• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon "clones".

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Oh yeah, there are a ton of pokemon out there that are considered "clones" from an original, because their art work is very alike in a way. Whether be th ebody, or facial features, and so on. Pluse and Minun are good examples, because it said that they are clones from Pikachu.

311.png
312.png
025.png

Well anyway, can you think of any other pokemon "clones" from a certain pokemon? How do you feel about these pokemon "clones"? Are they really nessesary?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
A ton of GenV pokemon are considered to be a newer counterpart to older GenI-II pokemon. This was probably intentional to make sure that the games retain the proper pokemon "feel" without recycling all the old pokemon. XD

517MS.png
=
096MS.png

524MS.png
=
074MS.png

527MS.png
=
041MS.png

529MS.png
=
027MS.png

531MS.png
=
113MS.png

532MS.png
=
066MS.png

535MS.png
=
060MS.png

568MS.png
=
088MS.png

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I assume many people jump on 'clones' as evidence that the designers have lost their originality and can't think of anything new. As much as I'd like to play devil's advocate and argue against this, it's very hard to do so. Most of them do feel derivative, don't have particularly striking new aesthetic features, have similar movesets barring new 'signature moves' designed in order. As Timbjerr noted above, continuity in keeping certain 'types' of Pokemon despite not having the originals seems to be the main factor in doing this, especially with the newest generation. Seems a shame that the designers aren't willing to experiment slightly more with not only the look, but some of the moveset elements of the new Pokemon in a given generation.

Notworking15

Wait...WHAT?!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 29, 2011
i was always convinced that certain pokemon are "cousins" of past generations. like plusle/minun, Pachirisu, and emolga were bizzaringly related to pikachu. or woobat and zubat sounding obviously similar. and for some reason, always thought skitty/delcatty was kind of like another meowth/persian.

Last edited:

Gunn

horror resident
Years
Adding on to Pikachu, Emolga and Pachirisu (maybe Marril too) are other ones. The developers like having this series of cute rodent Pokemon going on, not that I mind. There's doubt that we will won't see one implemented in Generation VI.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
I still dont see why everyone thinks Munna is a copy of Drowzee. That is seriously crazy @_@ They look NOTHING alike other than the fact they are based on the same animal.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I still dont see why everyone thinks Munna is a copy of Drowzee. That is seriously crazy @_@ They look NOTHING alike other than the fact they are based on the same animal.

Yeah...I wonder that too; I guess its also the fact that they are also "dream eater" pokemon?
Other than that, there's not much similar between the two.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I think Munna and Drowzee are alike in the dream eater part only. But they look completely different. Emolga looks like Pachirisu, if you ask me. And Timburr is Gen V's Machop, which is always cool. xD

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
Well, you COULD say that some Pokemon are just clones of others....

Only.... Watchog, a supposed a clone of Raticate, looks and acts nothing like it.

Emolga, Pachirisu.... They are similar to Pikachu, in that all three are rodents, all three have the electrical pouches on their cheeks, all are Electric-type... But one's a squirrel, one's a flying squirrel, and one's a mouse. And only Pikachu has red cheek pouches. Emolga and Pachirisu have yellow cheek pouches. So you couldn't really say they're exact clones of Pikachu. Real similar, though.

Of course, Sawsbuck and Stantler are really similar too. :\

I guess some of them are clones of each other... while some of them aren't. It's freaking confusing sometimes, isn't it? :\

Last edited:
Years
none are clones but all are similar, many of us wouldnt be able to make up 3 pokemon who arent similar to the once that already exist much less 600. Even the many fakemon around look like clones to the real ones

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
The Pidove line is essentially a clone of the Pidgey line. I also see the Drilbur line also being a clone to the Diglett line.

I also think the Scraggy line is a clone to the Croagunk line because of similar appearances.

Years
Throh and Sawk seem like parallels of Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan. Not looks-wise, but in concept. I'm not complaining though, just observing :)

Some of the "clones" I like, sometimes I prefer the originals :)

Back