• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Are you playing B2W2 on 3DS?

You play B2W2 on...

• Nintendo DS

Votes: 38 21.5%
  • Nintendo 3DS

Votes: 112 63.3%
  • Both

Votes: 27 15.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Im probably going to use my 3DS for White 2, simply because it's already in that one and I dont want to wear down my DS Lite very much, Im trying to be careful with it as it's fairly old, plus I transfer Dream Radar Pokemon to that game.

Miyako

Rolling~♥~Bubbles
Years
I play on my 3DS mostly because of the Dream Radar, but also because the only other DS I have is a phat and it feels so clunky.

Nintendofox3d

Watch Pokemon Cyclone Saga!!
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2014
I play on my 3DS. I think it looks better on the ds/dsi. But I like using my 3DS better, becuase of pokemon dream rader, and its easier to connect to the dream world.

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
I use my 3DS for it, due to the better internet on it. (The drawback is short battery life, though.)

Adore

Party.
Years
I'm playing it on my DSi. I'd love to be able to access the Dream Radar and all of that cool stuff by playing it on a 3DS, but I don't have the money for one. :/

Years
I've just been playing White 2 on my DS Lite. There are very few games that I can think of at the moment that would make me want to upgrade to a 3DS, so I'm probably going to hold off until the main series games are exclusively on the 3DS- especially with my DS Lite in pretty good condition.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
Since I have both my DSi and my Nintendo 3DS with me, I decided to play any new games that I got for either the 3DS or DSi to play it on my 3DS, so that means I've played Pokemon Black 2 on my Nintendo 3DS. Whenever I tried to play it on a DSi, it feels extremely weird.

:t354:TG

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
Currently playing Black 2 on my Pikachu 3DS XL :D will be starting White 2 fairly soon.

Years
I'm still playing it on my old DS Lite but I am considering buying a 3DS XL. Is the bigger screen worth the effort? And is Dream Radar any good? I have yet to try it hands on.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 21, 2021
Both.
DS games in a 3DS look weird; I think it's the re-sizing of the top and bottom screens (compared to the DSi.)
Though I do use my 3DS at times for the dream radar.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I'm playing on my DS Lite, but it's not a great experience, since my DS Lite keeps having this weird problem with the screen where everything turns white, and I have to fiddle with the top half to make it go away. It usually stays fine like that, but if I bend the top half to a certain point, the screen turns white again. As a result, my DS Lite's screen is always glitchy white when I turn it on.

I'm going to get a 3DS XL pretty soon though, so I'll probably never use my crappy DS Lite again (except now I can finally trade Pokemon between my games, once I get a 3DS).

phonastik

Strange Quark
Years
I have both games and both systems, and usually I have Black 2 in my DS lite and White 2 in my 3DS. It does look a lot better on the DS, though. I also prefer the regular d-pad controls to the circle pad, so I use the d-pad on the 3DS as well.

Turboblaze

Blazing Aura
Years
I do the same thing except I play white 2 on my ds lite and black 2 on my 3ds and I also agree saying that it looks better on the lite.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
Years
I never use my DS unless I want to mess around with action replay. I rarely even use my 3DS, but yes, I do play White 2 on my 3DS.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
I'm playing on my DS Lite, but it's not a great experience, since my DS Lite keeps having this weird problem with the screen where everything turns white, and I have to fiddle with the top half to make it go away. It usually stays fine like that, but if I bend the top half to a certain point, the screen turns white again. As a result, my DS Lite's screen is always glitchy white when I turn it on.

I'm going to get a 3DS XL pretty soon though, so I'll probably never use my crappy DS Lite again (except now I can finally trade Pokemon between my games, once I get a 3DS).

Yeah, I kept my original 3DS for that reason - it's nice to trade my best Pokémon from Black to Black 2 and eventually from Black 2 to White 2 :D

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
I use my 3DS for my White2 mainly just because it's the only console I can use for any kind of trading/DreamWorld things.
My other option is Lite and it doesn't like WPA2 webs... =(

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
I played Black 2, about 50 of the 60 hours, on my 3DS. I wish that the games had been for 3DS, but they were still fun on the DS. I c an't wait for a Pokemon game like this to come to the 3DS. I am so excited for one!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back