• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Timeline

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
They never hint, every gen and remake Pokémon does a recon of the previous generation/ original versions. Though Juniper (F) did mention something about the number of Pokemon, and how they are many they don't yet know about but don't they usually say that.

Michimo

Princess Spectacular
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
Hahaha, it seems like we weren't the only ones with the same question so no worries!

Ermagsjhsk. OOPS. My fault, but yes, NO WORRIES.

I wonder why in B2W2 there are no hints at a foreign region or new pokemon...

Can we consider the fact that the last three male protagonists all look related as a hint? -brick'd- Well, I'd say that because N kinda disappeared could be a kinda hint? If he did go to wherever XY take place... But we don't know where that is yet, epically in regards to every other region, so weak reasoning is weak.

They never hint, every gen and remake Pokémon does a recon of the previous generation/ original versions.

I thought that there were a ton of hints in RSE games to the FR/LG remakes, but maybe that's just me.

Last edited:

Raichupacabra

Villain
Years
Let's say that 0 is the year Kyogre and Groudon battled.

0 - Generations I, III, and Pokemon Colosseum took place.

3 - Generations II and IV took place

5 - The events of Pokemon XD took place

circa 13 - The events of Pokemon Black and White took place

circa 15 - The events of Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 took place

I really hope that the games take place after B2W2 so there will be less confusion and so things will be organized.

Sirius

Wrong Thread.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 22, 2013
I have a feeling it'll be around the time of BW2 or a little bit after it. Reason I say that is because Gens 1 and 3 were happening at the same time and then Gens 2 and 4 were going on at the same time. So it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if this was on-going with Gen 5 or just barely after it.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Ermagsjhsk. OOPS. My fault, but yes, NO WORRIES.

Well I mean you said it was your fault.... :cheeky:

Can we consider the fact that the last three male protagonists all look related as a hint? -brick'd- Well, I'd say that because N kinda disappeared could be a kinda hint? If he did go to wherever XY take place... But we don't know where that is yet, epically in regards to every other region, so weak reasoning is weak.

I thought that there were a ton of hints in RSE games to the FR/LG remakes, but maybe that's just me.

There really is a strong resemblance between Hilbert and this new protagonist; something worth looking at. I do like the concept of N going to this new region inbetween BW and B2W2

Michimo

Princess Spectacular
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
That's why I feel that these games could easily slide right into the Gen. V two year time gap.

I don't want to mention the consistency of timelines happening in pairs, (I & III, II & IV) because BW2 and XY kinda blew away most of the speculation consistency for the games... but that still means that Gen. VI could be happening at the same time as either of the Gen. V games

There really is a strong resemblance between Hilbert and this new protagonist; something worth looking at.

This could be taken as a hint that XY happens in the future, after BW2, but maybe it's just a coincidence.

Last edited:

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
The Original PokeDex entry for Mew say it was found in South America, but as you know, Pokemon has stoped using real-world places in-universe.

What if this is the country where Mew was discovered? Then, the scientists take mew to Cinibar Island to create Mewtwo.

It could be a WiFi download Event like the Celibi Time Travel Battle in HGSS.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hm... if I'm thinking about a timeline... these new games could actually take place a few years after the events in Pokémon Black Version 2 and White Version 2. But I'm quite unsure about the timeline for previous generations, though I know Black 2 and White 2 took place 2 years after the events in Black and White, and Gold/Silver/Crystal took place 3 years after Red/Green/Blue/Yellow.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
This could be taken as a hint that XY happens in the future, after BW2, but maybe it's just a coincidence.

I really hope the resemblance isn't due to GF being lazy with the design. It seems like we might be able to customize our characters regardless so we'll see about that

Michimo

Princess Spectacular
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
I really hope the resemblance isn't due to GF being lazy with the design. It seems like we might be able to customize our characters regardless so we'll see about that

Ugh, I really hope they're not being lazy... That would be disappointing, considering that the whole game is in 3D and that graphic appeal already takes time... It would be a bit of a cop-out.

But about customization, I wonder how far that feature will actually be taken to. Actually, I doubt a Pokemon game- especially in the main series- will ever give the player full customization over the hero character but, I'm okay with that.

I derailed, I'm sorry again.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Afaik, RSE really don't have a specific place at the moment; I don't see any hints really connecting the two(the whole Sevii plot could've simply been used to retcon the two regions mostly imo, like the whole time machine stuff in other games).

I actually pictured RSE fit somewhere between BW and B2W2 personally because there is no reference to Team Aqua/Magma's actions in the first games. They reference Galactic/Rocket(with that Team Rocket guy showing up Icirrus City) while 2 members of Aqua/Magma do show up in B2W2 in that house and the way they worded things makes it seem like what they did wasn't that long ago. What makes that even more confusing is Steven's appearance and what he says in HGSS where talks to you after the Lati event.

On topic more, Gen VI looks like it would be somewhere in the not too distant future imo.

But about customization, I wonder how far that feature will actually be taken to. Actually, I doubt a Pokemon game- especially in the main series- will ever give the player full customization over the hero character but, I'm okay with that.
[/SIZE]

Not to stray too far off again, but they could if they wanted. All they'd need to do is leave 2 defaults as the protagonists who'd represent the region.

Michimo

Princess Spectacular
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
Afaik, RSE really don't have a specific place at the moment; I don't see any hints really connecting the two(the whole Sevii plot could've simply been used to retcon the two regions mostly imo, like the whole time machine stuff in other games).

Actually, because FR/LG and RSE are both Gen. III the games hint at the events taking place simutaneously. I can't think of an example off the top of my head, but I remember there were definitely a few in the games. (And because FR/LG are remakes, this links the events of Gen. I and Gen. III, as far as my understanding goes.)

Not to stray too far off again, but they could if they wanted. All they'd need to do is leave 2 defaults as the protagonists who'd represent the region.

Yes, that's true but, for me, the concept seems more likely in a spin off game at most. -insert opinion that doesn't belong in this thread explaining why-

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I do remember some distinct Gen 2 hints in Diamond & Pearl. I mean, even Jasmine was in it.

Ugh, I really hope they're not being lazy... That would be disappointing, considering that the whole game is in 3D and that graphic appeal already takes time... It would be a bit of a cop-out.

I derailed, I'm sorry again.

This time I'm to blame

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Actually, because FR/LG and RSE are both Gen. III the games hint at the events taking place simutaneously. I can't think of an example off the top of my head, but I remember there were definitely a few in the games. (And because FR/LG are remakes, this links the events of Gen. I and Gen. III, as far as my understanding goes.)

Did you read further than the first couple sentences? There are just as many things that oppose the idea of them happening at the same time as Gen I(although I still don't recall many, if any, 'for's).

Remakes do not necessarily link to the new gens in the way you think because they could just be retconned so you are allowed to trade(like how time machines work in other games in the series; also, how else were you gonna get Gen I and II pokes?); They simply replace the originals in the timeline, with the added mechanics of later gens, which further shows that them being placed in the same gen does not mean that is proof of them happening together.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Copied straight from Bulbapedia.

"Details in the Hoenn- and Kanto-based games hint that the storyline of Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald is contemporaneous with that of FireRed and LeafGreen (and due to this, contemporaneous with Generation I as well), placing Generation III three years before Generation II and Generation IV, themselves contemporaneous."

and back on topic, I'm with either XY happening in between BW and B2W2, or shortly after B2W2 .

Michimo

Princess Spectacular
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
I do remember some distinct Gen 2 hints in Diamond & Pearl. I mean, even Jasmine was in it.

Actually, having Jasmine hanging around on the shore in Sunyshore City is when I first noticed that the Pokemon games were conncented further than just the in-game three year gap between Kanto and Johto.

It's really difficult spotting hints and shout-outs in Pokemon games anyway, really anything could be taken as a hint.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Copied straight from Bulbapedia.

"Details in the Hoenn- and Kanto-based games hint that the storyline of Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald is contemporaneous with that of FireRed and LeafGreen (and due to this, contemporaneous with Generation I as well), placing Generation III three years before Generation II and Generation IV, themselves contemporaneous."

Please elaborate further then. Anyone can simply say "There are hints. The end".

and back on topic, I'm with either XY happening in between BW and B2W2, or shortly after B2W2 .

I somewhat agree but it's kind of early to tell still.

It's really difficult spotting hints and shout-outs in Pokemon games anyway, really anything could be taken as a hint.

Could it be simply grasping at straws then when it comes to RSE? Afaik, there is almost nothing solid to go by on to give them a specific place(not even the Sevii plot), except the grunts appearing in B2W2 and talking about the events as if they happened in the not too distant past(even then, they could have just left the teams early for all we know).

Last edited:

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Please elaborate further then.

Shouldn't the fact that you can easily trade Hoenn pokemon to FR/LG imply that it's occurring at the same time? You can even battle your friend if he has FireRed and I got Ruby.

No time machine was needed ala Gen 1 and Gen 2. In fact, I'll take it a step further and point out that HGSS and D/P/Pt ALSO allowed trades between each other, AND battles. Generation 4 of course having a plethora of hints for Johto/Gen 2.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Shouldn't the fact that you can easily trade Hoenn pokemon to FR/LG imply that it's occurring at the same time? You can even battle your friend if he has FireRed and I got Ruby.

That could've just been retconning them further(why allow direct trade if you can't battle). Can't you also battle someone in Black 2/White 2 if you have Black/White, minus any new forms?(correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't paid as much attention to it; even though they are same gen, one is further in the future) Having said that, being able to battle doesn't necessarily mean much in this case and goes back to my first sentence.

I'm still curious as to where those hints are. ;)

No time machine was needed ala Gen 1 and Gen 2. In fact, I'll take it a step further and point out that HGSS and D/P/Pt ALSO allowed trades between each other, AND battles. Generation 4 of course having a plethora of hints for Johto/Gen 2.

Those two sets of games have more of a solid indication that they could be happening together. Does that alone justify that the other two regions(before Unova) have to fall in the same line?

Michimo

Princess Spectacular
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
Could it be simply grasping at straws then when it comes to RSE? Afaik, there is almost nothing solid to go by on to give them a specific place(not even the Sevii plot), except the grunts appearing in B2W2 and talking about the events as if they happened in the not too distant past(even then, they could have just left the teams early for all we know).

What about the introduction of steel types? I guess this could be considered more of a "headcanon" reason for placing RSE with RBG but even though Steel type was introduced in Gen. II, they were all dual types. Where Gen. III introduced the first pure steel types. I think it's safe to say it would be much easier to discover a new pokemon with a new type than finding out an old pokemon has a second type. Placing RSE on the timeline before GSC.

Back