• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your least favorite type of pokemon?

Years
Rock, never really been a big fan of these. Only really like Onix.
I'm not to keen on Bug or Poison type Pokemon either.

Years
Least favorite types would have to be Poison, Rock, and Ghost. I'm no competitive battler, but I can offer my tidbits on why I don't like these:

Poison doesn't offer much of a playstyle other than tanking, for the most part. Plus the massive defensive stats give me problems in almost every situation. In addition, it barely has any weaknesses and no type advantage (except against Grass but Grass is weak to almost everything D: )

Rock is weak to a multitude of types. Their massive defense is usually offset by the amount of weaknesses it has. In addition, Rock-types are usually slow and don't fit my normal playstyles. Tyranitar is probably the only exception to this criticism. (I mean, seriously, it's a powerhouse!)

Never found the need to use Ghost-types...even though it has 2 immunities. Ghost offers no type advantages except against Psychic types (which are also weak to Bug and Dark, which I use quite often) and itself. Ghost also cannot damage Normal-types. Ghost moves are also lacking, mainly because I don't use status-inflicting moves during gameplay. Most of the time there is no need to use Ghost types, when there are other options that my team can use. (Although I think under these conditions, Normal could also fit into my list of disliked types but Normal-type Pokemon can learn a LOT of different moves in most cases)

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Normal-types. So durable and their ATK stats are usually ridiculous and make it a pain in the butt for early-game. (IE. Raticate, Watchhog and Herdier/Stoutland.)

MistressShiki

~Dragon~
Years
  • Age 27
  • NJ
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Uggg, water. I always dread having to choose a water type for my team. None of them really stand out to me. (Good thing dragons can learn surf XD)

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
The Bug-type sucks, but I say that in an in-game sense -- competitively, Bug has U-turn, Genesect, Volcarona, Durant and other examples of sonewhat decent (and cool) Pokemon to use. In-game, though, most of the Bug-types you see are utter jokes -- and there are way too many Bug / Flying-types. Seriously.

Back