• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Hey I wrote a script for running shoes, but it doesn't work! Like everything is fine except the player does not recieve the running shoes, when they hold B they won't run! Can someone please tell me why this happens?

I use XSE 1.1.1 and am moding pokemon fire red
this is the script
Spoiler:

Assuming this is Fire Red, you must set flag 0x82F somewhere in the script.

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2012
I am a first timer on here so please be patiant with me. I am trying to get a simple message script to work for a pokemon hack of mine. I am using XSE. I wrote out my code, saved it as an rbc file, than went to compile it to my fire red ROM, and it said 'unknown keyword 'lock' on line 4.

Heres the ode im using

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @speak
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @blah 0x6
release
end

#org @blah
See you later -wink-

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I am a first timer on here so please be patiant with me. I am trying to get a simple message script to work for a pokemon hack of mine. I am using XSE. I wrote out my code, saved it as an rbc file, than went to compile it to my fire red ROM, and it said 'unknown keyword 'lock' on line 4.

Heres the ode im using

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @speak
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @blah 0x6
release
end

#org @blah
See you later -wink-

It sounds like you're using XSE version 1.0 which is known to have problems recognising simple commands. Here's a link to XSE 1.1.1 that will be able to compile your scripts correctly.

Also, your script can be altered to make it shorter yet still do everything you want it to. Use this script (Minus my explanations):

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @speak
msgbox @blah 0x[COLOR="Red"]2[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]// the 0x2 type msgbox automatically includes the lock and faceplayer commands[/COLOR]
release
end

#org @blah
[COLOR="red"]=[/COLOR] See you later  -wink- [COLOR="red"]// You forgot to include the equals sign which indicates that the following text is what should be said in-game[/COLOR]

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2012
Thanks so much! The code you gave me worked without having to update (though I probably still will lol)

Ran into another problem....

The code compiles and it gives me the offsets. I click the player in Advancemap, put in the script offset, and save my changes, but when I loa the rom to test it, the NPC says nothing. Any ideas on how to fix this? I have tried with both offsets given (though im fairly sure you use the one on the top), and I still can't get them to speak.

Thanks for your time in advance :D

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Thanks so much! The code you gave me worked without having to update (though I probably still will lol)

The code compiles and it gives me the offsets. I click the player in Advancemap, put in the script offset, and save my changes, but when I loa the rom to test it, the NPC says nothing. Any ideas on how to fix this? I have tried with both offsets given (though im fairly sure you use the one on the top), and I still can't get them to speak.

Once again, that has to do with having an outdated version of XSE :P

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years

As DrFuji said, you need a major update :P I have a link for you:
http://www.mediafire.com/?1p31j337yes50io

BOH

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2013
Hi, i've two questions

1. Using PKSV, i've edited a signpost script inserted a checkflag:

#dynamic 0x814D7F6
#org @main
lockall
checkflag 0x51
if true call @text
releaseall
end

#org @text
msgbox 0x816AE50
callstd MSG_NOCLOSE ' Non-closing message
return

#org 0x816AE50
= my message

I've compiled all but when i reopen this script there are only four lines saying:

#org 0x814D7F6
'-----------------------------------
loadpointer 0xF 0x16AE5000
'Pointer not in ROM area
jumpstd 0x9

where is the error?

2. I wanna lock or open a door depending on a flag. If locked i want to display a message, else hero can enter normally. How can i do this?

Thanks a lot

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2012
Change trainer sprites in R/B/Y - request

I am a person, who don't know anything about rom editing.
I would like to ask you, users, for help.

What I am interested,
is a change boy
Spoiler:
on a girl sprites.
Spoiler:

There are many editing programs, but only Tile Layer Pro and Molester support R/B/Y versions.
Work in them is too complicated for someone like me, inexperienced.

Moderators don't want to accept a separate topic, so write it here.

Years
I am a person, who don't know anything about rom editing.
I would like to ask you, users, for help.

What I am interested,
is a change boy
Spoiler:
on a girl sprites.
Spoiler:

There are many editing programs, but only Tile Layer Pro and Molester support R/B/Y versions.
Work in them is too complicated for someone like me, inexperienced.

Moderators don't want to accept a separate topic, so write it here.

This question is best asked at the 'Simple Questions' thread.
This thread is for script help.

And the mods won't accept a new thread for it because there is already a couple a question threads around for people to ask these questions.

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2012
Okay, Nate VonGrimm. I write there too.
I hope it will not taken as spam (ask the same question).

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Hi, i've two questions

1. Using PKSV, i've edited a signpost script inserted a checkflag:

#dynamic 0x814D7F6
#org @main
lockall
checkflag 0x51
if true call @text
releaseall
end

#org @text
msgbox 0x816AE50
callstd MSG_NOCLOSE ' Non-closing message
return

#org 0x816AE50
= my message

I've compiled all but when i reopen this script there are only four lines saying:

#org 0x814D7F6
'-----------------------------------
loadpointer 0xF 0x16AE5000
'Pointer not in ROM area
jumpstd 0x9

where is the error?

2. I wanna lock or open a door depending on a flag. If locked i want to display a message, else hero can enter normally. How can i do this?

Thanks a lot

Question 1) change your #dyn to something inside the ROM, i.e 0x740000

Question 2) You can do this two ways. A simple setmaptile checking a flag, or a walk_down if the flag isn't set. To so both of these you need the same skeleton as you made in question 1. Instead of else you have to just continue the script, there aren't anything like parameters in any scripting program (to my knowledge).

It's important to note that the flag being true or false is dependent on which situation you're going to use. For example the walk_down will require the flag to be unset, where as the setmaptile will require it to be set (to follow the same general skeleton atleast).

Spoiler:

That's all in PKSV btw.

BOH

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2013
Thanks for your reply.

I did not understand exacly the first point. What's the meaning of "something inside the rom"? The offset i've used #dynamic 0x814D7F6 is the same offset that previusly belonged to a signpost, so it should be in the rom.

Another question: i known how to use flag but i don't known how to known which one is to use...sorry for the pun with known :P

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Thanks for your reply.

I did not understand exacly the first point. What's the meaning of "something inside the rom"? The offset i've used #dynamic 0x814D7F6 is the same offset that previusly belonged to a signpost, so it should be in the rom.

Another question: i known how to use flag but i don't known how to known which one is to use...sorry for the pun with known :P

I'm pretty sure when you decompile an offset it puts an 8 infront. So the offset is really 0x14D7F6. When you re-script the entire thing you take out the 8. It's also a better idea not to replace old text signs with larger scripts because it may overwrite something other than what you're trying to.

Your last statement sorta doesn't make grammatical sense so it's hard to decipher what you're trying to say. What I gather is that you're not sure what flags to use? Just use the same flag you use to makesure the player obtains the 'key' or whatever.

Rogue42

Ninja
Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2013
Game: Fire Red
System: XSE
Type: One time script

Ok I have been trying to figure out how to make a script happen only once and have had no luck. Can anyone explain how the script for oak happens only once?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Game: Fire Red
System: XSE
Type: One time script

Ok I have been trying to figure out how to make a script happen only once and have had no luck. Can anyone explain how the script for oak happens only once?

What you need are the ones called "flags".
For example...
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x1000
if 0x1 goto @talked_already
message @1 6
setflag 0x1000
release
end

#org @talked_already
message @2 6
release
end

#org @1
= Hello. How are you?

#org @2
= Um... You already talked to me.

There are tutorials explaining about flags in the scripting tutorials found in the Tutorials section.
I advice you to take a look there.

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2016
Im working on making a hack of Fire Red im using XSE im working on a basic script I have even watched tutorials but it still wont work

here's the script I used:

#dynamic 0x456734

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @talk 0x6
release
end
#org @talk
= Hi , this is my first script!

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Im working on making a hack of Fire Red im using XSE im working on a basic script I have even watched tutorials but it still wont work

here's the script I used:

#dynamic 0x456734

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @talk 0x6
release
end
#org @talk
= Hi , this is my first script!

First off, you don't need to put in a custom #dynamic offset. XSE will find free space automatically, so just keep it as 0x800000. You also need to put a space between "end" and "#org @talk".

Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2021
I'm working on a hack right now and I'm wondering how to create a warp from a pokemon event, like if you engage a legendary, i want it to send me somewhere. Can anyone give me some advice?

Also, does anyone know where I can find script and hex editing tutorials besides youtube, I'm better at reading than watching video. And I would like to know how to remove the Birch event so I can just access the bag.

Another note, when I click the gears, it just compiles in the bottom left corner but the box to obtain the offsets doesn't show at all. Am I doing something wrong?

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Rise_of_Darkrai said:
I'm working on a hack right now and I'm wondering how to create a warp from a pokemon event, like if you engage a legendary, i want it to send me somewhere. Can anyone give me some advice?

You use the warp command. Simple as that.

Also, does anyone know where I can find script and hex editing tutorials besides youtube, I'm better at reading than watching video. And I would like to know how to remove the Birch event so I can just access the bag.

Good scripting tutorial: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276

google to find a hex editing tut (or there might be one in the tutorial section, idk)

Another note, when I click the gears, it just compiles in the bottom left corner but the box to obtain the offsets doesn't show at all. Am I doing something wrong?

Sometimes this happens (to me, at least) after decompiling a script, then trying to compile a new script in another tab. Try closing xse, then opening it again before compiling. And if that's not the problem, then perhaps your xse isn't version 1.1.1. You'll want to update it if that's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back