• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon - Ultra Violet Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 20, 2015
So the shiny patch on route 11 never works for me, my friend who is right beside me does it and EVERYTIME he gets a shiny, what do i do?

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
If it's a BIOS issue, that would mean it would probably behave differently on GBA.emu or something like that, because it uses a simulated BIOS as opposed to requiring one to be added.

I'll see if I can't replicate the problem if I have time on my hands since I do have a copy of that (I'm kind of working on my own projects ATM).

Years
  • Age 55
  • Seen Aug 8, 2016
hey locksmitharmy i have one question why is it that every time my pupitar evolve's in to tyranitar the games freeze's (everytime) so now im stuck with pupitar ;_;

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 23, 2014
Hey LEGEND, try reading the thread next time ;):

Fix for the game freezing when pokemon evolve after beating the E4 (based off what I did 3 minutes before this post):

1. beat the E4 again.
2. don't have pokemon fighting that could evolve during the fight.
3. let the game save using the in game save
4. load that file after reset
5. talk to Prof. Oak
6. go to Oak's lab and receive nat'l dex (again) and instructions to go to 4 point isle
7. level pokemon to test evolution working.

possibility i'd like to test.
1. go straight to Oak's lab and see if he has anything to say to you.
2. listen to what he says if he does.
3. level pokemon to test if evolution freezes game still

awesome hack, LSA. are you also on a lockpicking forum?

P.S. method two worked as well, but it took two tries. using charmander > charmeleon for testing against E4 Lorelei.
If you cancel evolution to attempt to continue, the game will freeze going to Bruno, btw. the only fix i have found is to talk to Oak about the 4 point isle. it seems to fix everything, testing a second evolution.

P.S.S. second evolution of Pokemon worked, squirtle > wartortle. do NOT use speed boost on VBA when evolving. froze it after the fix when testing first time.

P.S.S.S. Defeating E4 again resulted in game freezing for wartortle> blastoise evolution. did not talk to oak after defeating E4 before this error. have talked to oak about 4 point isle previously. never visited 4 point isle. going back and speaking to oak did not fix error. still froze when going from wartortle > blastoise

Finally got wartortle > blastoise to work (third evolution tried after initial glitch fix). it required loading the save from beating the E4 (the game autosave). based off of what i am seeing, it is a glitch caused by skipping the game "ending" and continuing straight. Whenever I picked the "YES" option after Oak, the rival, and I run out of the building, it causes the evolution freezing the game glitch. A save can be fixed after this happens by defeating the E4 and using the in game autosave. This leads me to believe the glitch is caused by the feature of skipping the game reset after the E4 battles. AKA, if you are using an emulator that can't use the in game save, you're screwed as far as I can tell.

Going to 4 point isle seems to have affected nothing.

Emulator used= VBA 1.8.0 beta3
ROM= Pokemon Fire Red with ultra violet 1.22
not sure of pokemon fire red version. don't bother asking unless you can tell. all i can do is send you the rom (i made a copy before i patched it)

Summarization:
1. beat the E4.
2. don't have pokemon fighting that could evolve during the fight.
3. let the game save using the in game save
4. load that file after reset

will fix saves that currently have the "freeze when evolution occurs" glitch.
If you can't use the autosave, I think you're screwed.

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2018
Hey Locksmith just wanted to say great job on the Ultra Violet hack its awsome bro. I read somewhere that you was not adding any more Generations to the game. Please reconsider this. If you did add Gens 4 and 5 it would make this hack the best hack availiable.

Mikazuki

"Someday, I will..."
Years
Locksmith awesome hack bro. I LOVE what you did with the choosing of the starter. That is by far one of the best and most creative additions to ANY Pokemon hack or game I've ever seen. Would you release a tutorial for that or PM me a link to where I could learn how, or you figure you'd keep that to yourself?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Your welcome to tear the game apart and look at the scripts... but the baic jist of it is to send the player to a new area and start the safari game... it gets a little complicated because exiting the safari game sends u to fuchsia city... but thats fixable too... it wasnt too hard

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 19, 2014
Hi Locksmith, thanks for the mod. I'm having a great time with it.

Can I trouble you to look into the Spec/Physical split for this mod? I've tried to manually apply it to Ultra Violet but it results in Prof Oak refusing to talk to the player.

I found the ips in a thread called Research: The 4th gen class split in 3rd gen in this forum.

Thanks again

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 29, 2014
Any ideas on most likely reason the Pichu egg has appeared before reaching E4? And if seeing this egg will cause problems later on? I'd rather not continue playing this save if I won't be able to do certain things.

Playing on GBA4iOS2 btw.

Thanks for any help

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Any ideas on most likely reason the Pichu egg has appeared before reaching E4? And if seeing this egg will cause problems later on? I'd rather not continue playing this save if I won't be able to do certain things.

Playing on GBA4iOS2 btw.

Thanks for any help

Dont even worry about it. You will still get the celebi event later, aswell as the Pichu with volt tackle... its a minor glitch that drops the pichu egg early... it wont have any effect on future events

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 29, 2014
Awesome! Great hack btw, first time playing a hack and love the additions and modifications you've made!

(BTW, not sure if you wanted to, but I'd suggest maybe putting in the Guide about the fact that you need to revive the fossils in a certain order. Not sure if this is a well known method that you must do or not, but it's a mistake I made haha)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Awesome! Great hack btw, first time playing a hack and love the additions and modifications you've made!

(BTW, not sure if you wanted to, but I'd suggest maybe putting in the Guide about the fact that you need to revive the fossils in a certain order. Not sure if this is a well known method that you must do or not, but it's a mistake I made haha)

yeah, thats GFs glitch, and I could not think of a logical way to fix it without rewriting that mans entire script... :(

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 9, 2016
Is it possible to obtain a version where the 3rd gen pokemon isn't included? I would love to play this rom hack, but i really don't care for the gens after the second.

Best regards.

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Oct 25, 2014
I can't fix the evolution glitch. I tried evolving my pidgeotto and it just freezes. I tried evolving kadabra and it freezes as well. I can't use the in game save either. Is there anyway to fix that problem? Because this games well-made and I hate to see that it's not able to be completed :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back