• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Favourite Pokémon.... :>

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
Years
i love LOTS of Gen IV pokémon! , but to mention a few,
Lucario
Riolu
Gallade
Magmortar
Electivire
Garchomp
(and for some reason) Porygon-Z

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
It's really difficult for me to pick one favorite. I love a handful of legendaries, like Cresselia, Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus. I appreciate Gliscor, Honchkrow, Togekiss, and Yanmega for providing much needed evolutions to some of the coolest 2nd generation Pokemon. I quite like Staraptor, Luxray, and Lumineon for their cries as well.

Years
Togekiss is my absolute 4th Gen fave for same reasons as stated by Windy. But again, Staraptor is also a close fave of mine due to being so powerful for an early bird. Ambipom and Chimchar line also get notable mentions because I love monkeys (hence why I pick Chimchar in most of my playthroughs) but I love Piplup line as well. Pachirisu, Happiny, Buneary and Stunky are also among my fave cuties from Sinnoh. And who can't forget that badassery known as Lucario? Yeah he's one of my loves too.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
It wouldn't be fair to say Lucario since it's my favorite Pokemon, so I'll go with either Drifblim since it's so adorable or Empoleon since Piplup was my starter in my first Fourth Generation game, Pokemon Diamond. I always thought Empoleon was the coolest second stage evolution in the Fourth Generation and I still stand by it. Also, Water/Steel is a rad type, yo.

Years
Most of my favorite 4th gen Pokemon were actually just evolutions of those from a previous generation (Mismagius, Weavile, Togekiss, Porygon-Z and Froslass), but I did enjoy Rotom, Drifblim, Lucario and Empoleon as well.

Actually the more I think about it, I realized that I've used 8 out of 9 of those Pokemon in either the fifth or sixth gen games, which surprises me a bit. The only one I haven't used beyond Platinum is Empoleon, and that's because I'm not a fan of moving my starter Pokemon from their original game unless I'm restarting.

Outlier

Infernape. For its badass design and the fact that it's based off the legend of Son Goku which inspired my favorite Shounen/Anime/Manga ever, Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z!

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
Years
Rotom. It's just...unique. It possesses household appliances, and turns them all crazy xD (proof in the anime, if I remember).

I also liked Torterra, Garchomp and Gastrodon. All pretty awesome Ground-types, with the last one being cute, too. The first 2 are phenomenal physical attackers, while Gastro is bulky and can absorb water moves.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
My favorite 4th generation Pokémon is Shaymin.

I love how Shaymin changes he's form into ground or flying.
Shaymin is cute and he look like an deer when in flying form and he looks like a headhog when it is in he's ground form.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Infernape. For its badass design and the fact that it's based off the legend of Son Goku which inspired my favorite Shounen/Anime/Manga ever, Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z!
Ha Ha, nice, I feel the same about him.

Dereck_S

Veteran
Years
Scizor, I never used him before and then I decided on my first playthrough of HG I would use a 3-mon team of Espeon, Umbreon, and Scizor... I had no idea about technician before using it and I must say Bullet Punch alone destroyed whatever I needed it too.

blue

gucci
Years
I loved most of the cross-generation evolutions that Generation IV introduced, particularly Mismagius, Froslass, Roserade, Honchkrow & Yanmega.

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
I could make a full list, but it would probably end up being almost the entire generation. As others have said, I also liked many of the new evolutions to old pokémon introduced, such as Magnezone and Porygon-Z. My most favorite from this generation is Toxicroak, followed by Garchomp. But again, I liked many MANY from this gen.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
EVERY SINGLE POKEMON IS MY FAVORITE. well i like all the Pokemon but I like Dialgia the most cause it has a unique history and a unique shape and design. It can control the time. Its too different.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
Perhaps Togekiss. Out of all the pokemon who received a sinnoh evolution, Togetic was the most deserving of one. It wasn't just its strenght being underwhelming; it's small size--and even its name ("Togechick") implies that it was never fully grown up.

Togekiss got Aura Sphere, which really gave it amazing coverage. Togetic's entries mention how it appears before kindhearted people, as if it could sense their auras, so it even makes sense. Its design is based off of a dove, a bird representing peace, which didn't have any pokemon based off of it at the same. Everything about Togekiss just tied-in with each other soooooo well.

Back