• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Things are missing in Pokemon Essentials

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2013
Hello dear community,
I want to realize my dream and finally create my own pokemon game.
So I've downloaded the latest version of Pokemon Essentials and some things are immediately caught my eye.

It is a pity that there is no addon script which you can switch to full screen and the lack of support for gamepads, which had the RPG Maker originally.

I would be very grateful if someone could help me find a script which you can switch to full screen and you can use a gamepad.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
If RPG Maker XP has those things originally, then go have a look at the scripts that are part of a brand new RPG Maker XP project. I'm sure they're right there.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
Hello dear community,
I want to realize my dream and finally create my own pokemon game.
So I've downloaded the latest version of Pokemon Essentials and some things are immediately caught my eye.

It is a pity that there is no addon script which you can switch to full screen and the lack of support for gamepads, which had the RPG Maker originally.

I would be very grateful if someone could help me find a script which you can switch to full screen and you can use a gamepad.

You CAN go full screen by pressing ALT+ENTER. However, the support is pretty faulty as the screen sets to 64x480 and the game appears at whatever resolution it's set to on the top-left. The borders originally fixed this, but we voted the have them removed to to being ugly.

Admittedly, the lack of controller support has bothered me, if only because there's there's still an option for it in the F1 menu, but logic tells me that's hard coded into the executable, and thus can't be removed. I suppose XPadder would work, just be a bit less convenient.

One thing I don't like is the fact that it displays FPS when you press F2 in playtest/debug mode. I wish it could do it in the real executable.

I liked when it had Wiimote Support, though admittedly I couldn't really use it(I don't have a Bluetooth dongle), so I don't know how well it worked.

EDIT: On an added note, it's nice to see a new member post something in the right section for once.

Eternal Dreamer

Dreaming my way to the top!
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 4, 2012
Honestly, I was wondering if there was a way to decrease the screen size, in order to boost FPS.

Awkward Squirtle

,@,e .ºoO
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2016
Decreasing the screen size isn't going to boost your FPS by a noticeable amount. Essentials' screen size is already too small (which is why I'm fully behind Maruno's decision to increase it for the next release).

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2013
If RPG Maker XP has those things originally, then go have a look at the scripts that are part of a brand new RPG Maker XP project. I'm sure they're right there.

The problem is that the methods of the original scripts were rewritten in Essentials. My programming skills are unfortunately not good, so I asked for help.

You CAN go full screen by pressing ALT+ENTER. However, the support is pretty faulty as the screen sets to 64x480 and the game appears at whatever resolution it's set to on the top-left. The borders originally fixed this, but we voted the have them removed to to being ugly.

Admittedly, the lack of controller support has bothered me, if only because there's there's still an option for it in the F1 menu, but logic tells me that's hard coded into the executable, and thus can't be removed. I suppose XPadder would work, just be a bit less convenient.

One thing I don't like is the fact that it displays FPS when you press F2 in playtest/debug mode. I wish it could do it in the real executable.

I liked when it had Wiimote Support, though admittedly I couldn't really use it(I don't have a Bluetooth dongle), so I don't know how well it worked.

EDIT: On an added note, it's nice to see a new member post something in the right section for once.

It was not that hard to find the correct thread. :)

Xpadder could be a possibility, I'll try it. It would be nice if it is built right in the starter kit.
Is there a link for the full screen option? It's true that it does not look good when enlarged to much, but just to have a 640x480 window is a bit small.

Thank you for your help.

Edit: I found a tutorial on pokemonessentials.wikia, the fullscreen problem is solved.

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
For gamepad I recommend the program JoyToKey that mapped a gamepad for a keyboard
In the Alt+Enter option, someone knows how to make this command also put black bars (like a youtube video) on widescreen monitors?

Back