• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Youkai Academy [OOC/SU][T]

Khawill

<3
Years
I somewhat interacted, sorta. I was thinking, "Hey, all that intense workout, low sleep, use of powers, and so many people he had to meet. It's only so much one idiot can handle." Then I also thought, "He hasn't had anything to drink in about two days either, a little dehydration is in order." I enjoy using reality on my own time!

Years
Allister is on the way, but I have to wait for machomuu's interaction with geras :)
Don't worry so much about the pace, I think most of us are okay with it aren't we? I certainly am.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Back from the dead, DeLaMuerte! (And very likely going to die down again pretty soon)

I suggest that everyone who was going to join the battle is on their way to Oz now. This is taking way too long :/
I feel this is somehow my fault... ;_;

Allister is on the way, but I have to wait for machomuu's interaction with geras :)
Don't worry so much about the pace, I think most of us are okay with it aren't we? I certainly am.
I'm pretty slow in my opinion. I used to post more often on the community as a whole, now, well, here I am. Speaking of which, on to posting!

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
A thought just occurred to me. & yes, I can think. Youkai can smell pretty well. Their noses smell well, & they can smell blood too. They can also tell what Human blood smells, but it is only that: a smell. Could you really tell that that person is a Human just by a smell? Witches & I think Wizards too are Half-Human Half-Youkai. I can't remember if they have half Human blood in them. In any case, could it be possible that you might think Tak could be Human, or just a Wizard even though he lacks the clothing? If I were the Youkai smelling Human Blood, I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that he's/she's a human. I might find the smell almost like a human, but it is just that of a claim.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
That doesn't really make much sense, when you think about it; the notion of youkai as a whole being able to smell blood thing. It really seems like we're going back to the whole "youkai are a species" mentality. It'd be astounding if, among the millions of youkai species, each and everyone of them could smell blood and, even more astoundingly, could distinguish between human blood and only human blood from any other ambiguous source. It just seems rather strange since around 50-90% of youkai are unrelated as a species and, as such, each and every one of them sharing such a trait while few animals or humans, from which various youkai are derived or created, cannot. Plus, in terms of adaptation, there's very little practical reason for most youkai to be able to have such a honed sense of smell, especially where blood is concerned.

But Witches and Wizards/Mages aren't always human. According to the R&V wiki, which I am assuming is a basis dependable basis for all of this, they contain similarities, and thus it is speculated that they may be a human subspecies, but nothing is verified as of yet.

In terms of real life lore, it varies between locales, but for the most part (at least, in terms of popular culture) witches are split up into those born with magic capabilities (those who are not human), and those who are human and are capable of magic (in other words, the magic is accessible to all). Now, there can be half-breeds, as I assume humans can fertilize witches (due to the supposed similarities), in terms of the former.

Still, I don't think that witches or wizards/mages, at least in terms of Youkai Academy, are human in any way, unless they are mixed by some means (human father and magic mother, or vice versa). This is pretty much speculation, since it's Sapphire's RP, but I'm just saiyan.

...Man, I've been watching too much Dragon Ball -.-

Oh, and my post will be up tomorrow, I don't have the drive to write it tonight, sorry for the delay.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
ShinyDiamond&Machomuu- There are only a few Youkai species able to smell blood and/or meat but this ability works together with their personal experiences. For example: Nami was able to "smell" Takumi and eventually find out he was human because she was surrounded by the smell of human blood for a few years. Now take Solo, he wouldn't be able to smell Takumi's body smell because he hid away from humans most of the time (no buts wolfy). But if you take Yorick… I don't remember we but he lived among the humans right? Yorick would be able to identify Takumi's body smell.

Not every Youkai can smell blood or body stench. The Youkai that can do this are the Vampires, Werewolves and Lycans.

Now as for the mages and witches, they don't have human blood. Why? Because they are a Youkai too, they are not human because they use magic and are harder to kill than normal humans as well. I don't have a good explanation for this but a Witch or Mage having human blood wouldn't make sense because they technically are Youkai too.

Takumi could disguise his smell though. He is around Nami a lot so Werewolves with the right experiences could get confused since Nami wears a bit of his smell and Takumi a bit of hers. I assume Lilizuki's character doesn't have enough experience to know how human blood smell since she lived in the Youkai realm all her life, right? BUT I think that fact would make her able to smell the difference between some Youkai's, or would that sound stupid?

Anyways, there are a very few Youkai in the school that can actually smell humans so Takumi/ShinyDiamond doesn't have to worry much.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Elene has visited the human realm before. She came back wondering why the creators of the Youkai realm wanted it to look terrible in comparison, because one would think that they'd make their realm look nice.

Khawill

<3
Years
Frio probably smells human considering how much time he spent in their world. If its by blood though, you'd never know because Icepeople don't bleed, any cut inflicted is reflected back at the aggressor (fissures are caused when a snowperson scrapes their knee)

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
A few questions:
-Who will be starting the battle with Oz? Will one of the ones nearby (Yorick, Gavin, Allister) be allowed to strike first, or do we assume Oz is so good that none of their attacks would be able to hit anyway?
-Will the battle be made in a joint post, or individual posts? If individual, will we each make short one-move posts and wait for an Oz post reply, or will we get a reference of some of his abilities to include into our posts? If joint who will post it, and do we need to wait for everyone else to show up first?
-Do we assume Oz will never go beyond toying with the students and that they are in no serious danger, or that in a pinch (assuming that the students are able to gain an upper hand at all) he will shoot to kill?
-Is there any chance of the students winning before Higoroshi gets there?

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Well whatever the case, I'm making Takumi eat garlic. Lots & lots of garlic! Food effects blood, including smell. No questions asked.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
A few questions:
-Who will be starting the battle with Oz? Will one of the ones nearby (Yorick, Gavin, Allister) be allowed to strike first, or do we assume Oz is so good that none of their attacks would be able to hit anyway?
-Will the battle be made in a joint post, or individual posts? If individual, will we each make short one-move posts and wait for an Oz post reply, or will we get a reference of some of his abilities to include into our posts? If joint who will post it, and do we need to wait for everyone else to show up first?
-Do we assume Oz will never go beyond toying with the students and that they are in no serious danger, or that in a pinch (assuming that the students are able to gain an upper hand at all) he will shoot to kill?
-Is there any chance of the students winning before Higoroshi gets there?

-I'll let you guys start the battle, we'll just wait for the others to arrive and yes, Oz is that good that your attack will probably hit the gravestone instead of him.
-Oz will go futher than just playing with students, however, at first he will only play a little though. Why it is like this? That will be explained in Ryuu's post.
-Just normal posts will be okay with me. I'm way too busy to make joint posts, ask TornZero. I promised her I would get on a tab she made but I was never able to get on ^^; so sorry TornZero~
-There might be or there might be not~

Lili- only visiting won't be enough, unless Elene paid lots of visits.

Khawill yes, but Frio is a snowman and won't be able to smell blood or body smells (unless someone smells really badly? XD)

ShinyDiamond- that won't effect Nami~ c: bahahaha~

Years
@Geras - You or Machomuu can go first since Allister will be primarily be fitting a defensive role, at least until Oz either breaks his spell or knocks him out the pentacle.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
@Pink: No, just the smell & taste of his blood will change. It depends on what he eats. :P I've seen an episode about it. It was short.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
@Geras - You or Machomuu can go first since Allister will be primarily be fitting a defensive role, at least until Oz either breaks his spell or knocks him out the pentacle.
Hm...well, I'd be okay with posting, but given the post order, I think Geras should go first.

...If he's up for it, that is. If not, I'm more than willing to post.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Lili- only visiting won't be enough, unless Elene paid lots of visits.
Eh...I don't really care.

I've put way more effort into making Elene effective at what she does, but everybody else can literally destroy school property and get away with it, all of that effort went to waste seeing as nobody cares about rule-breaking, assault, or attempted murder regardless.

But y'know, punish me for my effort in attempting to make Elene getting away with what she does believable, rather than rewarding ingenuity over stupidity.

Not bitter at all. Nope.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
^ Welp, hadn't seen that in a while.

Come to think of it, I haven't OOC posted recently either.

Anyone know when Claire said she'd be returning?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Upwards of two weeks, two weeks ago, so nobody knows for sure when she'll get back.

Back