• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PMD: Gates to Infinity

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

A new 3DS game has been announced! Apparently it is called Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth. It says that the Magnagates are when you scan for "things" and they appear and lead you to new dungeons. Not much is known about it at this point but it does include 3D Pokemon (obviously) and Pokemon from Gen 5. Apparently the starter is Pikachu and you have 4 Partner choices: Oshawott, Axew, Snivy & Tepig.

What do you think of this? Excited? Scared? What do you think the "Infinite Labyrinth" is? You think it's really a PMD, and that they'll be as good as the others? What do you think will be included? Discuss go go go!

(Sydian if this doesn't qualify for a new thread please merge it with Gen 5 PMD!)

If this is all true, I think they made a horrible choice by forcing the player to be Pikachu. Personally I don't even like Pikachu, so being forced to play as it? I liked the starter choice of PMD because each time you played it the game was actually different, like for PMD1, if you chose a Machop you were screwed for the couple of boss battles (Legendary birds) but if you were Squirtle, it was soo much easier. Pikachu? There won't even be the quiz at the beginning =/ Idk the starter/partner is the only thing I have an opinion on as of right now lmao, everything else looks pretty interesting!

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
The fact that it's in full 3D makes me even more excited to hear more about it, I hope the rest of us don't have to wait too much longer for it. Have been waiting on a new Mystery Dungeon forever!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
The sound of broken hearts and dashed dreams make it hard to think. XD (Please VM or PM if you wanna know what I'm talking about.)

So many things about this one I just don't know.

What do they mean by full 3D? Different than Rumble Blast?

The AR thing is horribly gimmicky. Looks cool and all, but I don't know where I stand with it. If you are forced to find things to unlock doors, that could be annoying.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I'm excited and disappointed at the same time.
I'm excited that new PMD will be released and 5th gen Pokémon will be there but that's about all...
I mean... starting with Pikachu? Seriously? That will be pain in the butt...
No quiz, not enough patner Pokémon (we all will choose Kibago anyways, aren't we? Since we probably won't be able to evolve again, Kibago is the only useful choice...)
We need more informations... but it seems to be step back... and it doesn't seem to fulfill the promise of possible 5th gen PMD...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
For the very first one for the 3DS given the complexity of the Map feature, I can't really blame them for narrowing down what you can choose from. Pikachu as the main character...probably because Pikachu didn't get any real face time in Unova other than the blow up one in Nimbasa XD.

Then again this is all from initial scan. We still don't really know much so there can be more, they just used Pikachu and his choices were Snivy, Axew, Oshawott or Tepig.

I don't really mind either way as I'm more interested in the story and battle mechanics~

bctincher15

blue eye + brown eye =awesome
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
I'm very excited about this, I love all the PMD games, I think what Serebii meant was that the main Pokemon(you) can be one of those five. The exact words from Serebii are: "Possible Pokémon are Pikachu, Oshawott, Axew, Snivy & Tepig." But, I'm just assuming.
Anyways, it would be unfair to make you be Pikachu, I like Pikachu, but playing as Pikachu EVERY TIME would get annoying.

I also wonder who the main antagonist would be.

I really wanna see other people's thoughts.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
What do they mean by full 3D? Different than Rumble Blast?

By full 3D I guess they're referring to it being the first in the Mystery Dungeon series. The pokemon actually have full figured bodies this time also, rather than the blocky toy look of the ones from PRB; everything looks smoother really.

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
I'm so psyched. Kay. It's decided. I'm getting a 3DS for this. Lol. But seriously.
Yeah that is pretty dumb we gotta use pikachu...

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2017
IT'S HERE EVERYONE! IT'S HERE!

I was just informed that there Is going to be another Pokemon mystery dungeon!!! It's called: Pokemon mystery dungeon: magnagate and the infinite labyrinth!! It's named after the augmented reality of the 3ds. Oh and it's playable on the 3ds and only for the 3ds!

Years
I never played the second set of mystery dungeons but these sound quite intriguing. Is there any more info out on them?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yay! Another spin off I'm likely going to skip out on! :) Unless there's something really interesting about this one, gonna skip out on it lol.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
YES. FINALLY OMFG. I hope they include every Pokemon. It might be a bit of a stretch having to make all 649 Pokemon + their forms, but hopefully they'll have them all. @__@

Now this is the reason I've been waiting for to get myself a 3DS.

Nineray

Green Okido
Years
When I read this I jumped around and cheered for about 20 minutes. I'm sooooooo happy if this doesn't get a english release im going to learn Japanese. As for Pikachu i hope they at least give us Volt Tackle at the beginning otherwise im going to hate the main game unless you get to change your pokemon. After every misson. I know my parents aren't going to buy me a 3ds so looks like im gonna get a job. :D

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

A new 3DS game has been announced! Apparently it is called Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth. It says that the Magnagates are when you scan for "things" and they appear and lead you to new dungeons. Not much is known about it at this point but it does include 3D Pokemon (obviously) and Pokemon from Gen 5
YES!*fan girl scream*
. Apparently the starter is Pikachu and you have 4 Partner choices: Oshawott, Axew, Snivy & Tepig.
Are you sure that this is correct? According to Serebii it says:
Not much is known about this game yet, but it is the first Mystery Dungeon game to feature Pokémon native to Unova and has the Pokémon in full 3D. As usual, it as you play as a character who turns into a Pokémon. Possible Pokémon can be Pikachu, Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott or Axew.
Hopefully that means that we can play as any of those five...
What do you think of this? Excited? Scared? What do you think the "Infinite Labyrinth" is? You think it's really a PMD, and that they'll be as good as the others? What do you think will be included? Discuss go go go!

(Sydian if this doesn't qualify for a new thread please merge it with Gen 5 PMD!)

If this is all true, I think they made a horrible choice by forcing the player to be Pikachu. Personally I don't even like Pikachu, so being forced to play as it? I liked the starter choice of PMD because each time you played it the game was actually different, like for PMD1, if you chose a Machop you were screwed for the couple of boss battles (Legendary birds) but if you were Squirtle, it was soo much easier. Pikachu? There won't even be the quiz at the beginning =/ Idk the starter/partner is the only thing I have an opinion on as of right now lmao, everything else looks pretty interesting!
I'm excited (obviously). I hope they don't make Pikachu the designated starter, since I hate Pikachu will all my guts (in case you didn't know by now) Its seeming more and more like another Pokepark to me just on another console. The whole reason I play PMD is so that I can be a Pokemon I like, such as Treecko in the original PMD and Piplup in Time and Darkness. Other than that, it would be nice if it were on the normal DS, but I suppose that I would have had to get a 3DS at some point anyway. :/

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
This is the game I've been waiting for so long. :D

What really disappointed me here was the fact that Pikachu could be the only starter Pokemon playable, with the Unova starters and Axew as partners. I would've liked it if the other 12 starters, plus a select few regular Pokemon, were available as starters and the one you'd become would be determined by a quiz, just like the past 2 games.

If I had a choice between all 4 available partners, I'd choose Oshawott or Axew, the former for having a varied level up movepool and the latter for the early Dragon Rage.

Back