• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Choose a Superpower!

Utzipher

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 4, 2014
I've always thought it would be pretty cool if we lived in a world where it would be possible to have a special power of some-sort. If you could have any superpower, what would you choose and why? Would you use your power for the greater good or against society? Or would you keep it to yourself? Personally, I would choose the power of hydrokinesis - ability to control and manipulate water with my mind. Not sure if I would bring it out in the open, but if I was ever put in the position to have to use it, I would use it for a good cause: supply free drinking water to those in need, help with droughts, etc.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I would choose the superpower to move threads from OC&D to OVP beca- oh wait. This is more a poll than a discussion so I'll move it into the right section for you now. For future reference, please read this and feel free to PM me if you have further questions. :]

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
The ability to turn into an animal, but I can also mix and match the body parts so I can have the good qualities of certain creatures work together for me. example I can have the speed of a cheetah and the strength of an elephant.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
I'd like shamman/druide powers. Like to control nature, transform, etc. all that good stuff.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Good old flight. I don't think that could actually be used for good or evil to be honest, but it'd just be fun to fly around I guess haha.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Being able to turn into animals would be cool, I guess. Just you know for fun.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
Reality warping. I wouldn't have the creativity to actually warp reality completely and make it my personal utopia (mainly because I don't know what my utopia would even be), but there are limitless applications for this.

I could make a nine-course meal out of a slice of bread.

I could spawn a cage around a robber while the robbery is in progress (halfway across the world!), or even just turn his gun into a balloon animal!

I could meet my own needs and wants at the expense of no one. (Of course, I wouldn't be manipulating people's free will to meet particular needs or wants; that's just wrong.)

I could make corn and wheat grow in a barren desert, maybe solve world hunger. Purifying filthy drinking water in developing countries wouldn't hurt either.

I could understand why my dogs don't get along well with the new neighbors' dogs!

I could make the iPhone 10 and Samsung Galaxy S IX come out years early! The possibilities are endless!

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I've always wanted to clone myself like in the movies, so maybe if could just spawn more of me?

I have all these things I both need and want to do, but don't have the man power (and can't find "good help these days") to get it done efficiently. They usually get done, but several years later. I'm really tired of being a one man team all the time. T^T

So I want the ability to clone myself for the totally lame reason of getting more work done and finishing my projects sooner. Regular old self satisfaction. My only fear is that my clones'll start procrastinating or mutiny like in a Calvin and Hobbes story.

Years
I think my top choice would be time manipulation. I would be able to go back to the past or ahead to the future, I could freeze time or just slow it down. In all honesty, it wouldn't be the most helpful superpower to have (more self-serving than anything), but just like my second choice of invisibility, I think it would just be cool to have.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Shape shifting but like Ditto and turn into anything I want and manipulate their powers, that would be the best power, like all powers rolled in one.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Teleportation. Forget helping the world, though I would probably use if it helped me or a friend out for good or something. But otherwise it would allow me to visit wherever and whomever I pleased whenever I want to.

I would also save a lot on gas, and unlike flight would take little to no time at all.

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
Do Psychics count? If so, then yes, I would be one. But if I am only limited to one power, I would have telekinesis so I can lift things I feel too lazy to lift by myself lol

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 13, 2021
Teleportation. It has been a dream of mine to travel abroad. Unfortunately, travelling costs can be godly these days. To be able to teleport from one place to another for no cost would help fulfill my dream.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I wouldn't mind to take form of any object that I see - would be great for disguise. Also, probably some sort of safeguard to protect myself from any projectiles and to also send things flying off their feet. I would never use this sort of power for evil, either.

Back