• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who remembers Pokemon Stadium 2???

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I distinctly remember Nidoqueen being disturbing. :|

I loved the heck out of the photo mode in Stadium 1, even if I never took my game to Blockbuster to print the pics out. The main campaign I remember being really hard, or hard enough anyway.

But if anything, I learned what Pokemon moves would look like in real time (even if they aren't all consistent in subsequent appearances). Thunder Wave still makes more sense to me as electric pulse waves to however it ended up looking in RSE and Pokemon Colloseum. Shadow Ball as well. That move looked so wicked cool in PS2, and it was demoted to black goo with sparkles in Colloseum. Weak.

I also learned that if you rename your Pokemon, you get... recolors. Guess it's official. :P But seriously, at least it added a unique touch to your Pokemon.

What I would have preferred, though, was a Pokemon equivalent to Mario Party, because clearly the best thing about either Stadium games was the Minigames. I don't think the Pokemon were ever shown with such personality in 3D since the fact (especially in PS1), though to be fair, I've never played the Hey You Pikachu esque games. It's even more strange considering some Pokemon showed less emotion in the exact same game during the battles. I still get a kick out of Voltorb's victory animation in the electric minigame.

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
OMG, I owned the Gym Leader tower, once I put my team on the game, I actually felt like a Pokemon trainer lol

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
I could never win any of the cups whatsoever, and I always felt like a failure... I just mostly played the minigames and the free battles, cause I could win those :P

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Oh yeah, I forgot about free battle. Fun against friends, or if you just felt like rigging yourself a win.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I used to go to my cousin's place and literally own everybody in the mini games and the battles xD

Now they don't play it anymore, they mostly play CoD... shame really :(

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
It was alright. For the most part I only touched it for the mini-games.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I never got Stadium 1 but I loved 2. I think I still have that and a Nintendo 64 in the shed, actually. Nevertheless, it was so much fun!! I got really good at the Clefairy game, and I loved the Lickitung game I found that hilarious. Oh and the Hoop Hurl I was good at too! And Rattata. Oh and Magikarp. But everything else I wasn't amazing at, owait no I was good at Hardening. Nvm I'm a genius.

As for the actual battles I don't remember how well I did but it was still really fun! I remember uhh, Lapras using Surf in a field thing? That's all. XD;

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Wait. All those games you mentioned are from Pokemon Stadium 1. But...

Are you sure you don't have that backwards?

Name convention, for example in Japan Stadium 1 is called Stadium 2, and their Stadium 1 was never released in the West. Our Stadium 2 is called (I think) Stadium GS in Japan.

Well I loved Stadium, so much that I went very far into the games and bred teams specifically for the cups. Best console Pokémon game ever made!

I was good at the log-cutting minigame, too. If you had a Scizor in your cart, you could actually use Scizor instead of Scyther or Pinsir.

~CreamyChoco~

Happy new year to everyone
Years
OoOoOoo 90u remember it :) it is a really nice game i finished it once it was a great feeling :)

pokemanmdj

Random Passerby
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
I really love the Stadium games! 1 a tad more than 2, but they're fantastic, nonetheless. I loved all the variety and all the choices you had, and the rental Pokemon and- everything. I loved about everything in those games.

I just wish they could make another one. Not like the one they had for the Wii- Battle Revolution, but one where you'd have those mini-games, random stadium condition battles and the Gym Leader castle system. Basically, everything the Stadium games had.

Years
I really love the Stadium games! 1 a tad more than 2, but they're fantastic, nonetheless. I loved all the variety and all the choices you had, and the rental Pokemon and- everything. I loved about everything in those games.

I just wish they could make another one. Not like the one they had for the Wii- Battle Revolution, but one where you'd have those mini-games, random stadium condition battles and the Gym Leader castle system. Basically, everything the Stadium games had.

I TOTALLY agree. I loved the format of the Stadium games and wish they would come out with something exactly like them now. It would be a great addition and since there are a ton more Pokemon currently, it would make it that much more fun!! (:

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
Of course I remember Stadium 2! Back when the Nintendo 64 (along with an Xbox I never used) was my only video game console, I would play Stadium 2 all the time. I also had Stadium 1, Hey You Pikachu, and Pokemon Snap. I actually still have all of them; I think I'll play them all today, because from what I remember they were all really fun. Except Hey You Pikachu. That game was infuriating; I had no idea what you were supposed to be doing! I think the only thing I could accomplish on Hey You Pikachu was that one mission (is that what they're called?) with the Caterpie and Butterfree. Maybe the one with the Poliwags too...?

Anyway, what I really just loved about the old Pokemon N64 games—and what I still love about them, actually—is the fact it really feels like you're living in the Pokemon world, which is what I longed for as a kid (and I still think it'd be cool, right?). The 3D felt amazing. And, I felt the 3D games were able to recreate the atmosphere of the original anime, which was one of my all-time favorite aspects of the Pokemon series. I didn't even play the mainstream Pokemon games back then; my first mainstream Pokemon game was Platinum.

Apparently everybody on this thread dislikes Pokemon Battle Revolution. I've only played it once or twice, and I don't own it, so I'm going to maintain a neutral opinion towards it, but I think the atmosphere was great—in a different way. Looking back, I didn't even realize how crappy the graphics were until now, but I still think that I appreciate the new modern atmosphere. Typically I treasure the older generations of Pokemon for a feeling of nostalgia and quaintness, while I treasure the newer generations for a feeling of adventure and exploration.

Oh, and the minigames of both Stadiums! I absolutely adored the minigames—I still do. When I was a little kid I didn't understand the mechanics of Pokemon battles, so I normally lost all the Cups. But the minigames were so much fun... I think I'll play them with my brother soon. (They were multiplayer, right? I'm forgetting the details!)

Last edited:

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 28, 2018
Well, I never played Stadium 2, but I do remember Stadium 1 - I still own it. :D

I loved the mini-games and whatnot, it's always fun to play. Although I remember when I played it, I could never beat the Elite Four. >.< The Champion beat me to bits...

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
Heck yes! I'd imagine it'd be on a Wii U though, which I don't have. Ahahaha.

I'd love it on 3DS though.

I don't really think the 3DS would make sense as a platform for a Stadium game though; I think handhelds are better suited for mainstream Pokemon games. Since Stadium games are really just watered down (obviously with their own perks, though) Pokemon games made for non-portable consoles. If Stadium were to be on a handheld, I'd rather play a mainstream game with a more solid plot and developed overworld. But I wouldn't want to play a mainstream Pokemon game on a non-portable console, either.

I guess, in my opinion, it's all a matter of casual playing vs. non-casual playing.

Last edited:
Back