• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digimon World Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2017
names

in your game are u going to use the same names as in the english version or are u going to use the originals

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
in your game are u going to use the same names as in the english version or are u going to use the originals

Yes I intend to use the English name, being that's what most people that've played Digimon on this form are probably more familar with those names ;)

Neat project, I would definitely play this

Thank you Very much.

Hey F.M.P. this game looks awesome!
Are you going to incorporate the digimon breeding system like in Dawn and Dusk?

Thank you. I'm not sure If we'll call it a Digimon Breeding system of sorts, but we'll be applying something close to the concept ;)

megadude33

I'm the Alpha Omega baby
Years
  • Age 30
  • ???
  • Seen Jun 27, 2009
Hey so I have a question; Since your using Isometric tiles is the game going to be 8 way movement? I know it might be hard to script something like that, with it also having an 8 way charset, and it not needing and SDK.

~megadude33

Aelous

Pokemon Kid
Years
The following will be a random post pertaining to the game:
please try to add Strabimon lol (he's one of my favorite digimon...)

<~F.M.P~>

Years
Hey so I have a question; Since your using Isometric tiles is the game going to be 8 way movement? I know it might be hard to script something like that, with it also having an 8 way charset, and it not needing and SDK.

~megadude33

lol That's a good question, as a matter of fact there's a small demo vid below so you can see how it looks, and yes This one's without a Starter Kit ;)

The following will be a random post pertaining to the game:
please try to add Strabimon lol (he's one of my favorite digimon...)

Straimon huh? I'll look into that one lol. If you all want to see a certain Digimon in the game that wasn't in the Official DS vesions, please just leave a comment and I'll look back on them when I have free time and see which ones I'll add in.

It looks nice.

I don't like Digimon, but this looks cool.

Thank you BlazingLink ;)

Here's the Video of the Isometric 8 way script, I'll have to change a few things so everything's properly aligned with the maps though, but I'll get to that a bit later ;)

megadude33

I'm the Alpha Omega baby
Years
  • Age 30
  • ???
  • Seen Jun 27, 2009
ohh wow that looks real awesome, ohh I don't know if you noticed but you are walking on some of the buildings, also are those leaves that are falling from the sky?

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Wow awesome, i like this script, and the game looks like DS game what i playing its amazing.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
The video looks great. I love the overlay of the leafs blowing, adds a really nice effect.
Another thing I noticed was the water effects- another thing that looks great.

emissary

Taboo's follower
Years
Wow that is awesome FMP, love the weather effects. So I know that the male and female heroes both have different storylines and different digimon we've seen the male hero's digimon, So I was wondering if you guy's have created the female hero's digimon yet?

~emissary

<~F.M.P~>

Years
ohh wow that looks real awesome, ohh I don't know if you noticed but you are walking on some of the buildings, also are those leaves that are falling from the sky?

Thank you very much Megadude, and Yeah I noticed lol. I forgot to mention not to worry about that because It's a passibility issue I haven't made the buildings unpassable quite yet lol, and Yes those are leaves...you'll be seeing more season changes happen in and out also ;)

Wow awesome, i like this script, and the game looks like DS game what i playing its amazing.

Thank you Venom.

The video looks great. I love the overlay of the leafs blowing, adds a really nice effect.
Another thing I noticed was the water effects- another thing that looks great.

Thank you very much Neo lol, I'm glad you like it.

Wow that is awesome FMP, love the weather effects. So I know that the male and female heroes both have different storylines and different digimon we've seen the male hero's digimon, So I was wondering if you guy's have created the female hero's digimon yet?

~emissary

Ohhh speaking of which. Ryu just sent me the Concept art that Shady Pen pen made for the Females Digimon, I got the New best friends sprites from Sakagami and I'm now working on the Gender selection script, so I think the update will be full this time round ;)

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2012
I like the look of video above and the custom tile look nice in there.

could you add raidramon and some of the season 4 hybrids?

mulch_ar

What should I type here?
Years
Great preview there, FMP. The falling leaves make it cooler. But I think there's something wrong on 0:21. Can't wait for the beta, Keep up the good work!

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
just for anything i want to say you shouldn't add any of the hybrids because i never really understood them people truning into digimon was not a good idea. Anyway a digimon i will be sad to not see in this would be phoenixmon as it was always a favorite of mine (he was in the ds games but i just wanted to mention him so that you wouldn't take him out for something else).

phoenix456

Rising from the ashes
Years
Wow FMP I like the vid, the leaves effect looks awesome. I can't wait to see the female digimon partner.

<~F.M.P~>

Years
I like the look of video above and the custom tile look nice in there.

could you add raidramon and some of the season 4 hybrids?

Thanks Omnimon...Raidramon's a definite possibility, but I'm not to sure about the Hybrids...Kids turning into Digimon freaks me out a bit 0_o I've never been able to understand why or how that could happen.

Great preview there, FMP. The falling leaves make it cooler. But I think there's something wrong on 0:21. Can't wait for the beta, Keep up the good work!

Thanks there Mulch, and lol Yeah that's the passibility error I didn't have fixed before the vid...I've taken care of it now though ;)

just for anything i want to say you shouldn't add any of the hybrids because i never really understood them people truning into digimon was not a good idea. Anyway a digimon i will be sad to not see in this would be phoenixmon as it was always a favorite of mine (he was in the ds games but i just wanted to mention him so that you wouldn't take him out for something else).

I'm not to sure I'll add them in anyway, unless I can find a really good...and I mean REALLY good way to put them into the storyline...Don't worry I don't plan on getting rid of any of the official Digimon sprites, but I do plan on adding in many more before the final release of this game.

Wow FMP I like the vid, the leaves effect looks awesome. I can't wait to see the female digimon partner.

Thank you very much Phoenix. I have to tell you, the Females partner looks amazing...I was take aback when I got hold of the Picture.

That looks great, hope to see more stuff like that

Thank you very much ;)

Just so everyone knows my grounds as to where I'm at right now. I've just finished making the Character selection script today, I'm now working on new maps, events, and the Digivolution script. I also plan on having a Demo released on the Day of the update when we reach the Digital world in the Updates so Everyone can get a small taste of what we've been trully running with and how the gameplay feels.

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 25, 2019
The video was just amazing the leafs falling down
was a great effect anticipating the release of
this keep up the great work and good luck

phoenix456

Rising from the ashes
Years
Thank you very much ;)

Just so everyone knows my grounds as to where I'm at right now. I've just finished making the Character selection script today, I'm now working on new maps, events, and the Digivolution script. I also plan on having a Demo released on the Day of the update when we reach the Digital world in the Updates so Everyone can get a small taste of what we've been trully running with and how the gameplay feels.

Great to hear FMP I can't wait to see the character selection script and the digivolution script, and the demo is coming out when you get to the digital world update, I just can't wait. :D

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
woot can't wait for the demo. that deserves a blooooop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back