• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[NEW 8/2/14] Pokémon Gen 1: Gotta Ketchum All! Episode 6

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Mar 8, 2015
New Episode! It's been awhile, life and other things got in the way, but I'm here. I'm still on a path towards 151! Working on some overhaul as I go, but I'm close to having a few ready in advance.

Episode 1! The Start
Spoiler:

Episode 2! Blue Monday
Spoiler:

Episode 3! Redemption

Spoiler:

Episode 4! A Pokébug's Life
Spoiler:

Episode 5! Let's Get Physical
Spoiler:

Episode 6! Over the Mt. Moon
Spoiler:

Episode 7! Seeing Blue
Spoiler:

Episode 8! Test Your Might! (and Patience)

I must say thank you to the PokéCommunity for allowing us to have an outlet to show our creations!

Last edited:

TurboHammer

Turbo
Years
Hey VG! I think your Pacing is a little slow. BUT! You have a great voice for commentary, and you seem pretty witty which will do well with older audiences. Not so much for younger audiences, but it is really just circumstantial haha. I found that More successful gaming channels seem to ride between the line of extremely upbeat to being hyped up on smack if you know what I mean? haha. Anyways I hope it goes well for you! I'll hit you up with a subscription and gave you a like! Hope we make it man!

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Mar 8, 2015
Thanks for the feedback, TurboHammer!

There's definitely a balance I'm trying to strike, pacing wise. I'm still perfecting it. It gets better as I go making these. It's also why I cut down the episodes to 15 minutes. Highlight moments for wit, key moments in progress or when a Pokémon is caught. There are definitely different schools of thought, on it for sure!

Good luck to yourself as well!

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Mar 8, 2015
The 4th episode is now live!

Shoutout to Turbo for the formatting idea to keep the main post clean. I hope you like the episodes and enjoy!

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Mar 8, 2015
Updated the main post for Episode 5! No background audio, as I forgot to turn on audio capture in the software >< d'oh! It will be back with Episode 6!

Shdwj

Excuse me?
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2016
Hey, man! Nice job so far, keep up the good work. If it's all right, I'd like to give you some feedback from what I've seen so far.

Continue to develop confidence in your commentary through constant practice. Your commentary was by no means bad, don't get me wrong. However, you didn't really say much during your video. Let's Play commentary isn't necessarily limited to reactions to what goes on in the game--talk about the game itself (the features, the design, the story etc.). Give your thoughts on different things within the game as they come up. You were doing a bit of that but try to learn to keep a steady and smooth commentary going. You can even talk about other things related to the game. I've found that even telling stories can be good. The thing is, with Let's Play, for the most part, your commentary--your personality--is why people will stick around. This is why it's very important that you continue to practice speaking your mind, and speaking your mind clearly. :)

You've got a good idea for an LP going on here. Seriously, maybe it's just me and I haven't searched enough Pokemon Let's Plays, but this is really the first Pokemon video that I've seen that with the goal of catching all 151 Pokemon. It's not necessary, but it's good that you have a unique goal that sets your videos apart from other LPs. It's a simple idea--and really, your LP is still a playthrough of Pokemon Red--but it's still something that somewhat sets your videos apart.

Good job with maintaining a good video length. I find that 15-20 minute videos are ideal. Not everyone has long enough attention spans to watch 30 minute videos, and 15-20 minutes is enough time to get a good amount of progress done within most games.

Good job with editing. The little cuts that you do were nice and your animation at the end of the videos that shows the Pokemon you've caught looks nice.

I hope that you might find this feedback helpful. Keep up the good work! :)

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Mar 8, 2015
Shdwj,

First and foremost, I appreciate all the feedback!

I'm still working the balance between talk and things, besides catching things I wanted to be more silly and whimsical with my commentary as I figured the "market" was saturated with informative how to let's plays or stuff. But this hasn't fallen on deaf ears. I'll continue to tweak and maybe add a new wrinkle or two in.

I appreciate the kind words about the focus. Everyone always plays through a game, but I always thought the actual game was the side game to catching them all, as a kid. I never had the opportunity to share and trade back then, but now I do. So it's kinda fun to see what it had been like if I did.

I agree on video length, sometimes I feel 15-20 is too long. With your feedback and some not before it's "dead" postmortem thinking makes me wonder if I should adjust the video style mid-way. If so it will still continue with goofiness, but maybe allow for more shenanigans. It's just a matter of do I want to get away from just being absurd include factual stuff in. ~_~

Again, thank you for the kind words on the editing. Which is my main focus is to work on presentation for things. I really try to cut out the mundane stuff like grass swimming and grinding levels out of digletts until I've dug a hole to the other side of the pokéworld! But with edits and cuts, it does leave leave awkward transitions.

Again it's all food for thought, and thanks again!

PS: I gave you a subscribe. Look forward to seeing your work!

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Mar 8, 2015
Uploaded episode 6! Taken some of the critques given and have adjusted. Hopefully it shows!

Thanks again for checking it out and providing feedback everyone!

midknightvortex

PokeArtist
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 7, 2014
I feel a little bit more energy from you which is great! something your missing thogh is an intro, I dont mean a video intro but more like where you say "Hey whats up guys" or something to us the viewers haha

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Mar 8, 2015
I'll take that under advisement, midknightvortex. Thank you again for the feedback!

midknightvortex

PokeArtist
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 7, 2014
I'll take that under advisement, midknightvortex. Thank you again for the feedback!

No problem, remember, as commentators we need to try and build a relationship with our viewers! Doesnt have to be too personal, but enough for the viewers to feel like they know you at least a little.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Mar 8, 2015
I can't update titles anymore, but Episode 7 is live. It's been a delay due to some things going on in life that come first. Please enjoy, probably the strongest episode narration wise.

Back