• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMXP] Pokemon LunarVoid

I now plan to include every region in this game. But should I include Orre too?

• Yes

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
I like this idea so far! The only thing(s) I have issue with are this:

-the introduction of the team(s) in your first post seems a little juvial...and illogical, maube they should wait until they have some power (aka later in the game) before they announce their plans to everyone? Or maybe they should stay under a Cover Identity with a more..misleading speech to start out with? (Aka, they have a FigureHead on the TV news annouceing that <coverupcompany> will be working on a "New and Glorious future" with the help of "Partners from other Regions" to work for the "good of all humanity") and the Prof. says "Mayybe you should keep ypur eye on these guys too...ok?"....

2: the mapping of the towns seems very...sparce and a lot of extra/ un-needed/empy space, but thats easily fixable.

anyways just some hints xD feel free to ignore

The plot seems kind of cliche BADGUYSOHNO, I think you should definitely put more thought into it. Everyone knows that once the bad guys announce their unbeatable plan, they're going to fail. I mean come on, its pretty obvious. Maybe the protagonist discovers the amalgamation in his quest. I don't think his adventure should be initiated by this.

Feel free to follow (or not) my advice

K, yeah I said in an earlier post I'm working on the mapping. Thanks for the more specific advice. I was wondering how I could go about improving 'em.

And thanks for the critique on the story, but actually Part 2 of the story IS later through the game. It's not until after either the 8th Gym or Elite 4, so everyone would already know about those Teams existence anyway, through all of their other activities [and Team Rocket and Galactic would obviously be known already]. I was planning to have the news having broadcasts about the other regions during your journey, talking about the other regions Teams already being discovered as well. There's no use for secrecy because by this point they've all been discovered already. It's just a matter of coming together [and this is after some suspicious activity involving the hero seeing members of different Teams being seen together]. However, the "signal can't be traced" part is supposed to point out that they're hidden quite well, not making it any easier to actually find them at all. It's sort of like Team Rocket's radio announcement. I could still change it if you guys think it'd be better, but I just wanted to point those things out first, to make sure the critique is totally informed, I guess you could say.

So yeah, again, tomatoman too. The quest isn't initiated with this. Part 2 is actually the end of the Gala Region storyline and the transition to the other regions. But I don't know, if you guys still think I should change it, I could try and make some tweaks to the story. But only if the problem isn't solved by Part 2 being technically the end, not the beginning.

Thanks again for the critique. I'll keep it in mind.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
Good News: I've fixed the sizes for most of the maps in Ga;a region, by which I mean they aren't so overly spacious anymore.

Better News: Whatever was wrong with the game file is somehow fixed now, so the Playtest is working again.

The Bad News: Some new error popped up, and now I can't get out of the first town =_=. Also, I still need a scripter lol. Note to all reading and planning on making a game: the team recruitment thread isn't very plentiful on scripters, just sayin' >_>;;;.

I'll try and get this new error fixed, and once I get SOMETHING significant evented, I'll get some screenshots up. Can't say exactly when that'll be, but I AM actually working here, even though I haven't updated much recently, it's only because I'm trying to figure out these errors that keep coming up.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Seems promising, including every region is going to be a monumentious(lolspelling) task,
Hope you can chew it :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
Seems promising, including every region is going to be a monumentious(lolspelling) task,
Hope you can chew it :)

You and me both, dude haha. Although, mapping is easy enough considering I have a reference for every region but my own, so that's one major part of the problem taken care of by Nintendo haha. And I actually have a good idea of what I want to do with most towns of my region too, so everything should go pretty well with the mapping there. Basically, my ONLY worry for the project, which I'm sure I've pointed out/mentioned enough times to have a nickname related to it eventually, is finding a scripter. I've written a storyline that's gotten decent reviews from those who critiqued it, I design Fakemon and am only 3 short of a full list of 100 [counting Eeveelutions; might ditch 'em, might keep 'em. We'll see haha], I'm practicing my mapping and starting to learn a bit from the critique I've gotten, hell, I've even thought of some new concepts that I KNOW are possible with RMXP/RGSS/Ruby/"whichever you prefer" scripting. The only problem is that no matter how many times I look through the tutorials and all, my mind doesn't seem to be wired to grasp the actual practice of the scripting instead of just the possibilities of it. *sigh* Pretty frustrating, to be honest. If only we had a more specific Team Recruitment system, it might be easier...or maybe if we just actually had more scripters available here haha. Let's see what's happening in some of these abandoned projects around here...>u> LOL.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
You and me both, dude haha. Although, mapping is easy enough considering I have a reference for every region but my own, so that's one major part of the problem taken care of by Nintendo haha. And I actually have a good idea of what I want to do with most towns of my region too, so everything should go pretty well with the mapping there. Basically, my ONLY worry for the project, which I'm sure I've pointed out/mentioned enough times to have a nickname related to it eventually, is finding a scripter. I've written a storyline that's gotten decent reviews from those who critiqued it, I design Fakemon and am only 3 short of a full list of 100 [counting Eeveelutions; might ditch 'em, might keep 'em. We'll see haha], I'm practicing my mapping and starting to learn a bit from the critique I've gotten, hell, I've even thought of some new concepts that I KNOW are possible with RMXP/RGSS/Ruby/"whichever you prefer" scripting. The only problem is that no matter how many times I look through the tutorials and all, my mind doesn't seem to be wired to grasp the actual practice of the scripting instead of just the possibilities of it. *sigh* Pretty frustrating, to be honest. If only we had a more specific Team Recruitment system, it might be easier...or maybe if we just actually had more scripters available here haha. Let's see what's happening in some of these abandoned projects around here...>u> LOL.

Yeah that is true, adding pre-existing regions is far easier than making a new one. my laziness prevents me from going anywhere near RGSS, Im actually the same, I cannot learn to code by tutorials or books.

Oddly enough school(university) tutorials seems to do the trick for me. I was looking through c# book and online tutorials for ages trying to figure out how to get classes to work. then spent 1 hour in a c# tutorial; I was amazed that I didn't understand it before.

Though I suspect they won't be teaching RSGG at school anytime soon.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
Yeah that is true, adding pre-existing regions is far easier than making a new one. my laziness prevents me from going anywhere near RGSS, Im actually the same, I cannot learn to code by tutorials or books.

Oddly enough school(university) tutorials seems to do the trick for me. I was looking through c# book and online tutorials for ages trying to figure out how to get classes to work. then spent 1 hour in a c# tutorial; I was amazed that I didn't understand it before.

Though I suspect they won't be teaching RSGG at school anytime soon.

Hmm, maybe that'll work for me.

Haha, if only, huh? Teach us something we'll use. History is only useful for those who plan to write the history textbooks, or those who plan to be in them. It perpetuates itself. Make it an elective already, for goodness' sake haha xD. Teach us game code instead.

Wow, just looked back at those maps in the earlier post. I'll hopefully get the images replaced [and resized, where needed] sometime this week haha.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
First new update in quite a while, but I've definitely been working. Mostly on mapping.

-The progress bars in the first post were updated long ago and far away, but a couple of them are inaccurate again now because of the work I've been doing. Also, the Kanto Mapping progress bar tends to come and go as it pleases for some odd reason, but it should be fixed once I update that bar for progress anyway.

-I've decided to have the AI improved in LunarVoid, just because who doesn't get tired of an NPC spamming Sand Attack and Harden? Haha. If it's possible, I'll try my best to see that it's improved.

-I've got a few special features planned that are coming along well. Who knew that someone like me who can't even script could get a few things done before finding a scripter? haha

-Still having some random errors in the Playtest that are literally halting progress. I've posted the same error in the Essentials thread for the past month or two but still haven't gotten any response. Odd and a bit annoying.

-Photoshop has been giving me the Windows Clipboard glitch on a constant basis lately, making getting screencaps of updated maps a bit of a challenge. I could use Paint, but I have personal issues with the program itself, so it's sort of an "only if I absolutely have to" situation. I'll see what I can do about Photoshop, and if the problem persists, I suppose I'll just have to bite the bullet and use Paint.

-There are some day and night-specific events and areas in the game now, which will be functional as soon as these errors are buffed out and I get a definite grasp on which Essentials event can be used for making an event do one thing at one time of day, but a different thing at another time.

-I'm also considering having multi-Pokemon wild battles as there are in Black and White, but this idea is up in the air as of now [Really, day and night related event, multi-Pokemon battles. It's starting to sound like I'm copying DarkDoom LOL].

-As I said earlier in this post, anyone with scripting knowledge is more than welcome to point themselves out, with some proof of their skills. I could use the help once the mapping is done.

If there's any other thing you happen to be curious about involving the game, the planned features and plot of the game, or even other aspects of my progress, feel free to ask.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
looks good. It looks good because u have 3 regions. you must put lots of effort
I appreciate the praise, but I can hardly accept it. First of all, it's 5 regions, not 3. Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and my own, Gala. Secondly, having multiple regions does not tell how good a game will be. Yes, I plan to have 3 regions, but I can't script, and I'm nowhere near done mapping. Right now I'm trying to get some custom house and building graphics designed. But, as I was saying, number of regions and quality of the game are not the same thing at all.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
Oh hey, so I'm not dead by the way. It's senior year in highschool, so I'm just preoccupied haha. Anyway, I HAVE been working. Most focus has been on designing new Fakemon and ReVamping old ones [Those of you who watch me on deviantArt recently saw a new one]. Actually, why not share that one now:

Spoiler:

In other news, I've also fixed a few maps, although I really want to get a new tileset made, mixing FRLG and HGSS graphics in an aesthetic fashion. I've got the houses made for both Norstar Town and Venuvita Grove, but since the tileset isn't made yet, the houses won't be updated. If anyone wants to join the team as a building spriter [or a tileset compiler] that'd be great haha. Anyway, here's the re-done Norstar and Venuvita:

Norstar Town:
Spoiler:

Venuvita Grove:
Spoiler:

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
Slayring, please make sure you read the date of the last post before posting. This thread is over two-months old.

-locked-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back