• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where's the bandwagon gone?!

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
When something new and popular comes out, for example an album by a popular artist or a long-anticipated film, do you find that you usually buy it / see it as quickly as possible or do you wait or just ignore it completely? Why?

Years
It usually passes me bye until 3 months later. I don't listen to the radio a whole lot/keep up with celebrities etc. If I like it, I'll listen to it I guess, but I won't put it on my ipod. Otherwise I'll ignore it/not partake in it (i.e. abercrombie and fitch/hollister).

In terms of a film, I'll go and see it because I most likely really want to, or I'll go with friends to see it and mock it most of the way through. XD

So I'd say I don't tend to jump on the bandwagon, and if I do I barely make the bandwagon since it's so far in the past lol.

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Generally, if I'm going to see a move, I'll do it after the first crowd has cleared out. If I'm only mildly interested, I'll wait until it comes out on DVD and watch it. Movie theaters just aren't my thing. I also buy music on the occasion strikes my fancy, since I don't tend to keep up with when the next new hit album will be coming out.

Blowing all my money on games when they first come out is my fatal flaw when it comes to bandwagon. xD

Years
I'm more likely to jump onto a movie than music or a television show. Usually though, even with movies, I'll let a lot of them pass me by and only see them (if I do see them) later on DVD or whatever. I'm kinda distrustful about quality. Unless I know the people involved (actors, directors, musicians) and like them I'm gonna assume they aren't anything great until something proves me wrong. This makes me late to most bandwagons, but I end up on a couple.

Money also makes it hard to get on new ones all the time so that's also why I hold back.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I trail behind the wagon for months on end, paying little to no attention unless the fans begin to grow too loud to ignore. Granted I'll check out what everyone's so hyped up about at some point but it will always be on my own time unless I end up losing a bet forcing me to sit through what's popular.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
When a new film comes out, I try and see it as soon as possible so that I can have an opinion on it. Having said that, most of the films I try to see aren't the most popular ones in popular consciousness so I'm normally one of about 5 people in the cinema at any given time. Also, the cinemas that the films that I like get shown in are normally cheaper as well so... win-win! While none of my offline friends like to talk about them, I still like to know what happens to keep abreast of new pop culture stuff online. So it's entirely for my own benefit, really. TV, I'm similar with, in that I always try and watch the new episodes of my shows as soon as possible. Again, this is just for my own benefit. Music, however, I can go for months without listening to new stuff or even sampling. No desire to be a part of the cultural conversation on that area of pop culture, for some reason.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
More likely to stay away from super super popular annoying things, like Twilight, One Direction, Call Me Maybe, and all that stuff haha. But some popular things are actually good! Like when We Are Young was like everywherrrrre. Fun is a great band and that's a great song so yeah! idk I like what I like and that's that, but I generally kind of don't like checking things out just because everyone else is. Maybe occasionally, but my mind must have something in it that says "be hipster and stay away" because I've always been that way. Hipster before hipster was cool? /shot

Back