• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.95 Open Beta

Lyzak

wishes he had a Hacking Team
Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2012
Is it possible to use more than 2 tile pallets per map?

Actually, come to think of it... is that possible in version 1.92? I know you can have two pallets open at once, but does changing a pallet while both pallets are in use cause errors?

Complans

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2015
Is it possible to use more than 2 tile pallets per map?

Actually, come to think of it... is that possible in version 1.92? I know you can have two pallets open at once, but does changing a pallet while both pallets are in use cause errors?

You can only have 2 pallets in a map at once.

If you change a pallet, your map will might go messy.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Question, if you apply the DAS will you be able change both the day, and night wild pokemon data. (If you apply a different pokemon, at different times)

Complans

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2015
Question, if you apply the DAS will you be able change both the day, and night wild pokemon data. (If you apply a different pokemon, at different times)

Hm? I'm pretty sure Gen III didn't have that feature.. it was Gen II and it's remakes..

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
Years
@Thrasher24: you can download all old versions on my Page/version history of AM: http://ampage.no-ip.info
And AdvanceMap made a backup "*.bak" and also a Dated Backup of your rom "*_20110320_180000.bak" (or something like this [date_time]) of your rom (see your rom's folder), so you can use them, and haven't do begin from scratch!
AM don't every time make dated Backups (only all 14 days) so do it manually (file->create backup) if you have done important changes to your rom...

@NarutoActor: Such a function "is already in" the 1.95 beta, but is deactivted.
The Problem is, the ASM function for it is not finished, so it wouldn't work on playing the game...

Last edited:

Complans

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2015
How do i test a custom map w.o going through the game? (do it in editor, or through editor (AM 1.92))

I think other people do it another way, but what I do is walk through walls cheat + fast forward to the map you want.

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
Years
Ooo, an update, nice. :D I'll go check this out. :)

Guys! Is it just me or has this version of advance map shown more beta maps? There looks like there's a few more Sevii Island maps. Under Connections List Unknown Map (CL:261) there's one of the ones I'm talking about, I don't recall having seen a similar map like it.

Last edited:

Complans

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2015
oh, well im trying to edit the Trainer Tower map and trying to connect it to a custom map.

Hmm, well in the starting town maybe add a temporary door somewhere that warps to the place you want to test, you could change it every time you want to test something different.

Years
Okay I think this is a bug with AMap, as everytime I go into this one map, it gives me an error saying that $FFFFFFFF is not an existing pointer, or something along those lines. If I try to leave the map, it prompts me to save my wild Pokémon data despite me not touching it at all. So when I go and check the wild Pokémon data, I remove one which had no data in it (it was Water), go onto another map, return, and it gives me the error again and the wild Pokémon data hasn't changed, despite me saving the map AND saying yes when it prompted me to save the wild Pokémon data when leaving the map. In game, the map works fine.

Bela

Banned
Years
Ooo, an update, nice. :D I'll go check this out. :)

Guys! Is it just me or has this version of advance map shown more beta maps? There looks like there's a few more Sevii Island maps. Under Connections List Unknown Map (CL:261) there's one of the ones I'm talking about, I don't recall having seen a similar map like it.

yeah I noticed this as well. There's about five or six maps that seem to resemble the beta Sevii Isle maps. How many were they intending to include? Viewable also is what looked like map footer data for Seafoam Islands/Three Island Path.

Anyway I like how the overworlds now face in different directions and the map connections preview is also a very nice addition! =)

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
Years
yeah I noticed this as well. There's about five or six maps that seem to resemble the beta Sevii Isle maps. How many were they intending to include? Viewable also is what looked like map footer data for Seafoam Islands/Three Island Path.

Anyway I like how the overworlds now face in different directions and the map connections preview is also a very nice addition! =)

I've heard of some labeled 23 and 24 but not sure they'd really have 24 islands. Just a shame there seems to be no way to make them work. :(

Back