• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon, now part of a balanced breakfast...

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Would you consider pokemon a food product? If one day, all the animals were replaced by pokemon, i.e. Cows were replaced by Milktank; in which people would normally eat cows for a mean source. So, if you did, would you still eat animal products if the regular animals turned into pokemon? Or would you start choosing alternative food products?

Like for my case, I most likely wouldn't, so maybe I'd turn into a vegan myself.

Last edited:

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Feb 5, 2013
Rayquaza Fin Soup :)

Yes I would eat Pokemon, because it seems badass.

Autaven

Gamer Girl
Years
I would yeah, I eat meat now (though I was vegetarian for 6 years) so I think it would be hypocritical not to, aside from the fact that Pokemon could probably attack people a little more than a cow could - whats the difference? :P

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
yes XD

Pokemon ARE animals in the pokemon world, so yeah I would eat them. I wouldn't mind roast torchic with scrampled togepi for dinner or filleted Magicarp with pansage. It would be normal if pokemon existed here instead, what else would we eat for meat?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I would yeah, I eat meat now (though I was vegetarian for 6 years) so I think it would be hypocritical not to, aside from the fact that Pokemon could probably attack people a little more than a cow could - whats the difference? :P

yes XD

Pokemon ARE animals in the pokemon world, so yeah I would eat them. I wouldn't mind roast torchic with scrampled togepi for dinner or filleted Magicarp with pansage. It would be normal if pokemon existed here instead, what else would we eat for meat?

I wouldn't, and this is why - eating animals is absolutely not the same as eating Pokemon. In the games and anime, Pokemon have been shown to have intelligence similar to a human's. They communicate with one another, have the ability to reason, and some of them are even much smarter than us (Alakazam for example). They aren't animals in the sense that our animals are. The only part of them that is animal is their form and their food instincts, such as bird Pokemon eating worm Pokemon.

Would you eat a deformed person that can't communicate with you? That's what I think of Pokemon as.

Not to mention who knows what damage all those special powers will do to your digestive tract

Autaven

Gamer Girl
Years

I wouldn't, and this is why - eating animals is absolutely not the same as eating Pokemon. In the games and anime, Pokemon have been shown to have intelligence similar to a human's. They communicate with one another, have the ability to reason, and some of them are even much smarter than us (Alakazam for example). They aren't animals in the sense that our animals are. The only part of them that is animal is their form and their food instincts, such as bird Pokemon eating worm Pokemon.

Would you eat a deformed person that can't communicate with you? That's what I think of Pokemon as.

Not to mention who knows what damage all those special powers will do to your digestive tract

Fair point, though I guess that takes it to another level of how intelligent our animals are considered to be. But if that was the case I don't think any of us would mind having some grilled magikarp lol :)

sak5222

Lets play pokemon!
Years
yes XD

the cooking pokemon part was really funny!

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
I'm a meat lover, but I wouldn't eat Pokemon as they're intelligent beings. I would almost feel like eating another human!

I really wonder where the meat people eat in the anime comes from. Maybe it's in vitro meat? xD http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_vitro_meat Unless there are some regular animals hidden somewhere and that would be silly.

Spanner226

Millefiore Mechanic
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2011
Well, if pokemon ate other pokemon, then yes, but whether they really do consume each other or not has not been confirmed.

But....How do the people of the Pokemon World create hamburgers without killing pokemon? Perhaps.....

Arma

The Hyena
Years
I would, because, to me, a Miltank isn't more special then a regular Cow. I eat meat and fish here, so why should I suddenly stop doing so if all the animals turned into pokemon?

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
Rayquaza Fin Soup :)

Yes I would eat Pokemon, because it seems badass.

Wouldn't that be Sharpedo/Garchomp Fin Soup (how does Rayquaza even resemble a shark)? I don't think eating Pokemon would be "BA", though... >_>

Why would I want to eat an Alakazam anyway? It probably tastes like Brussels Sprouts on steroids or something...

And to be fair, animal and Pokemon intelligence is a bit debatable. There are some Pokemon that are said to be pretty stupid in their own right (I really wish that didn't sound so harsh...). I mean, just look at Rhyhorn's Sapphire PokeDex entry, one of the more derogatory ones:

Once it starts running, it doesn't stop. Its tiny brain makes it so stupid that it can't remember why it started running in the first place.
I mean, even your typical cow and chicken can remember that much, right?

*cough* KFC = Kentucky Fried Combusken *cough*

Just thought I'd get that out there. ;)

Oh gosh...I'd feel terrible eating a member of the Blaziken family, as Blaziken was my first ever Pokemon... ;_; Maybe I'd abstain from meat or something - otherwise, I'd eat it in moderation.

It's kind of necessary to have Pokemon as a meat source because how else is anyone getting their protein?

Through Protein, duh.

...sometimes I wonder about you, PlatinumDude.

:cer_laugh: :cer_laugh: :cer_laugh:

Also, some Pokemon are just begging to be eaten. Case in point: Vanilluxe. What kind of Pokemon grows an enticing straw as part of evolution AKA "survival of the fittest"? That's like a sentence to get removed from the genetic population.

584Vanilluxe.png

You see that straw? And one of the heads is drooling... *puts sprinkles on...Lick...munch munch munch...*

Back