• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
Thought I should say,
Just started playing your hack, and I noticed that when MOM gives you the running shoes etc.. when she walks left, she has no movement sprites so she like levitates away aha
Might want to have a look at your sprites.
Other then that, it seems to be a good hack and I look forward to the final release.

Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2011
HOW DID YOU DO THE RACE AND RIDE ON PONYTA ??????!!!!!????
I MUST KNOW TELL ME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soul Saint

Ghost~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
I MUST KNOW TELL ME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enter the house as Hunter said. To win the race, all you have to do is go through it literally one step at a time - The other guy moves only when you move. May take once or twice to find the quickest way to win. You can do the race over and over again until you win it. Just pay attention to the other guy and what path he takes, it's how I managed to win.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hi, I'm trying to download the file but I don't have anything that can download an .ips file. Can someone please help me out?
Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera...?

I MUST TELL YOU TO STOP YELLING!!!!!!
NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years
It's a good hack. Although I'm finding it a bit unrealistic. I mean, I am being over-powered by a Level 25 Tentacruel and my Level 32 Pikachu doesn't even get a chance to attack... You might want to work on this a bit.
I know your trying to give it the feel that it is a giant Tentacruel and it should be powerful, but a level 25 can't really One-Hit-KO a level 32 with Sludge Bomb =/

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
It's a good hack. Although I'm finding it a bit unrealistic. I mean, I am being over-powered by a Level 25 Tentacruel and my Level 32 Pikachu doesn't even get a chance to attack... You might want to work on this a bit.
I know your trying to give it the feel that it is a giant Tentacruel and it should be powerful, but a level 25 can't really One-Hit-KO a level 32 with Sludge Bomb =/
It's OP because it's supposed to be OP.
It has uber stats, not normal Gyarados' stats.

DT

Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2013
Your hack ROM is really good and I plan to following you till the end. But I have two questions. When your next update of the ROM takes place, I'm forced to begin the game all over again? Or do I have the chance of patching the ROM and then continue to play from my previous save?
Forgive me for my english. I'm a foreign user of the forum. Goodbye,

DT.

PS: I don't know if this is useful. During Oak's monologue, I found a spell mistake in the question "Are you sure you're ready to to own a Pokemon?". There is a "to" in excess...

Last edited:

Soul Saint

Ghost~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
Question about Bulbasaur and Squirtle: Any chance that their stats will be changed...? Like when they level up to 16+, will they be changed to grow as if you evolved them? I live if they'll just stay the way they are - I'm just curious is all.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Question about Bulbasaur and Squirtle: Any chance that their stats will be changed...? Like when they level up to 16+, will they be changed to grow as if you evolved them? I live if they'll just stay the way they are - I'm just curious is all.
Of course, they are left as they originally are ;)
Though those guys are pretty powerful if you grind them and EV train them nicely =D

Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2011
I wasn't talking about doing it in the game! I was asking how you dit it with the scripts on the map!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2012
Hey ! I am new to pokecommunity . I started playing through the game around a month ago and i beated it in only three days . I just want to ask to atleast the level of difficulty or it would be boring to play this game . Thank you

Soul Saint

Ghost~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015

Of course, they are left as they originally are ;)
Though those guys are pretty powerful if you grind them and EV train them nicely =D

Thank you for answering my question, just wish they were changed to make it less time consuming. I'll survive with grinding them. ;)

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 6, 2011
First of all want to say thank you for making the rom!! It is truly amazing and has been helping me procrastinate during finals.

Now for my question:
I had been raising a Mankey and chose not to catch the wild Primeape on the way to Celadon city for this reason. Problem is, when the mankey I have been raising evolved it suddenly will not obey anymore. Even though it is only level 28 (and I have Sabrina's badge obviously) and other pokemon I have that are that level will obey. Anyway I can fix this? I can't enter the P1 with my Primeape because it won't obey and it's difficult to beat them with a Mankey.

Thanks!

Years
First of all want to say thank you for making the rom!! It is truly amazing and has been helping me procrastinate during finals.

Now for my question:
I had been raising a Mankey and chose not to catch the wild Primeape on the way to Celadon city for this reason. Problem is, when the mankey I have been raising evolved it suddenly will not obey anymore. Even though it is only level 28 (and I have Sabrina's badge obviously) and other pokemon I have that are that level will obey. Anyway I can fix this? I can't enter the P1 with my Primeape because it won't obey and it's difficult to beat them with a Mankey.

Thanks!

Primeape isn't supposed to obey you. This game is following the anime. Primeape will start to obey you once you beat the first round of the P1 championship.
Tip: Make Primeape learn Air Cutter. It helps a lot.

You will also encounter this similar issue with Charmeleon/Charizard.
They will not obey you until you have reached the episode where Charizard fully trusts Ash as a trainer.

THESE ARE NOT BUGS.
THESE ARE PART OF THE GAME.

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 6, 2011

Primeape isn't supposed to obey you. This game is following the anime. Primeape will start to obey you once you beat the first round of the P1 championship.
Tip: Make Primeape learn Air Cutter. It helps a lot.
[/B]

Ahh thank you! I knew about the Charmeleon/Charizard part but forgot about Primeape. I saw on the YT guides that people were having no problems with Primeape but I guess I didn't watch the first round...>.<

Thanks again! ^^

Epitaph93

Intermediate Digidestined
Years
This is looking fantastic. You're making me want to watch the show again and relive those child hood experiences, but I'm sure if I just play the hack then I won't need to. Downloading it now. For once I'm actually interested in a hack for the story. Thanks!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 18, 2020
Wow this is a lot of fun. I've never enjoyed a ROM hack this much to be honest. The combination of nostalgia and the new experience of actually being Ash himself is absolutely wonderful.

I did notice one little thing which seemed like an issue. If this is intentional or a previously reported glitch, my bad. It seems that if you lose to Team Rocket in Viridian Forest, they just disappear. I didn't realize the girl right there would heal me and I was afraid that talking to her would start a battle, which my Pokemon were not in any condition to be doing. So I moved on without talking to her. I then ran into Team Rocket, and they fainted all my Pokemon. When I came back to Viridian Forest they didn't show up again as I expected... it seems as though the switch or whatever which decides whether they show up get flicked whether or not you actually defeated them?

Back