• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen B2W2 starter

Starter for B2W2

• The smug Snivy

Votes: 110 35.3%
  • The tough Tepig

Votes: 69 22.1%
  • The O-Adorable Oshawott

Votes: 133 42.6%

• Total voters

Ultimate Uchiha

Switchin' It Up
Years
I guess I'll try something new and go with Tepig since it's the one starter I still haven't used yet. I've heard more bad than good things about Tepig but I'll give it a try anyway.

playplayj

TheArchangle
Years
May I first of all just say Tepig is useless in my opinion with Darmanitan and Lucario easily accessible in this game, that being said I picked Snivy as Azumarill is easy to get and huge power is awesome :-)

Years
I don't really like any of the Gen. V starters, so I just picked Tepig and boxed it once I got to Sangi Ranch and caught a Mareep and Psyduck.

Eeohnex

Illuminate
Years
I don't like any of the Gen V starters, since their final evolution isn't as transcending compared to past generations. It's not going to matter which one I will pick since I'm planning on storing it as soon as I get access to the Day Care.

Going to breed my favorite starter; Totodile.

Years
Probably Oshawott, since in White there were barely any decent Water types.

If that's changed, then probably Snivy and dump it at first opportunity.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2016
Snivy all the way. I think Snivy is cool, and Superior is so elegant.

Years
Last time I went with Oshawott, this time I'll probably choose Tepig, but it really makes no difference since I don't like them anyway and last time I'd traded the Oshawott for something else on the GTS.

Birthday Thunder

Venus (Event Archivist)
Years
Snivy all the way. To me, he was a very reliable pokemon all around and by the time he became a serperior, he was my second most powerful party member.

Years
I kinda wanted to use an Oshawott since I used Tepig in White, but I want the Rival to have a Samurott. (Yes, I'm taking that into account, for some reason xD).
I'll end up picking Tepig, but I'll be putting it in the Box as soon as I catch a Growlithe.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I will probably let a random name generator pick since I am going to end up ditching any of them by the time I get Riolu at Sangi Ranch. Then when I get Magby and Elekid I will build on those two as well.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
OKAY I LIED. I picked Oshawott and ended up getting attached and have no plans to replace it. :( lol But I'm sure in future playthroughs, I'm going to be ditching my starters. I didn't like that I had a full team so soon in the game, so I'm going to be more picky the next time around.

Clucknadus

Tornadus Therian Form
Years
I chose Oshawott when I played my Black 2 ROM. I had originally chosen Tepig in White. Now, when I buy the actual White 2, I'm really not sure who I should choose. I know I haven't gone with Snivy yet, but I really don't care for Snivy.

Back