• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Nox Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
the evil teams make the game have some sort of story (even if its not that good) they are needed but if they are included make them have some originality other than all the grunts using poochyena and crap, make them have the required originality that allowed them to join said team. whether it be a zigzagoon and a ralts, or a zubat and sandile, make them be original.

i find a story in a pokemon game, being a big player of almost all of the pokemon mmorpgs they don't have a story just, beat the gyms, level your pokemon, daycare other peoples pokemon, and try to get asked to join their team, that's about all you see from the average pokemon mmorpg, with a story id definitively be hooked for a while, and i would actually enjoy the game for once.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
My opinions and a little screenshot...

News 12-07-2012

A little teaser:
Teaser.png

I need some feedback:

What is your stance on evil teams?
How important do you find the story in a Pokémon game?

If a few people could answer these questions that would be very much appreciated.

-khkramer
Good teaser. I like it!

As for the importance of the story in a Pokémon game, I'd have to say it needs a good one. Games have always had a place in my collection for their story. Especially RPGs. An RPG needs a story for it to be worth playing.
the evil teams make the game have some sort of story (even if its not that good) they are needed but if they are included make them have some originality other than all the grunts using poochyena and crap, make them have the required originality that allowed them to join said team. whether it be a zigzagoon and a ralts, or a zubat and sandile, make them be original.

i find a story in a pokemon game, being a big player of almost all of the pokemon mmorpgs they don't have a story just, beat the gyms, level your pokemon, daycare other peoples pokemon, and try to get asked to join their team, that's about all you see from the average pokemon mmorpg, with a story id definitively be hooked for a while, and i would actually enjoy the game for once.
I agree. If the game has a better story than the traditional "gotta catch 'em all!' trend, then I would definitely play it more. For instance, the reason I didn't get Black & White is not only because the Pokémon in are unoriginal to me (that's a different story), but because it's the same... freakin... story! "Collect all eight Gym badges, challenge E4, become Champion, go home". It's boring. So as long as there is a good story that changes things up a little and isn't repetitive, then I will play it.

On a different note, to help with teasers, I, as one of the mappers of this game have now released a screenshot of Viridian City. Note, that since this game will have Kanto, Hoenn, and a new region, we are working diligently on completing this project.
WNO9a.png

I hope to have a Pewter City screenshot up later today.

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
Thanks for the feedback, there will be a big focus on the storyline.

Update 14-07-2012

Pokémon Nox Online now has its own forum: link

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2023
News 12-07-2012

A little teaser:
"I can't re post the picture sorry ha ha.

I need some feedback:

What is your stance on evil teams?
How important do you find the story in a Pokémon game?

If a few people could answer these questions that would be very much appreciated.

-khkramer

Hmm~~ Yes I think having villains in a Pokemon game would be very nice.Having a chance to join the evil teams would be very awesome to because it can give the players more freedom and creates more challenges. x)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Wow this looks really promising. I'm sorry that I can't help you with anything (I can't script and I'm currently really busy, so I can't help you with mapping. Maybe later.).

I'll be sure to play this once it's done :) Good luck with your work.

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
Hmm~~ Yes I think having villains in a Pokemon game would be very nice.Having a chance to join the evil teams would be very awesome to because it can give the players more freedom and creates more challenges. x)

When the main part of the game is finished, I will give players the option to join an (evil) team.

Wow this looks really promising. I'm sorry that I can't help you with anything (I can't script and I'm currently really busy, so I can't help you with mapping. Maybe later.).

I'll be sure to play this once it's done :) Good luck with your work.

Thanks for your comment :)
No problem, you must be very busy with your own game.

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
Update 18-7-2012

New Screen Resolution

The screen resolution was changed from the default 512x384 to 640x480.

New Battle Interface

Because of the resolution change, I had to change the battle interface too.
NewRed.png

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I really like the story, its very interesting and you can do a lot with it. And the idea for the battle scene is pretty original. What I also love is the tiles for that route and town, its gorgeous. Good luck! I hope this works out!

Years
So? It's been a long time since we got an update on this project. Have you not done any progress this month? :S

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
So? It's been a long time since we got an update on this project. Have you not done any progress this month? :S

Well, I've been quite busy with school stuff, but I promise a big update by the end of the month.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
Years
Are you using mySQL for the database for users and such?
Just re-read the first page; you are using mySQL. Lol.

This is shaping up really nicely. I like what I see. I would love to help out, but my only real talents lay in database work and writing. Keep it up!

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
Are you using mySQL for the database for users and such?
Just re-read the first page; you are using mySQL. Lol.

This is shaping up really nicely. I like what I see. I would love to help out, but my only real talents lay in database work and writing. Keep it up!

Writing as in story writing?
Cause I could use a hand with that.

Dont forget to make it Open Source when its working on Ragezone ;)

I won't ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back