• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: PokeBase - Development thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
Years
Thank you~

Ill be revamping the main post. Everyone, Get posting the tools you'd like to include!

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Ill Add it until I get a nasty PM or Email getting chewed out to remove it :P
lol cool.
Maybe that will actually draw the person out of where ever they are hiding. I was thinking a bit earlier. You know how some tools sometimes get messed for some reason (it just happens. idk if its just me.) Well there should maybe be an option or something that will allow you to redownload the tool and reinstall it. even if you have the lastest version. idk it's just a thought...

Syrex

Years
lol cool.
Maybe that will actually draw the person out of where ever they are hiding. I was thinking a bit earlier. You know how some tools sometimes get messed for some reason (it just happens. idk if its just me.) Well there should maybe be an option or something that will allow you to redownload the tool and reinstall it. even if you have the lastest version. idk it's just a thought...

Pokebase will contain all the latest verisons of the tools.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Pokebase will contain all the latest verisons of the tools.
But I mean like will it be able to download the lastest version even if you already have it?
Like there are programs and stuff that don't let you redownload the program if you have the latest. That can be a prob if something messed up and you need to download the program again.

Syrex

Years
But I mean like will it be able to download the lastest version even if you already have it?
Like there are programs and stuff that don't let you redownload the program if you have the latest. That can be a prob if something messed up and you need to download the program again.

yes, It'll let you redownload the tool if you have the latest.

gamefreakfatty

yuo shuld mak an dp map edtior
Years
I would include VBA-H (VisualBoy Advance for Hackers) instead of VBA. It's also version 1.7.2.
It has all the same features as VBA, but also a better cheat engine that supports ARv3. Other than support for ARv3 codes, it might not help much for ROM hacking, but it is nice to have. If you don't want to replace it, you should include it in addition to normal VBA.

I've attached it here so you don't need to search for it.

Syrex

Years
I would include VBA-H (VisualBoy Advance for Hackers) instead of VBA. It's also version 1.7.2.
It has all the same features as VBA, but also a better cheat engine that supports ARv3. Other than support for ARv3 codes, it might not help much for ROM hacking, but it is nice to have. If you don't want to replace it, you should include it in addition to normal VBA.

I've attached it here so you don't need to search for it.

Thanks alot!

I'll include this.

gamefreakfatty

yuo shuld mak an dp map edtior
Years
No problem.

I think this is a great idea by the way. If you can categorize the tools by what they edit, such as sprites, music, Pokemon data, etc., it may be easier to browse through the tools for new people who don't really know what they're doing. It's a good way to keep all these tools easy to access though. The category idea was probably already suggested, but I thought I would give it anyways. I haven't actually read through the thread.

Giga Universe

Working on a tool.
Years
Tutorials

I know this is for tools, but just an idea, why don't you include a list of tutorials, so people don't have to go find them. ;)

Syrex

Years
I know this is for tools, but just an idea, why don't you include a list of tutorials, so people don't have to go find them. ;)

If you want to help me out and ger permission and credits and gather me up a bunch of tutorials, Ill toss your name into the credits.

Syrex

Years
Yes, I'll help. I'll do it as fast as possible. :P PM you with the list or post it here?

You can PM me the list of tutorials and the links of the authors.

Also going to include a database of tutorials. So, if you are a tutorial writer and you'd like to see your tutorial include please let me know.

Also, if anyone wishes to help me or want to give ideas, then add me on msn

[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:

Ziraider

ಠ_ಠ Get Down with the Pokemon.
Years
This database sounds, like a really good idea, i will support you ideas and help if needed.

Syrex

Years
Well, People stopped contributing.

So the project is on hold until people contribute more tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back