• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2009] Pokémon: Azure Horizons

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
Hey everyone. I think it's time to say that beta 1 is near completion. All I need to do is fix up some text and things like that. All of the events are finished.

Now, there's something that held me back a little. I decided to completely scrap Azure City's gym and relocate the 1st gym to another location. With that, I also changed the gym's type too along with a completely new leader. I had to completely redo the 1st gym but it was really fun and I feel that it's way better than the former first gym. So here are some screens, enjoy.

Spoiler:

Sprite was made by me.

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I may not know much about spriting but that's a darn good sprite!
After all this time, you still have me eager to play that beta. Hopefully it'll be out before I go on vacation. How long is the beta (in terms of gyms)?

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
Years
Seems like a very simple hack. Let me know when beta is out or if you need a tester. Other then that, it seems pretty nice.

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
Frostbite will the Team Tundra sprites be in Beta 2 along with the hero overworlds?
I just said that I'm not focusing on overworlds at the moment. :s

Anyway, everything is almost finished. I'm not a fan of giving out relase dates but I'm pretty confident that I'll be finished soon. The first beta for Azure Horizons will be out July 20, 2009 today!!

Last edited:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Hmm... I really hope you can make that release date, as I'm sure I'm not the first to say that this is my favourite hack on PC. Everything about this hack is just perfect, if you are need for help I would love to help you. :D

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
Screenshots on the first page are updated with the new hero, I'm also preparing the thread for the beta 1 release. Please read the release notes. :X

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I like the new hero overworld, and it's nice to see that you edited the frame which plays when you use an HM.
By the way, there are some tile errors on the mountain in the south-west corner of the screenshot that is in your signature. I'll be sure to report any others I see while playing the beta as well ;)

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2009
I really like the screen shots; makes me eager for the first beta to be released. Seems to me that you put a lot of effort into this. Can't wait for more updates.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Wow, the new hero overworld sprite is quite nice! This is one of the first hacks in which I am fine with the spriting style that you've chosen to implement. ;) This looks like it'll be quite an enjoyable hack to play, and I simply can't wait to play it. Very good job, again. :D

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
Alright everyone, good news. I was really bored and decided to stay up a little and finish up eveything and I did. So, I'm happy to say that after all this time beta 1 is now complete! All I need to do is create a patch and do some other things. The patch will be released later today... I'm really excited to release this. :)

Years
Awesome! I can't wait for the beta. I like the similarities to Emerald and DPP. By the way Azure Horizons is one of the best rom hack names I've seen for a rom hack ever.

Last edited:

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
Years
This is one of the only hacks I'm really interested in playing. I downloaded the beta and all I can say is, "wow". Azure Horizons does not disappoint.

While playing, I found a few errors:

f_mperror1m_2c9849c.png

You can walk on the flower pot in the player's room.

f_mperror2m_59e2244.png

Some movement permissions are missing in the player's house.

f_mperror3m_c0df29f.png

It's possible to avoid the grassy patch there by walking through the ledge.

f_mperror4m_0240a8a.png

The player is blocked to his right. The wrong movement permission is used.

f_worldmaperrm_be12c2c.png

As you can see, Gordian Town is highlighted. While looking at the Town Map in Gordian town, the player appears on the far right side of the map.

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
Alright, thanks.
I know about the world map error, it still has the position data of Kanto's world map. I'll get to changing that later on.

The movement position errors have been fixed. If you've already downloaded the game, download the new file on the first page and patch it to your rom to fix the errors.

Edit: Problem with the 2 Water Pulse TMs resolved, movement errors fixed.

Last edited:
Back