• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Be Afraid: The Pokemon Creepypastas Club

What Creepypasta should we start with???

• Pokemon Lost Silver

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Lavender Town Syndrome + Missing Frequencies

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Hypno's Lullaby

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • White Hand + Buried Alive

• Pokemon CreepyBlack

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
The Beast That Was Hidden -- The Unown That Discovered It
By Xyvar

I had just moved into a new house. It was a quite luxurious house at that, with furniture already inside it. I guess the previous owners left in a hurry.

I am a Pokémon player, if you haven't guessed by now. I have spent 94+ hours in obtaining 100% completion in my version of Pokémon Gold, along with 6 level 100 Pokémon. My dream was finally accomplished. I would soon need it… And much more.

Have I introduced myself? Of course not, my name is at the top, isn't it? I'm Xyvar, veteran Pokémon player, and victim to a gory, game breaching… Glitch? Hack? I'll never know.

But I will find the person who did this to me, and eradicate him… Someday.

When I was settling in to my new house, I noticed something in an air vent. It was small, rectangle-shaped, and black, resembling a Gameboy Color cartridge. I was instantaneously thrilled, as I recalled the end of the Pokémon Creepy Black creepypasta story. If you are not familiar with the story, the man who last possessed the game had actually lost it after he moved out of his house, leaving the game yet to be uncovered. "Wait a minute," I suddenly thought, "there is a very small chance that I would have moved into that specific house, right? And how do I even know this game exists?" Despite my doubts, I took off the air vent, and the game-like shape dropped to the floor. It had the distinct feelings of trepidation and ambiguity around it, but it sure enough was a Pokémon game. The picture on the front of the game was very detailed, almost as if Game Freak itself designed it.

It was entitled Pokémon Unown. The artwork consisted of 12 Unown Pokémon on the front, in a circular shape, surrounding a nebulous object… I couldn't straightforwardly tell you what it was at the time. Upon closer assessment, the cartridge was dark red, not black. I'm not really sure if that matters, but every detail counts -- at least to me. I decided to open the cartridge with my special screwdriver and interleave a new battery, just to be safe. However, when I opened the case and attempted to change the battery, I received an electrical shock. Don't ask me how, it didn't seem possible to me. Since it was a negligible shock, I tried again, this time receiving a larger shock and a good amount of pain. "Stupid," I thought to myself. "Idiot, you should have guessed." I just put the top back on, and started a new game.

When I first turned it on, it had the Pokémon Crystal opening. Makes sense if you think about it, because in that version of the game, the opening consists mostly of numerous Unown flashing around the screen. To answer the question you've probably been asking, yes, there was a save file, but it was tarnished. I had to start a fresh game, of course.

It was a perfect copy of Pokémon Gold as far as I was concerned. I selected Cyndaquil as my starting Pokémon, as he is the Pokémon who has an advantage over the majority of the Gym Leaders. I knew it was a Pokémon Gold circuit board because I kept finding Growlithe everywhere, but no Ledyba. This was odd, considering it had the Pokémon Crystal opening. I was beginning to get bushed with this game, because I have already been through this in my original Pokémon Gold. Because of this, I shut the game off, and started to watch YouTube.

As I was browsing through some 2nd Generation Pokémon Speedruns, I stumbled upon a video entitled "How to Catch a Level 79 Celebi in the Ruins of Alph." It greatly interested me, and even though I was almost positive it was achieved through hacks and clever editing, I decided it was worth a shot. It was also around this time that I found a Save File Transfer Hack, and I was greatly thrilled at this.

After copying my Pokémon in Pokémon Gold, I completed the Save File Transfer Hack to Pokémon Unown, even though I didn't have all of the badges. That's why I proceeded to win the 8 badges of the game. It took 2 ½ hours to do so, and all of the time, I was just itching to catch Celebi, or to try, anyway.

After I got the badges, it was go time. I flew to Violet City, expecting nothing different. But the town had a certain eminence of weariness. Since I was sure it was just me, I continued along my way. But sure enough, when I got to the entrance to the cave, things were defiantly different.

The trees, for one thing, were a light brown, tan even, and leaning away from the cave. The two men inside the building were lying on the floor with some blood on the ground. Despite this, I entered the cave into the Ruins of Alph. I was at this point expecting something out of a nightmare, like blood on the floor, walls and ceiling, or something like that. What I found was a normal Ruins of Alph. A normal and familiar territory. "Oh well," I thought, "guess I'll continue with the trick."

The trick isn't really a trick. You are just supposed to walk 4 steps left, 2 steps left, and 6 steps up. After this, you would encounter a level 79 Celebi. On the 3rd step, I ensued in a battle with an Unown. Instead of the textbox saying, "Wild Unown appeared!," the Pokémon stated,

"Release him."

Then it fled.

I was mystified as to what this could mean. However, I continued with the trick. On the 2nd step up, I encountered another wild Unown. Just like the preceding Pokémon, this one also declared,

"Release him."

It too then fled.

This happened three more times. As a consequence, I started thinking about any type of Pokémon that are in any way trapped or constricted. Lugia and Ho-oh were the first to enter my mind. Since I had both in my Pokémon Gold, but didn't bring Lugia over via the Save File Transfer Hack, I assumed they must be talking about Ho-oh. "Huh," I thought exquisitely, "I guess I should put Ho-oh back in Pokémon Gold to make the game think that I released him. I was one step away from the ladder when I encountered another Unown. This one declared

"You have captured him. Release him at once. We need him. Here is what will happen if you do not do as instructed."

Forthcoming this, my Pokémon Gold sprite, you know, the one with one arm on his hip and one arm hanging down? Yeah, that one. Well, that picture appeared on the screen. Then 1 and ¾ of a second later, my sprite took the shape of a piled, bloody heap. I didn't find it disgusting, since it was only a Gameboy Color screen, but I got the idea.

"You have been warned," the text said under the bloody mass.

I reached the ladder with no further difficulty, only to make me want to step back inside.

The sky was a light red. There was a thunderstorm as well. But the worst part was not the sky or the rain, but the Unown. They were killing all of the NPC players in sight, flattening mountains, and crushing buildings, forming otherwise inaccessible paths. I myself had to try to dodge them in order to stay alive.

After I saw about 7 minutes of this, I just turned my Gameboy off. I didn't save, I just turned it off.

After two days, I decided to play the game again, just to put the nightmares to rest. As expected, the Gameboy picked up exactly where it left off when I turned it on. Everything was peaceful again, except all of the NPC sprites were gone. Dead, of course, as you should know. Then it occurred to me, "I can't heal my Pokémon, can I?" Sure enough, the Nurse Joy of Violet City was gone. "That's ok though, I can just use Potions and Elixirs." Since the only place I knew where to get both was in the Indigo Plateau, I decided to stock up on them now, as I felt the strong urge to do so. I flew there just in time to realize, "Oh wait, everyone's dead. Dang it! No one will be able to sell them to me!"

Then I felt a strong push to go and defeat the Elite 4. "No," I thought cautiously, "I can't waste health and power points on something like that. On the other hand though, maybe it will fix this mess. Since I'm practically invincible, I should be able to do this."

I pondered this for a long time, maybe 10 only minutes, but it seemed like 1 hour at the time. You know what I mean, right? You're trying to make a decision about something in a video game, and it takes forever. But I digress.

I finally decided to do it. I mean, what did I have to lose? I was undefeatable. My Pokémon levels were 600 in sum. I could take whatever came at me… Right?

I entered the first chamber with confidence, ready to fight, determined to win. The room itself didn't appear abnormal in any way. Feeling even better than before, I talked to Will, the first of the 4. His message stated

It's your fault he's dead… Why didn't you do as they asked?!

I was more surprised than I should have been.

Immediately after this, the textbox declared,

"Enraged Will wants to battle."

His sprite appeared angrier than usual. It seemed, also, as if it contained a miserable suffering trait, along with vengeance. To add to that, instead of sending out his customary Pokémon, Will sent out five Unown. These Pokémon were slightly bloody, and their one eye appeared to be sagging. "Whose blood is this," I inquisitively asked myself. I really had no idea, though I should have. Remember the NPCs that were killed earlier? It was probably their blood. However, they were still normally leveled, so I took them out without any difficulty.

Will's sprite then stated,

"My life was short, but to the point."

I, without even knowing, knew what would come next.

The next textbox then declared,

"Typhlosion used Cut!"

Will was now sliced in half, one piece on the brick, and one piece sliding across the ice. The blood wasn't plentiful, as you might have thought it was. Since know I knew what would happen, I proceeded forward.

Next was Koga. His pre-battle phase was

"First you kill him, now Will? You will reimburse his death with yours!

Koga was introduced as Enraged Koga, just like Will. Also, he had Unowns instead of his original Pokémon. They were the same level, the same graphics, and they had the same sagging eye in the middle.

Koga's Death Phrase, as I like to call it, stated this:

"I'm sorry Will… I too shall join you!"

"Typhlosion used Strength!"

This time, a boulder fell on Koga's body. You could hear bones crunching, but no blood appeared.

The third was Bruno, as you know. His introduction was a warm, affectionate,

"Fool! What have you done?!"

Same circumstances, same defeat. His Death Phrase was short and to the point:

"Just kill me."

The third move on my Typhlosion's roster was Fire Blast.

A scream filled the room. First there was Bruno… Then there was ash. No blood again.

The fourth and final was Karen. Her Pokémon were the same as all of the rest. So was her defeat.

Before she died, Karen stated, "Behind this door is something you could not fathom in a Pokémon game. Something you do not want to tamper with. Something best left alone…

"Typhlosion used Earthquake!"

No, scream, just a resounding,

"Don't do it!"

Then the earth closed up, flattening Karen to a paper-sized shape.

"Sayonara, deceiver."

I entered the last chamber, fearful, yet confidante of what lay ahead.

So you guys have probably been wondering, "Where is all the blood?" Well, it was here, in this chamber. I mean, it was everywhere, on the floor, on the ceiling, and on the walls. When you walked, you could hear the splash of your foot. Also, it was slowly creeping off of the walls, and dripping from the ceiling.

On top of that, all of the dismembered and decapitated bodies from the Ruins of Alph were here. In some spots, they were piled as high as the pictures on the walls, which is right near the ceiling.

But this wasn't the half of it. About 12 steps ahead or so, you could see the object that was referred to as "him" throughout the game. It was Lance -- or whatever was left of him. He was cut into 7 pieces or so, and was lying on the ground, head intact. Next to him was an Unown sprite. I angrily went up and talked to it.

"So, you have come this far," it stated, "did you do as we asked?"

A Yes/No option appeared. Even though I should have pressed "Yes" just to end this lunacy, I clicked no.

"Insolent fool. Didn't you head the warning in the Ruins of Alph? Ah, but it is alright, as I have taken the liberty to release him myself."

I lunged forward in my seat, ready to pound this "insolent fool."

I suddenly thought to myself, "How does this Pokémon know another Pokémon even exists? It's not like he's self-aware… Right?"

"I'll explain," the Unown sprite declared, as if he read my thoughts, "Our self-aware minds were produced by a virus, presumably by the last person who lived at this house. We will never know if it was an accident or not, all we know is that it happened. He also created a legendary beast, locked away, never to be released but only to him… Until today.

"We found out that the key to open the door that locks this powerful beast just so happens to be Sacred Fire, as only that move is scorching enough to melt the iron we couldn't otherwise penetrate. That is why -- ah, here is our guess now."

I soon saw what he meant. Tow Unown figures were dragging a Ho-oh sprite -- my Ho-oh sprite.

Then the five of us went to the room where you would normally go if you defeat Lance, but instead turned left. As you could have guessed, I had no control over where I was going, or I would have bolted out of there in a second.

After five minutes or so, we reached a door. This door was highly detailed, almost as if it came from a game system that didn't exist at that time. The Unown then demanded,

"Make Ho-oh use Sacred Fire. Now!"

The "Fight" option then appeared onto the screen. As a desperate attempt, I tried Fire Blast instead of Sacred Fire.

"Why you little--," said the Unown sprite. "This should teach you something."

He then cut off my sprite's left arm. It dropped to the ground in a splatter of blood.

Seeing as I had no choice but to open the door, I selected Sacred Fire. The iron then melted, opening the door.

A grow emerged from the door, as vivid as the Gameboy speakers would allow. Then a stomp. The Unown figure then made a cruel statement:

"I have no use for you, but rather than kill you, myself, I will let the beast take care of you!"

I was forced to go through the newly opened door.

This creature… This monster… Was nothing like any Pokémon. I to this day cannot describe the shape of this beast, nor my feeling when I first encountered it. Pure fear. That's it, that's what it was, pure fear. The best I can describe this mutated ogre was that it was big, powerful, and sad… Very sad. In 30 seconds, I saw just how powerful it was… It was level 873. It had massive HP, but it's most deadly element was the one move it had.

Kill.

It never missed. I was doomed to lose this battle. However, when my other six Pokémon had been defeated, Ho-oh jumped in and fought as a 7th Pokémon. Since I knew I couldn't stand a chance against this beast with a level 40 Pokémon, I decided to try something.

I had a black belt in my pack, so equipping that with my Ho-oh, I hoped that he wouldn't die when he was attacked.

He did.

"Well done," declared the Unown.

Then the beast used Kill one last time. I had failed.

To this day I call the beast Gunown, a cross between Pokémon Gold and Unown, and to this day, I plan to find this beast once again... And defeat it.

To Be Continued…

Last edited:

lucariokul

Illusions surround me. Help...
Years
That goes the same lines as the Hypno's Lullaby Creepypasta story. It seems too detailed, but I like it. (shivers, sips hot chocolate)

lucariokul

Years
You should consider joining. You are a rather talented author for a human.
Rua: (Shivers, rocks back and forth in chair)
Great. Now Rua will have night terrors. No sleep for anyone in this island tonight.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
Thank you. I hope that once I graduate I can become better :). But what is there to join, I am already a member of this site.

Star11Pika

Don't just look at the stars, be one c:
Years
so Xyver I am definitely gonna read that!
It just looks so good but google translate is a little bit messed up so I need to wait with reading till I found another translate site for the words I don't understand.
EDIT: :OOOOOO
Amazing I wanna read more of it!!!
You are a great writer!!

Last edited:

1creepypasta

Master Bacon
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 22, 2014
Hey there, I would like to sign up for this club!

Sign-up Form
Username:1creepypasta
How active you are: I'm on almost every other day...
Partner Pokémon (Mega-Evolutions accepted, no more than two): Espeon
Favourite Creepypasta: White Hand

Reply Soon! :D

lucariokul

Years
Welcome to the club! I have set your partner to espeon. If you want a shiny espeon as your partner, let me know. Please discuss away! Current topic:
Why do you like creepypastas?

1creepypasta

Master Bacon
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 22, 2014
I just like creepypastas because ever since I was younger (9-10) I have read them. They always send a chill up my spine, and I LOVED the feeling of erm, REALNESS, that seemed to stay with the stories.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
I like them cause to me they are not scary. Screamers on videos are not scary either. I am, however, scared of heights X) Which pasta we doing? we have a tie.

lucariokul

Years
All right, the poll is done in an hour or two. The current leaders are:
Lavender Town Syndrome + Missing Frequencies
Pokémon LostSilver.
The first person to post after this will decided what pasta wins.
Enjoy...

lucariokul

Years
ohh. Sorry! But someone voted up lavender town, and lavender town is the winner!
Lets start.
Do you believe the Story Of Lavender Town Syndrome, where people listening to the Pokémon green LT music, people had seizures?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Do you believe the story of Lavender Town Syndrome, where people listening to the Pokémon Green LT music, people had seizures?
I believe it's a made-up story, so I have to say no, unfortunately. It is quite interesting, though, and used to think about it a lot when I first read it. :P

lucariokul

Years
Agreed and one version of the story lists that internal haemorrhaging (idk how to spell it) was a symptom. Really? Internal organ scarring? Rubbish?

lucariokul

Years
But lets still discuss it before we do Lost Silver, this topic also carries the story of the Missing Frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back