• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Prism [Premiering on Twitch Plays Pokemon in On October 9th]

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2016
So should I try to make headway in this hack or just wait for the next version? I just don't want myprogress to be wasted if a new version comes out soon and isn't compatible with what I've done.

Raj

Pokemon Master
Years
So should I try to make headway in this hack or just wait for the next version? I just don't want myprogress to be wasted if a new version comes out soon and isn't compatible with what I've done.
I would suggest you just play it, I doubt a new version is coming out anytime soon.

Absolumont

Obsessive Clothes Shopper
Years
Can I request Kirlia and Gallade's moveset? I want to know when to evolve my Tajeek, plz! (nuzlocke, so I needed a nickname...)

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
I know I've kind of abandoned Pokecommunity, and I'm sorry for that.

The hack's still well underway.

I've done some major re factoring to the game's code and data (Thanks to my boys at Skeetendo who are doing the Red and Crystal disassembly).

I've developed a tool for Prism so a couple of my close friends can help contribute quality content to the game without any hacking knowledge. I even wrote a script importer that includes Prism's new script commands and can instantly point to and embed text.

Still don't know when it's gonna be out, but I'm still at it!

I'm mostly posting updates on facebook, but if some of you prefer I post some of the updates here as well feel free to let me know.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pokémon-Brown-and-Pokémon-Prism/242973372471211

Splash

But nothing happened.
Years
I know I've kind of abandoned Pokecommunity, and I'm sorry for that.

The hack's still well underway.

I've done some major re factoring to the game's code and data (Thanks to my boys at Skeetendo who are doing the Red and Crystal disassembly).

I've developed a tool for Prism so a couple of my close friends can help contribute quality content to the game without any hacking knowledge. I even wrote a script importer that includes Prism's new script commands and can instantly point to and embed text.

Still don't know when it's gonna be out, but I'm still at it!

I'm mostly posting updates on facebook, but if some of you prefer I post some of the updates here as well feel free to let me know.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pokémon-Brown-and-Pokémon-Prism/242973372471211

I still have complete faith that youll finish it kbm :-)
Im onenof those who lurk at your fb page! :D

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2022
I thought that it was abandoned, but it is alive! and yes I would like to see updates here too

Splash

But nothing happened.
Years
Just so you guys know, the hack is as said by the nsomniart crew and kbm: "Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel"

Their fb page exists if you like updates.. And various games.. I still believe that Prism is one of the best hacks in pokemon gaming :)

Last edited:

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
I estimate at this point that the hack's 75%-85% done.

Here's a couple of updates since I last posted.

10403082_515541555214390_7812518877515760069_n.jpg

10346204_526146420820570_8935056713267163155_n.png

10533371_528699390565273_7268529677657316513_n.png

1958354_534045506697328_6561148770901320167_n.png

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
At the time, it's looking like you'll have to start over, because I moved a lot of the memory around in the RAM in order to accommodate for new features.

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2022
sad, because I have great team now, but it doesn't matter, this is the best hack of gbc which I ever play, so I can start over again, regards!

wilso

Grass Master
Years
Great to see you working on this again btw I was lurking on the Facebook page and saw a post saying you where considering implementing the p/s split and was wondering what was done about it? Also gratz on 70% completion

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
So does that mean around 2 years more before it's released?

No, because I'm making more progress now than I did before.

Great to see you working on this again btw I was lurking on the Facebook page and saw a post saying you where considering implementing the p/s split and was wondering what was done about it? Also gratz on 70% completion

The p/s split was implemented.

Back