• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Frequently Asked Questions & Simple Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2011
Yes, it should know that move, though Ash hasn't used it in the recent past. Pikachu used it for the first time in Episode 42: Showdown at Dark City. Also, remember that Thunder Armour used by Pikachu on himself, riding on Ash's Swellow while battling Solrock and Lunatone?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2019
black city / white forest in the anime?

Black City and White forest are game version exclusive areas which are on the same route. Is the anime going to make them separate places?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
We really cannot say at this point if those two areas will even be shown. Same with the Illusion Forrest. Not all areas in the game are shown on the anime like Sky Pillar, I don't remember if they showed Mt. Pyre either. I don't think they ever showed Victory Road unless that was what Ash and Co where on when he faced Otoshi and Marowak in episode 73. I am sure there are other instances of areas that where not shown.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I agree with Verkinova; it'd be neat to show Black City and White Forest in the anime. They could be right next to each other.

Years
Confusing Charmander/Charizard Question

I was watching season 1 and it got up to the episode 'Holiday Hi-Jinx' (think it is this one). Ash released Charmander to battle Jinx. I was confused that he released Charmander because it had evolved to Charizard?. The next episode had Charmander as well. What went on here?. I never quite understood it.

Sorry if in wrong section :)

Asrodrig

#1 Meowth fan
Years
I noticed that too. I think it's just a continuity error, maybe because the Christmas episode was made before Charmander evolved...

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
Years
They had to change the episode order because the Porygon incident happened before they could air this episode (Electric Soldier Porygon aired at December 16th, 1997 and Holiday Hi-Jynx was going to air at December 23rd, 1997).

Sorry if I misspelled something or if I wasn't clear, I'm still learning English.

Years
thanks for the info! I looked through the episode list and you're right.
I thought Charmander de-evolved lol

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I was re-watching all anime from the beginning and I noticed in Episode 12 Here Comes the Squirtle Squad Ash had a Gun(s) pulled on him, as he also did Episode 35 Legend of Dratini. Only difference is Episode 35 was banned in America and Episode 12 was not. All they did in 12 was change up the dialogue to make it seem less serious, they didn't even edit out the guns or the scene which they very well could have in both. But the choose to ban one and keep the other that doesn't make too much sense to me. Also my second question is even if they are banned in regular broadcasting does that mean they are excluded from the DV's?

Years
I was re-watching all anime from the beginning and I noticed in Episode 12 Here Comes the Squirtle Squad Ash had a Gun(s) pulled on him, as he also did Episode 35 Legend of Dratini. Only difference is Episode 35 was banned in America and Episode 12 was not. All they did in 12 was change up the dialogue to make it seem less serious, they didn't even edit out the guns or the scene which they very well could have in both. But the choose to ban one and keep the other that doesn't make too much sense to me. Also my second question is even if they are banned in regular broadcasting does that mean they are excluded from the DV's?
Legend of Dratini had guns everywhere, and it was banned for other material as well. Team Rocket held a man hostage in this episode and had a gun pointed right next to his head, and Meowth had a Hitler-esque mustache. This scene here should show you why the episode was never aired in the US. There's one swear word in there, but I don't believe that's actually what James was saying.

And yes, the banned episodes are not featured in DVDs.

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Hmmm... okayyyyy.

Thing is, I chose to do a horror story for an assessment for English in school. Now, what I need is name names of the containment pods mewtwo was in at the start of the movie (before he smashed it) the same thing the clones where stored in before he called them out. Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2011
Banned Pokemon episode 38 (seizure episode)

The scenes with intense flashing could've been toned down or removed and this episode re-aired.

But this didn't seem to have happened, why?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
It wasn't just the note of the actual episode, and was more serious than any other episode. It wasn't just boob's a gun or racism. It caused 800 japanese children to go into hospital. The show was put of a 4 month stop and Nintendo was blamed for it. The episode in general was banned in all other countries, so 4kids didn't have the change to edit it, they couldn't. Another reason probably was because the flashing lights, etc, probably went on for quite a while, so if they cut it out, it would end up being around 10 mins.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
^Pretty much that. I don't blame Porygon for giving the 800+ kids the seizures, they were caused by Pikachu's Thunderbolt.

Years
Merged with the FAQ thread.

It wasn't just the note of the actual episode, and was more serious than any other episode. It wasn't just boob's a gun or racism. It caused 800 japanese children to go into hospital. The show was put of a 4 month stop and Nintendo was blamed for it. The episode in general was banned in all other countries, so 4kids didn't have the change to edit it, they couldn't. Another reason probably was because the flashing lights, etc, probably went on for quite a while, so if they cut it out, it would end up being around 10 mins.
It's pretty much this. The reason it hasn't been aired is most likely nothing more than common courtesy. Airing the episode would have been extremely disrespectful, and the Japanese government did place a worldwide ban on the episode. According to Maddie Blaustein a safer dubbed version does in fact exist, it just can't legally be aired.

Last edited:

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2014
They could easily cut out the part with the seizure scene and it wouldn't effect any part of the episode.

I just hate how Porygon and it's evolutions won't be able to appear on T.V due to this incident.

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2010
Need Help Identifying Episode

Hi, first post here, and I was wondering if ya'll could help me identity a Pokemon episode I've been trying to track down.

I can't remember the exact plot, but Ash and the others enter some sort of Quiz bowl/game show, and Jessie and James tie up the real hosts and take their place so they can sabotage the whole programme. I think it ends with a bomb being set off or something.

I know that isn't terribly descriptive, but I'd really appreciate if anyone knew which episode I was thinking of. Thanks in advance!

175.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Even though you've posted this in the wrong place im sure Im allowed to answer if this gets moved.
Im not quite sure if I can remember an episode like that, can you remember what region it was or who were his companions at the time?

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2010
OOps. My apologies to the mods.

I don't remember the exact era, but it was definitely after the initial series. Possibly Joto or past that phase.

Maybe I'm confusing two stories. Anyone remember a story where Team Rocket tied up some guys and assumed their place? Because I'm pretty sure I remember that part.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back