• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OLD] Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years

PokéCommunity Trade Corner Daily Chit Chat
OBEY THE RULES.

This thread is a little hidey-hole for the local traders to settle into after a hard day's trading and have a nice, relaxed discussion about events that have unfolded at their leisure.

Want to talk about the more popular trades and want to know what makes a good deal? Pulled off a sweet trade that you are really happy about? Got a PC trader to recommend after receiving a good service? This thread is for you!

However, I must ask you to please take note of the following points before posting:

• General Community Rules and Trade Corner Rules rules apply.
  • Do not ask for trades here; use the Quick Trade Thread.
  • In game questions belong in Quick Q&A Thread.
  • Not sure if your Pokémon is hacked or not? Check out the Hack Check Thread.
  • Please do not use this thread as a medium to advertise your trade thread.
  • Never insult another trader.
  • Never degrade a trade shop.
  • If you have nothing nice or intelligent to say, do not post.
The bolded rules are especially important. Failure to abide by them WILL result in an infraction, regardless of your status in the Trade Corner or relationships with any staff members. Please make sure that you understand these rules before posting.

That is all; have fun!
Behave this time. If I see more nonsense, DCC may be ruined for you all~

Edit 1: Curious about the PO (Pokemon Online) server? Check this out: Announcemen: New Pokecommunity Pokemon BLACK AND WHITE Battle Server !

EDIT 2: Announcement

Last edited:

Detox

Nice to see a fresh start to what will hopefully be a good thread.

Detox

Well I mean it was rather pitiful to begin with lol.

Lern 2 sprite my dearest blaQk.

TwilightBlade

Years
I fail to see how the above posts have anything to do with trading.

Seriously now, use this topic properly. I am counting on you guys to behave. :)

Aura: only discuss someone else's thread/pokemon if you have something good to say?
Aura: also delete any trollish/spam posts

EXAMPLE~
Beelzenef gave me this AMAZING JOLTEON, I am considering whitelisting him, but I have too many whitelisted anyways. :)

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
Years
  • Age 113
  • Seen Nov 5, 2014
Well I mean it was rather pitiful to begin with lol.

Lern 2 sprite my dearest blaQk.

I do, but you know, I'd rather waste my time doing something not constructive than spend hours on an animated sprite.

Detox

Blade, you did say I could get Rayquaza tomorrow right?

Years
So... back to the whole following the rules thing.

Here would be a recently completed EV request, per Diabolico. It was Alternative's Finneon, which I personally already traded fora few weeks ago, so I'll probably use this spread for my version too. :3 Lumineon is a great looking shiny, imo. Doesn't compare to Swellow, but yeah, still cool looking.

Spr_4p_457_m_s.png

Lumineon
Modest/Swift Swim
Surf/Ice Beam/Hidden Power Grass 70/Rain Dance
120 HP/252 SpA/8 SpD/128 Speed
OT: Hayley 04685

Last edited:

Detox

Clone the EV'd Lumineon and use it for yourself, thus saving another EV Training job?
And Eww Diabolico. He needs to learn to get his own Pokemon and not take mine.

Although, not liking him gives me a very trollful idea...

I remember when I said the same thing about you. And for the love of god please don't try to troll anyone.

K so I RNG'd Regirock in Emerald.

Go me.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
.... :o

i just wanted to post in the first page of the new chit chat thread :D

TwilightBlade

Years
And Eww Diabolico. He needs to learn to get his own Pokemon and not take mine.

Although, not liking him gives me a very trollful idea...
We are going to be nice to all traders and help them improve instead of sending them Linkin Park music videos. Even if that requires you to bend some bones, please change your mindset, or keep your remarks off the forums. Complain all you want on msn/shoddy.

I am proposing a new approach of "stop bashing WiFiers, it is not solving anything, so we will show them how to offer legit Pokemon, show them how to get their own Pokemon, show them how to create a unique shop, etc." This thread is not to label nor isolate traders. This thread is to mingle, chill, with no sense of hostility present. I want to create a cleaner and funner trade environment, and that really relies on the attitudes of the veterans. I expect veterans to be mature, so do so. Essentially, drop the "eww (trader)" comments. My 6 year old niece says eww.

If my words cannot get across to you all, then unfortunately, I am willing to take the next step, which consists of the classic warning, infraction, and banning of posting in here.

I apologize for the unnecessary escalation of trolling and hatred towards Galactic Mars and ArcanineFlames. That was rude and unprofessional. They did not deserve public defamation over a Pokemon game. I am sure that they can recover. If someone has hacks, just kindly tell them to remove it. Chances are, they received it, or are not trading it. I really did not like it when someone pointed out that I had a hacked Raikou in my old shop, not at all. So, no need to point fingers. I can say that we all have taken some nasty shortcut in our lives, so honestly, "once a hacker, always a hacker" is quite untrue. Just be careful.

I am going to help Diabolico RNG abuse a Heatran. I have only abused 2 legendaries; this should be fun to tackle together. \o/

Also, I bred Modest Oddish HP Fire with Teeter Dance. That took forever and the move is ugh, ugh. xD

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

Years
As a trader, you can have a blacklist, but do not ever list reasons such as, "idiot, moron, retard, **'s, brat, etc" noo. That is breaking PC's disrespect rule. :)

Um erasing the green background was difficult.. Some Pokemon are messed up, some are missing, etc. I would wait until Bulbapedia has them, if ever.. Too many animated sprites would lag a page, so I am sticking with BW back sprites in my shop. Pretty unique so far. :3

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Get coffinmon without the green background or something.

So anyway, the other day I traded my friend this Shiny Lotad egg, and it hatched shiny in his game, but everywhere else it wasn't shiny.

Any reason why?

joshk_bra

EV trains like a boss.
Years

So anyway, the other day I traded my friend this Shiny Lotad egg, and it hatched shiny in his game, but everywhere else it wasn't shiny.

Any reason why?

It hatches shiny, but it wont say shiny because it didn't have his ID/SID. So if you wanted to make him a shiny egg you would have to input HIS ID/SID into RNG reporter, then send him the egg. =/

yellowbird

is mother teresa. hugs.
Years
  • Age 112
  • Seen Oct 24, 2016

Any reason why?

Yeah, I've definitely read somewhere that when you trade eggs that are supposed to be shiny, they either LOOK shiny and don't have the star, or they don't look shiny but they have a star. I find it really strange.

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
Years
  • Age 113
  • Seen Nov 5, 2014
I am proposing a new approach of "stop bashing WiFiers, it is not solving anything, so we will show them how to offer legit Pokemon, show them how to get their own Pokemon, show them how to create a unique shop, etc." This thread is not to label nor isolate traders. This thread is to mingle, chill, with no sense of hostility present. I want to create a cleaner and funner trade environment, and that really relies on the attitudes of the veterans. I expect veterans to be mature, so do so. Essentially, drop the "eww (trader)" comments. My 6 year old niece says eww.

Of all my years of being on one forum or another, bashing has proven to be the best way to teach someone. Because either you post something smart/halfway intelligent or you get you face bashed in. So people would stop posting like an idiot to save getting bashed. This "I'm here to hold your hand through life" approach breeds idiots who can't think for themselves and reminds me of child. While this forum does have it fair share of children, the maturity bar needs to be raised.

Half of these people don't want to learn, and if they do, have already expressed that they do. Example: yellowbird learned how to RNG abuse. She also doesn't post like an idiot, therefore isn't bashed, all the while being a relatively new Wi-Fi member.

Funner is not a word. Firefox is retarded for thinking it is.

I apologize for the unnecessary escalation of trolling and hatred towards Galactic Mars and ArcanineFlames. That was rude and unprofessional. They did not deserve public defamation over a Pokemon game. I am sure that they can recover. If someone has hacks, just kindly tell them to remove it. Chances are, they received it, or are not trading it. I really did not like it when someone pointed out that I had a hacked Raikou in my old shop, not at all. So, no need to point fingers. I can say that we all have taken some nasty shortcut in our lives, so honestly, "once a hacker, always a hacker" is quite untrue. Just be careful.

Public executions drastically cuts the crime rate, if not makes crime non-existent. Same principle applies online as well. Galactic Mars did deserve what she recieved and as a result, we no longer have her trading on here. arcanineflames also deserved it under the assumption it was the same ID and OT, which I have no doubt it was. If he can prove otherwise, I will gladly extend my apologies.

I make it a mission to point out hacks, but someone tells me it's a mod's job. ;/

AngelXavier

The Blue Dawg
Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2011
-grabs post on first page- MINEEEEEEE
On another hand, I would adore one of those moving Sprites, -goes to find one-
On my third hand that sticks out of my ear, I am completely for some of the Vets helping people, I will assist where I can, but most of you, ie:alternative, Syndrome, probably think i'm still the noob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back