• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate The Signature Of the Person Above You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
1/10

Well, uh, where to start? First off, all the images are in really poor quality, and the ones that are tiny or had been smooshed to fit look even worse. The lighting also varies per image, and while this sometimes looks fine on tags/other signatures, it does not here. To top it off, the pink text is also in really poor quality, and I'm guessing the whole thing was made on MS Paint, which I've found automatically lowers the quality if saved as anything but a PNG. The only thing that turned out decently, in my opinion, is the text in the upper right-hand corner, but it's small enough so that I can't be completely sure.

So! Here's some advice if you want to use multiple images in a signature: Make them into 100 x 100 or larger square icons, kind of like my signature. Also make sure not to upload images directly onto PC (unless they're being uploaded into an album), as that also detracts the quality. Sites like Tinypic or Imgur will allow you to upload images without having to make an account. And if you do not want low quality images, use Ctrl + Printscreen or Command + Control + Shift + 3 if you're on a Mac to copy your desktop, then resize and crop and save the image as a PNG. Alternatively, download a free image manipulator such as Gimp (or pirate PS or w/e) and use that instead. As for any text you may want, CSS is always a good option and you can learn how to use CSS on here via the CSS Discussion Thread over in the Web Master's Discussion (or w/e it's called) in the Life, the Universe, and Everything section.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
9/10 Icon sigs are lovely. The music is a nice touch. Font colors are nice and from the icons. I'm not quite liking the font shadows, though. They'll grow on me eventually.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
The banner is overall good. I like the colors, and the font is very catchy. I'd prefer it aligned to the center, regardless, however, 7.5/10.

Kaioken

FireRed
Years
Great quicklinks, changing text, HD pictures and overall a very dynamic banner.

Although the words move a bit too fast bringing it down by 2 points, still great overall!

8/10

Echidna

Years
Thanks!~ :D

Magicarp channel, funny. Lawl.
Pokemon and Is that dragonball?...
Nice effect, has your name, centered(Just how I like it)

However it's too simple, and not too catchy. The text above it is barely visible, you should let the text have default theme color. I'd also like it if it were bordered. So 6/10.

Pudz

Incredible Edible Vegetarian
Years
I love the subtle transition between the scenes. It takes what might have otherwise been a fairly ordinary lyrics signature and elevates it to something really very special.

9/10

Echidna

Years
8.5/10

The expressions on their faces are priceless. I love the art, and the stripe and tilt effects are great. Nice alignment towards the right you got there :)

Ninja'd

Well, it's a bad quality gif. Pointless black regions on either of the sides, and the bottom. Too fast, eye hurtful.
2/10

Last edited:
Years
5/10
It just looks a bit bland really. I'm all for simple signatures but maybe this one is a bit too simple? I'd maybe go for some colour to the links and doing something with the quote, maybe italics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back