Crimson Version

How long should the first beta be?

• 1 Gym

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • 2 Gym

Votes: 26 89.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2014
do you happen to put vulpix on this hack??
cause i really like to see and to capture vulpix in this hack

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
*updated story and FAQs*

I know I pretty much let this hack die, but I was veeeery busy the first semester of school. I decided to continue thinking about this hack, and I'll see what I can do to at least complete a Beta. I know I keep saying this, and I'm not promising anything, but I want to return to this hobby. And, I'll probably release a map-beta soon, if nothing else.

I want to make a hack of significant quality. Some hacks have great graphics, but mediocre story. Some have great, deep story, but a mediocre look and feel that turns people off. I want to make a hack that balances both. I feel like I can write a good story and be artistic enough to make this hack beautiful in my own style. The graphics won't be top-notch or anything special, but I think you'll come to love them in their simplicity.

I think hacking has come to a bad stage, and maybe Crimson can help usher it into a new era of quality and not just doing it for kicks of the maker, but to bring something to the players as well, and leave them speechless and wanting more.

EDIT: I actually just finished mapping Route 3 and the beginning of Route 4. I'm thinking of naming the routes and not just giving them numbers... such as "Seaside Beach" etc. except a better name than that xD

Last edited:

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
*updated story and FAQs*

I know I pretty much let this hack die, but I was veeeery busy the first semester of school. I decided to continue thinking about this hack, and I'll see what I can do to at least complete a Beta. I know I keep saying this, and I'm not promising anything, but I want to return to this hobby. And, I'll probably release a map-beta soon, if nothing else.

I want to make a hack of significant quality. Some hacks have great graphics, but mediocre story. Some have great, deep story, but a mediocre look and feel that turns people off. I want to make a hack that balances both. I feel like I can write a good story and be artistic enough to make this hack beautiful in my own style. The graphics won't be top-notch or anything special, but I think you'll come to love them in their simplicity.

I think hacking has come to a bad stage, and maybe Crimson can help usher it into a new era of quality and not just doing it for kicks of the maker, but to bring something to the players as well, and leave them speechless and wanting more.

Bravo ^^ It is good that you came back. I could make you a new userbar if you want.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
Bravo ^^ It is good that you came back. I could make you a new userbar if you want.

Haha, thanks

This hack looks promising ;)
Only some mapping errors, but the tiles look nice!

WOAHWOAHWOAHWOAH there are some tile errors? Could you point these out to me, because I know where they are in my hack and there shouldn't be any in these screenshots...

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
I finally got some work done on the VienGonlo Language. Here's a pic of the runes:

2ijnrea.jpg

Notes:
- Roots are used to form words. For example, the Roots for Ocean and Sky together form Rain.
- Roots (Like Vien) are formed by two or three runes. (Golo means person/people if you were clever enough to figure out that Viengonlo itself is a derivative of the language)
- You learn roots throughout the game, allowing you to solve puzzles and get more in-depth story. Fancy items will often be unlocked by solving these puzzles.
- The Viengonlo number system is base 11. this means that instead of resetting and going up when it reaches 10, it resets when it hits eleven, This means that you will have to convert numbers into standard from Viengonlo. I use the & symbol to represent the new number that we don't have a word or symbol for.
- When you reach 100 (actually 121 in standard) you just write a 1 followed by a zero. When you hit 110 (132) you write it with a 1 followed by a 10 in the second rune.

UPDATE: I finished the Ruins Theme for Crimson. You can find it at http://www.filexoom.com/showfile-32164/ruins_theme_midi.mid. I composed it myself in around 3 hours. Enjoy!

EDIT: I fixed the broken link. Enjoy!

EDITEDIT: NNNNEver mind.

Last edited:

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I hope that this hack is still being worked on (it appears as though nobody's commented since January) because it looks good. I'd also be interested in trying a puzzle with the VienGolo language, as well as hearing some of the music. :)

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
Actually... My laptop died and Crimson died along with it. Good news - im getting a new computer within the week and a Crimson reboot may be in the making. We'll see ;) But, for now, I have no idea.

Years
I hope that this hack is still being worked on (it appears as though nobody's commented since January) because it looks good. I'd also be interested in trying a puzzle with the VienGolo language, as well as hearing some of the music. :)

I'm afraid the fact that this thread hasn't been posted in since January means that your post revived it, which is against the rules. Be sure to check the rule threads in any forum to see if a revival limit is in place!

teejermiester, if you have an update to post, just contact either DrFuji or myself to have this thread reopened. In the meantime, it will remain closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back