• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Light Version [Beta 1 Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Still Here

A message to the masses:
I still have a great desire to work on my hack, but due to an obsessively large workload of life outside of hacking, i.e. McDonalds, School( 3 Ap Classes and Honors Classes), teaching theology once a week, coupled with my social life; The free time I had available, compared to this year is much less then last year. However, I have been doing some progress here and there, and I have decided to release an update for you guys. I hope you like the screen shots, and comment on them.

Note:
Thanks to HESPAS I have the next 3 days to work on my hack :D
So hopefully I will get a lot done in that time
To recap some points to answer all of the latest post I did not reply to:

• All grammar and spelling mistakes will be fixed by the release, so please no more comments on grammar/spelling(Especially if you lack spelling/grammar qualities in your post critiquing the grammer/spelling mistakes; hypocritical)
  • I am still hard at work with this hack, and hope to progress father in it this hack is in no way dead, or ended
  • Any sprites that are from the original FR are just placeholders
  • As to the release of a beta, your bet is as good as mine XD:
    I want a substantial amount of work to be finished for the beta, while making sure there is no embarrassing mistakes left.
Now for the screen shots:

LS47.png

To bad the police thought you were apart of the gang
LS48.png

Time to call up Pr. Layton for some help
LS49.png

I'm Free!
LS50.png

Now which way is Meteor Shower City
LS51.png

This is actually a pretty nice building :)
LS52.png

Time to explore route 5
LS53.png

LS54.png

Oh look, route 6, I wounder where it goes. . .
LS55.png

To bad I don't have surf, but at least there is a cave entrance.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2013
Note:

• All grammar and spelling mistakes will be fixed by the release, so please no more comments on grammar/spelling(Especially if you lack spelling/grammar qualities in your post critiquing the grammer/spelling mistakes; hypocritical)
  • I am still hard at work with this hack, and hope to progress father in it this hack is in no way dead, or ended
    I want a substantial amount of work to be finished for the beta, while making sure there is no embarrassing mistakes left.
Wow, I'm glad your back! You hack looks amazing! Also, do whats important first. Make sure your school work and your job come before anything else. I made that mistake last year... and I am paying for it this year. Anyways, Keep at it! Your hack will go down in history!

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Wow, I'm glad your back! You hack looks amazing! Also, do whats important first. Make sure your school work and your job come before anything else. I made that mistake last year... and I am paying for it this year. Anyways, Keep at it! Your hack will go down in history!
Will do, I got into Rutgers University, so the rest of senior year should be a little bit easier.

I like the updates you have here! I [think] I know where you got the name for the Versailles Bridge, but I might be wrong. The tiles are really nice and I like the different features you have in this hack.
The city in france, I get a lot of names for the cities from real cities I learned about in AP European History

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
Years
  • Seen yesterday
A message to the masses:
I still have a great desire to work on my hack, but due to an obsessively large workload of life outside of hacking, i.e. McDonalds, School( 3 Ap Classes and Honors Classes), teaching theology once a week, coupled with my social life; The free time I had available, compared to this year is much less then last year. However, I have been doing some progress here and there, and I have decided to release an update for you guys. I hope you like the screen shots, and comment on them.

Note:

Now for the screen shots:

LS47.png

To bad the police thought you were apart of the gang
LS48.png

Time to call up Pr. Layton for some help
LS49.png

I'm Free!
LS50.png

Now which way is Meteor Shower City
LS51.png

This is actually a pretty nice building :)
LS52.png

Time to explore route 5
LS53.png

LS54.png

Oh look, route 6, I wounder where it goes. . .
LS55.png

To bad I don't have surf, but at least there is a cave entrance.

Good news then and i'm amazed on how great you are at multitasking without going bunkers. Wish you the best in luck.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
New Update

So now after a week of touch ups, I finished the work I completed over the HSPA break. Here it is:

LS56.png

There as been a suicune siting down at the swamp near route 7
LS57.png

Do you like the trees, originally purple from Loz I changed the pallet to fit more of a swamp feel. I really like the pallets, but I would love any opinions on it. :D
LS58.png

Since the islands are so close, you can jump from one, to an other.
LS59.png

Look the thorns.
LS60.png

Water thorns
LS61.png

Suicune ran off into the ancient cave, time to follow it.

Last edited:

Melash

Back for now.
Years
I don't really follow more than one or two hacks on here, but this is quite impressive. It's very original and professional, I really like it. The screenshots are looking great and you seem to providing updates as best as you can. I look forward to this games release I think I'll give it a shot when it is.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Thank you very much for your kind words; and yes speedy updates is something I aim for, and thankfully summer is getting closer, so more free time from Rom Hacking. =D

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2023
Wow it seems like a pretty cool hack, i will support this, and is there a download link, or only for beta tester?

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2023
Wow this looks like an awesome hack!
Can't wait to play it, if you need a beta tester, contact me :)

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2016
awesome work

i cant wait to play it this hack has the best graphics of all fire red hacks
and one more thing if u plan on beta release please dont release 1gym beta
atleast make it to 4gym and in beta 2 8gyms we will wait as long as it takes

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2013
where is the download? I would really like to play it but i cant find it any where
please help

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
So now after a week of touch ups, I finished the work I completed over the HSPA break. Here it is:

LS56.png

There as been a suicune siting down at the swamp near route 7
LS57.png

Do you like the trees, originally purple from Loz I changed the pallet to fit more of a swamp feel. I really like the pallets, but I would love any opinions on it. :D
LS58.png

Since the islands are so close, you can jump from one, to an other.
LS59.png

Look the thorns.
LS60.png

Water thorns
LS61.png

Suicune ran off into the ancient cave, time to follow it.

Zelda the minish cap tiles? Interesting idea, looking forward to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back