• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Christian Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anno

Rinshan Kaihou!
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 30, 2014
Username: Anno
Are you Christian?: Yes
Denomination: Choose not to state u.u;;
Challenges: Being a 13 year old transgendered girl brought up with very grounded Christian beliefs, living with my single Father (who is amazingly supportive of me) after the death of my Mom a few years ago and trying to not lose faith in all of this u.u;;

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Challenges: Being a 13 year old transgendered girl brought up with very grounded Christian beliefs, living with my single Father (who is amazingly supportive of me) after the death of my Mom a few years ago and trying to not lose faith in all of this u.u;;

Wow, that's quite a story. I'll be sure to pray for you and your father. God is with you always, just remember that.

On a separate note to try to rejuvenate the club a little, have any of you guys ever done a "Bible in a Year" plan before? I'm on one now that I actually started, stopped, and restarted again recently, and I am learning a lot and it is definitely challenging my faith.

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
Not Gonna let this die. And New topic why did you choose your Denomination? Im Baptist and consider myself AnaBaptist like the Amish.
(Anabaptist a group of Baptist that let thier children choose to be baptized)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Wow, that's quite a story. I'll be sure to pray for you and your father. God is with you always, just remember that.

On a separate note to try to rejuvenate the club a little, have any of you guys ever done a "Bible in a Year" plan before? I'm on one now that I actually started, stopped, and restarted again recently, and I am learning a lot and it is definitely challenging my faith.

I'm going to be honest, a few years ago when I was a senior in high school, I started that challenge because a friend of mine encouraged me to. However, I stopped around June/July, and I feel kinda bad. :s Maybe I should make that a goal for this upcoming year.

Not Gonna let this die. And New topic why did you choose your Denomination? Im Baptist and consider myself AnaBaptist like the Amish.
(Anabaptist a group of Baptist that let thier children choose to be baptized)

I didn't really "choose" my denomination. I grew up with it. My parents raised me Catholic and I'm probably going to stay Catholic.

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
Years
Username: Evanlyn
Are you Christian?: Most definitely!
Denomination: Catholic

Not Gonna let this die. And New topic why did you choose your Denomination?

I was born and raised Catholic, so that's one of the main reasons that I am a Catholic today. I made a decision to stay Catholic because of certain beliefs in the Catholic church that I've only really found (that they all are) here, and which I strongly believe in. Like, other denominations might have some of the beliefs, but the Catholic church has all of them.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Why did you choose your denomination?

I'm a Protestant and I did not choose my denomination. Although my parents did play a part, I'm not sure if I they fully influenced it. I would have to say the reason for me being a Protestant would be because the church I went to since young was an AOG (Assembly of God) type of church.

Years
Username: ProfessorDex
Are you a Christian? Proudly so.
Denomination: Church of Christ

Challenges: The majority of my friends are non Christians, so sometimes I struggle to hold true to my beliefs around them. I often find myself cussing or laughing at innappropriate jokes, which makes me feel like a hypocrite. I've had struggles finding a church that fits me. Most of the time I feel treated like an outsider even months after starting attendance. Right now I don't belong to a church home.

The Void

hiiiii
Years
Username: Sapphire Dragon
Denomination: Non-denominational

I'd be glad to join!

What challenges do you face when identifying as a Christian?:

Being too silent about it around my peers. I don't mean constantly pushing it on them, but even bringing it up at all is definitely something I shouldn't worry about. I just dislike debating people so much, and you can't really tell who will be fine with it and who will try to pick at your faith because of it.

Yo Sapphire Dragon! Well the good news is, you don't have to worry much about bringing your faith up anymore. In this club, you are free to faithfully boast Jesus and his Word with us. About your peers though, just remember:

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

Hey,
someone suggested I come here so I did... not sure if I will fit in but I will try ;P
Username: Dodo Hunter
Are you Christian?: Depends who you ask? Technically I am Jewish but I understand other religions...
Denomination: I have no idea xD
Well... thanks?
-Dodo Hunter ^^

That's awesome. I've always held a certain fascination and respect for Judaism, and I've read a bit of the Tanakh myself. You're a wonderful addition; Judaism and Christianity are historically connected, yet so unique to each other that we'll definitely learn a lot from each other. Thanks for joining!

Wow. I'm praying for you right now, Anno! Don't lose faith, and nurture that seed that God has planted in you. Enjoy your stay here. :)

Username: Evanlyn
Are you Christian?: Most definitely!
Denomination: Catholic

I was born and raised Catholic, so that's one of the main reasons that I am a Catholic today. I made a decision to stay Catholic because of certain beliefs in the Catholic church that I've only really found (that they all are) here, and which I strongly believe in. Like, other denominations might have some of the beliefs, but the Catholic church has all of them.

Whoo for Catholics *fistbump*

Welcome Evanlyn! :D

Username: ProfessorDex
Are you a Christian? Proudly so.
Denomination: Church of Christ

Challenges: The majority of my friends are non Christians, so sometimes I struggle to hold true to my beliefs around them. I often find myself cussing or laughing at innappropriate jokes, which makes me feel like a hypocrite. I've had struggles finding a church that fits me. Most of the time I feel treated like an outsider even months after starting attendance. Right now I don't belong to a church home.

Hey there ProfessorDex. I like the fact that even through the tempests of secular peer pressure, you manage to stay firm and somehow committed to calling yourself a Christian. It is this faith to the Lord that I'm sure your Christianity will improve and be true to itself. God bless you, and I'll keep you in my prayers.

---

I'm a cradle Catholic, which means I was born and raised in the Catholic Church. I intend for it to remain that way: I've studied theology and canon law in pursuit of a deeper knowledge of God. I am an open-minded (but not liberal) person, however, and I take the liberty to explore and even experience (such as entering the temples of) other beliefs as well.

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
Years
I finally found it..
Username: AeHrYo
Denomination: Roman Catholic
What does Easter mean to you? the most important and most oldest festival of the Christian Church, celebrating the resurrection of Christ.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'd like to share something, if that's alright. Just this past Sunday I went back to church after being absent for years. The only times I went to church was during events such as Easter, funerals, and weddings. Heh, even the last time I went to church was during my late grandmother's funeral. When I returned to church (my friend wanted me to go with her, so I did), I did felt that I'm slowly reconnecting with God, and the Catholic spirit. I feel bad that I haven't gone to church not only to have a weekly talk with God, but to reconnect with the spirit of my grandmother. My local church likes to honor those that have passed, so I'm glad to see that many of the residents here are being honored.

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
Years
I'd like to share something, if that's alright. Just this past Sunday I went back to church after being absent for years. The only times I went to church was during events such as Easter, funerals, and weddings. Heh, even the last time I went to church was during my late grandmother's funeral. When I returned to church (my friend wanted me to go with her, so I did), I did felt that I'm slowly reconnecting with God, and the Catholic spirit. I feel bad that I haven't gone to church not only to have a weekly talk with God, but to reconnect with the spirit of my grandmother. My local church likes to honor those that have passed, so I'm glad to see that many of the residents here are being honored.

That's wonderful to hear! I find that, when I go to church, I feel like I'm definitely connecting with God and my late Grandfather.

It's awesome to hear that they like to honour those who have passed.

Years
Username: Cry of Lugia
Are you a Christian?: Yes
Denomination: Reformed Baptist (I sometimes attend services of the Episcopal Church in the Philippines.)

I chose to be a Reformed Baptist because...

1. ...I believe in the five solae of Reformed Christianity—sola Scriptura, sola fide, sola gratia, solus Christus, and soli Deo gloria.
  2. ...I believe in the doctrines of grace (TULIP)—total depravity, unconditional election, limited atonement, irresistible grace, and perseverance of the saints.
  3. ...I believe in believer's baptism.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Please do not revive threads after 30 days of inactivity. It is encouraged to make one of your own if you are still interested though! Any questions, you can always contact me. :)

Locked.~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back