• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Myserious Pokemon Badges: What are they?

Gyo

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2006
Hello Pokemon fans. I signed up to this forum with the hopes that someone out there would be able to help my brother and I discover the origins of two, very well made, pokemon badge replicas. You see, my brother was cleaning his room today when he happened upon his old pokemon collection. Along with dozens of other collectibles, he found the pair of aforementioned badges. He recalled that they were the thunder and rainbow badges, but has no idea where or when he purchased them. We would like to know how these replicas were sold (example: what would have been sold with them.) I would have attached photos of said badges if this forum would allow me to do so. Because of this, I will do my best to describe them.

They have a plastic face with a gold metal backing, with a safety pin so that they could be pinned to clothing item. They are approximately 2 cm in length, and bare a Nintendo copyright on the back, along with a bizarre matching series of letters "CGTSJ." If anyone has any information that would assist us in discovering the origins of these wonderful collectables, it would be much appreciated. Thank-you in advance.

-Gyo

Squeegee Beckenheim

SB - The Hunk (Since 2005)
Years
Well, these little badges are badges from the TCG league when Pokemon Trading Card Game was just starting out. They would have people you could battle to get a badge. Very interesting, and fun to think back to.

Unfortunately, this doesn't belong here. It would belong in Pokemon General since it is a general Pokemon question so I will ask that it be moved and closed or at least just moved.

Gyo

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2006
I appreciate your help, the hunk. Sorry for posting in the wrong thread, but you'll have to cut me a break, I am new here.

Although your explanation is good, there's one problem: neither I nor my brother have ever been to a pokemon Trading Card Game Tournament, so I can be certain that that is not where they came from. It's possible that they originally gave them away at Pokemon TCG Tournaments, but I think they must have mass produced them and packaged them with something else later on.

For that reason I suggest that this topic be allowed to stay open so that someone else may help my brother and I figure out where they are from.

-Gyo

Gyo

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2006
I was thinking of that too, but we didn't have an ebay account back then, nor did we have any friends/family that went to tournaments. I'm really starting to think that there may not be an answer for this... still, thanks for your input. If anyone has any other sugestions, I'd love to hear them!

-Gyo

Pierrot.

Pokémon Gainsboro and Rose.
Years
  • Age 117
  • Seen Nov 4, 2006
Those sound like the TCG badges to me.

I own two of them, and that description closely resembles what I own (or remember to have own, I haven't seen them in ages).

EDIT: These? If they're not, then you have a mystery.

Last edited:

Gyo

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2006
I saw those same badges on ebay before. Saddly, they are not the badges I own. Those ones (to me, at least) appear to be an image of the badge on a rectangular piece of plastic backed by the metal pin. My badges are the actual shape and size they would appear in the anime and on the video games. I really wish I could just post a link to the pictures I took, but the system wont allow me until I have 15+ posts. If this topic goes that far, I will post pictures then. Thanks for your help, but I don't think those are them.

-Gyo

Gyo

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2006
I really wish I could post the pictures. I think it would really speed things up, here. However, the board wont let me until I've made 15 posts, so I'll send them to you personally, Ascendancy. If anyone else is interested in seeing my brother's badges, please feel free to ask. I'd be more than happy to show you what these little mysteries look like.

-Gyo

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
Years
I really wanna know how those awesome badges look like!! awwwww... xD anyone kind enough to post a picture of it? :P

Celebi-

Ilex Forest Protector
Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2006
My guess is you got them when buying a pokemon game as they have "Nintendo copyright" on the back :p

Celebi-

Gyo

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2006
I was kind of thinking of that myself, but I don't recall them ever coming with any of the games. The only Pokemon games that my brother has ever purchased are Pokemon Yellow (with the Pokemon edition GameBoy) and Pokemon Gold. I myself own Pokemon Red and Pokemon Silver, yet I own no badges. This is really starting to bug me that no one else in the world seems to own these things. I swear I'm not making this up! *Sigh* If anyone has any information, please share!

-Gyo

Back