• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: The Nightmare

gsorby

Pokémon Spiritanium Creator
Years
Hey everyone, stay tuned because I will revamp the thread at 5pm (UK Time, 11 Feb 10)

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
i like the storyline, sort of like PMD2 ;) .
i think you can use your blurry tiles in game :) .
if you enter a dream with some machine a prof makes use those tiles or vsing the monster causing bad dreams ;) .
and ... sorry if i just let out a spoiler

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 31, 2021
Not to sound like a nub but where'd you get the character graphics? I havn't been able to find any decent rips or resources to make any decent-looking characters. I need some badly for my game.

zane203

Zetsumei barer
Years
Ok This is all in my general OPINION
thats not really a "need" but what you have to do is if you are gonna mix them, you have to edit them all to blend together. you cant have some 8bit some 16bit and then some with full blown 300 resolution for HD O_o(which you dont but im just saying)

also from your screens, they look like good rips that were never finished =/. you can easily take the rips finish taking away the edge, get your color pallet and finish touching up the colors.

other than that keep moving dude ^_^ and dont let negativity keep you down. In the long run its YOUR game... if you're making it for you and just a benefit for others, then no real need to even take to heart, but to get better at least understand their view points dude.

-ZenOokami

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
The battle scene looks like it came from raptor, and why is poccil listed as your scripter?

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Wow! This is a huge improvement! I am really impressed. The battle scene doesss kind of look like raptor's. Other than that, it's flawless!

EDIT: Also, try to take your screenshots at 240x160 it looks cleaner for some reason.

gsorby

Years
Whoa whoa! People, I didn't steal Raptor's script! I saw it and I thought it looked cool so I threw together my own script. I also made my own resources to make it look like it. It's all made by me, NO copying of the scripts and NO copying of the resources. Since it's all made by me, technically it's not stealing...
and poccil has help me script some of my things, that's why he's my scripter.

www.spriters-resource.com you get loads of game sprites from there :)

Last edited:

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
Whoa whoa! People, I didn't steal Raptor's script! I saw it and I thought it looked cool so I threw together my own script. I also made my own resources to make it look like it. It's all made by me, NO copying of the scripts and NO copying of the resources. Since it's all made by me, technically it's not stealing...
and poccil has help me script some of my things, that's why he's my scripter.

www.spriters-resource.com you get loads of game sprites from there :)
Is there any way you can prove this to us? Such as posting the script(with some needed lines removed to prevent usage)
or PMing it to OG?
Better safe than sorry :P

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
I checked both scripts, and I saw both the filenames/paths were the same which I find extremely peculiar, I stopped there but somethings a bit whaley here.

gsorby

Years
How can that be, I have just had to download Raptor to solve this madness. You lied because the file names for his graphics are battlesel1 battle sel2, etc. and mine says battlerun battle bag battlepokemon. etc. Why cant you just accept that I MADE IT?

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2013
I for one am excited for this game, if only because I see you've added to the movepools of a few pokemon. In the end, I feel like a Pokemon game can have the prettiest graphics ever, but if the battles suck, it's just no fun.

So in that respect, I gotta give you some props. At least you're paying attention to the most important part of the game... the one that so many other games and hacks neglect!

gsorby

Years
Thanks for the good comment. At least you actually like MY battle system and you don't complain that I copied it. Thanks :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I believe you that you made the script yourself. However, the end result is exactly the same as Raptor's; although you may not have directly stolen from Raptor, it makes your game seem unoriginal and 'rip-off' of Raptor. You seem to have enough scripting skill to make your own system; why can't you make your own design as well?

gsorby

Years
To be honest, I am really bad at making graphics. The only reason the current buttons look so good is because of luck really :( Usually they would look terrible. Maybe I'll speak to OG about it.

Back