• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mirage Island

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
In Ruby and Sapphire there was something we all aspired to find: Mirage Island. The chances of finding it were low, but if you found it, you got the self-gratification that you found it!! With this being the sixth generation, and the island originally appearing in the third, do you think chances are it could return? Would you like to see something similar (like a rare island that keeps appearing/re-appearing) to Mirage Island - that appears only under certain conditions, or maybe on certain days, and with items that change all the time? If so, would you be okay with getting another old man that looks for Mirage Island to find it for you? Or would you rather it just be a thing you stumbled upon? Share your thoughts~~

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
In Ruby and Sapphire there was something we all aspired to find: Mirage Island. The chances of finding it were low, but if you found it, you got the self-gratification that you found it!! With this being the sixth generation, and the island originally appearing in the third, do you think chances are it could return? Would you like to see something similar (like a rare island that keeps appearing/re-appearing) to Mirage Island - that appears only under certain conditions, or maybe on certain days, and with items that change all the time? If so, would you be okay with getting another old man that looks for Mirage Island to find it for you? Or would you rather it just be a thing you stumbled upon? Share your thoughts~~

Well that would be rather awesome! I would be really happy if they decided to make a return of the Mirage Island! I remember how happy I was to finally find it on my Ruby! Its even rarer than finding a wild shiny pokemon! In other words, I DEMAND THE RETURN OF MIRAGE ISLAND! I would like it to contain a super rare item and a very very rare pokemon. :) I would also like it to just appear infront of my face without me knowing it and the sight should be like a beautiful paradise.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I never got to see it :(
However if the odds were slightly upped by say pokemon with certain abilities it'll be nice. Maybe they could make a special building that appears and disappears sort of like Mirage Tower and Mirage Island combined.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I would love to see mirage island again but i would rather it be easier to find then in ruby, sapphire and emerald.

Guy

just a guy
Years
It would be the perfect location for finding Pokémon with their Hidden Abilities. However, the odds of finding it would definitely have to be higher than what it was in RSE. To this day, despite the number of times I've played my Ruby, I've never been able to see Mirage Island.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
It would be the perfect location for finding Pokémon with their Hidden Abilities.

GENIUS. This would be a great way to make use of a mysterious, enigmatic area like this, while at the same time conveniently replacing Dream World. Essentially knocking two birds out with one stone. It would be awesome, as well.

However, I disagree with people who suggest that such an area be more common. It's supposed to be rare, people! If everybody gets to find it within about three playthroughs, that would be terribly boring.

Sirfetch’d

I would love to see this return because it was such a neat feature in RSE(even though I was never lucky enough to find it). However, I think the method of it appearing and the diversity of species both need to be better.

Guy

just a guy
Years
However, I disagree with people who suggest that such an area be more common. It's supposed to be rare, people! If everybody gets to find it within about three playthroughs, that would be terribly boring.
It doesn't necessarily have to be easier to find, but as jellicentfan1 pointed out, the method of finding it should definitely be altered. There are still people who have yet to come across Mirage Island in RSE, myself included, and to me that's just a sign that it was made far too difficult to find even if it was meant to be a rare location.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It would be the perfect location for finding Pokémon with their Hidden Abilities. However, the odds of finding it would definitely have to be higher than what it was in RSE. To this day, despite the number of times I've played my Ruby, I've never been able to see Mirage Island.

!!! Hidden abilities of rare Pokemon would make it 10x more desired. Imagine if they didn't say it was specific, and rather you found it out on your own when exploring, making it like a real treat.

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
I spent three and a half years checking that thing everyday... I traded with people and got a bunch of pokemon with different trainer ids too. Yet the only way I ever found it was by rigging it with my AR. Such a shame... I think that it would be great to have back, but it should be about the same as a shiny pokemon instead of a 1 in 65,535 chance...

Pinta77

I hope it comes back BUT with a much better reward or some sort of achievment for getting there.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Mirage Island was kind of a cool concept that was never really explained ingame so as a child I literally had no idea what was going on, haha. That island was really put in the wrong generation - in RSE I rarely traded with anyone but myself (lonely child) because you actually had to BE there with the person. But now with Wifi, it's sooo much easier to get more ID numbers and now Pokemon is actually pushing you to interact with others, so yeah, I actually do think it'll return somehow!

.. I'm also kind of hoping it won't return in XY, I'm holding out hope for an RSE remake, haha. ^_^

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Mirage Island was kind of a cool concept that was never really explained ingame so as a child I literally had no idea what was going on, haha. That island was really put in the wrong generation - in RSE I rarely traded with anyone but myself (lonely child) because you actually had to BE there with the person. But now with Wifi, it's sooo much easier to get more ID numbers and now Pokemon is actually pushing you to interact with others, so yeah, I actually do think it'll return somehow!

.. I'm also kind of hoping it won't return in XY, I'm holding out hope for an RSE remake, haha. ^_^

Maybe it won't be ID numbers because it's so easy now! It could be based upon your bonds maybe, the tighter bonds with Pokemon you have could increase changes of the island? idk.

Years
  • Age 23
  • No.
  • Seen May 1, 2014
Despite liking Hoenn,
I didn't like Mirage Islalnd, it's just full of Wynaut and a single liechi berry.
There's no point at all.
But I hope it returns to Gen VI being better than in Gen III.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Instead of an island similar to Mirage Island... how about we have a place that disappears and reappears in the same way as Mirage Island, but isn't an island at all.

How about we have a place inside a forest that you'd normally navigate through during your adventure, and that special place only appears deep within the forest on very special conditions or special days? Just imagine the forest being somewhat similar to the Lost Woods from the Zelda games in how you have to go in certain directions in order to reach your destination, but as for that special place deep within the forest... the directions you'd have to go in will change every time that special day arrives or that special condition.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
In my honest opinion mirage island in generation was a massive flop because it appeared so rarely it was something I never bothered about trying to find I never went to speak to the old man after I spoke to him the first time to see if the island had reappeared to me it was a totally useless island you could catch level 5-50 Wynauts which to me is stupid as you receive a Wynaut egg early on in the game so why you would need another one is beyond me and the only other thing on the island is a berry for increasing ones attack stat which again is something totally unneeded in the game.

Adding in special easter eggs is a huge hope of mine within the pokemon games however they need to remember an easter egg is supposed to be something cool and exciting such as the secret key in platinum where a captured Rotom could have it's form changed but the generation 3 mirage island was just massively boring and didn't interest me at all! Maybe if I couldn't of had the Wynaut egg early on in the game I would be forced into finding the island as I would need a Wynaut for my pokedex but I didn't so there was no point, if they were to incorporate some sort of island within the game I would expect it to be a place where a legendary pokemon or a very rare pokemon would be hiding away even the possibility of a cave system with some interesting features would peak my interest but a boring island with 1 pokemon and a berry certainly wouldn't.

To me the mirage tower in the Desert part of emerald was more interesting as I got a chance to obtain a fossil pokemon and when playing the game for the first time seeing that tower disappear and reappear was something which took me by surprise and made me very curious.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
If they do include something like this I hope it's not an island.

I keep thinking it would be interesting (and bizarre) if they had a town which was on a mechanism that flipped every day. So one town would be usable above ground and the other would be dormant underground (but you could still go down there like it's a cave) One version of the town is a quiet country town and the other is a bustling city scene. That would be strange.

Don't know where that idea came from. XD

T-Zombie

The End (?)
Years

If they do put something like this they should put a Celebi on it with a move that lets you speed up time so you could go to mirage island any time you like to

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Instead of an island similar to Mirage Island... how about we have a place that disappears and reappears in the same way as Mirage Island, but isn't an island at all.

How about we have a place inside a forest that you'd normally navigate through during your adventure, and that special place only appears deep within the forest on very special conditions or special days? Just imagine the forest being somewhat similar to the Lost Woods from the Zelda games in how you have to go in certain directions in order to reach your destination, but as for that special place deep within the forest... the directions you'd have to go in will change every time that special day arrives or that special condition.

Deep forest could also have rarer items than an island good too because they seem harder to find!

I mean that's kind of how I thought Entralink would work, really ;x

If they do put something like this they should put a Celebi on it with a move that lets you speed up time so you could go to mirage island any time you like to

That means a free Celebi and I'm not sure they wanna give them away that easily :(

Back