• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.95 Open Beta

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
You NEED to update NONE of the links work

your links dont work your backup links dont work and I cant find it anywhere else YOU NEED TO UPDATE YOUR DAMN LINKS MEGAUPLOAD IS NO LONGER AROUND!

I'm terribly sorry, but he's gone... and he hasn't been seen since 2012. It's probably safe to assume that he has died in real life or that he just has moved on and didn't want to work on AdvanceMap anymore. D:

If you'd like to find AdvanceMap 1.92 or AdvanceMap 1.95, you'll need to search for it here, sadly I cannot provide any links to uploads because I can get into trouble here on the forums for it, since when he used to be around, he always told us to not upload it to filesharing websites.

Okay, well if you'd like to see something that is being aimed to become way better than AdvanceMap, then please head on over to this thread. Map Editor of Happiness (MEH) is a brand new map editor for Generation III games. It is open source and being worked on right now. ^^

Other than that, there's really nothing else we can do here.

When I save the changes, all in the rom is like before. Do I have to patch die file?
Patches are only needed for downloaded ROM hacks. Just keep in mind that you can't patch over a ROM that the patch isn't made for.

If you're making a ROM hack, you don't need to patch anything. You just need to use the program. ;)

However you can create patches once you're finished with developing the ROM hack by using some patching program in which is used for distributing patches of ROM hacks or any kind of modifications to the ROM itself. ^^

Last edited:

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
Years
Hello out there

The download was inactive because the server where it is hosted was moved, and i don't read the mail about it ...
Now the am195.no-ip.info link work again.
and if it would not work now its:
http://luho.lvps91-250-118-252.dedicated.hosteurope.de/

As I was active in RomHacking, every on ask me for the source but I don't got it them.
But I say I will release it if I will not longer be active in romhacking.

Now its about 2 or 3 year I do nothing (somit later than the last "news" on my page) so yes, i'm realy not longer active in RomHacking.
I want to try to relase the code on github in the next few weeks. (hope so)

PS: I also don't read the posts up there, PM's or Mails I got... (the day is to short...)

king regards
LU-HO

link12552

decade club
Years
Hello out there

The download was inactive because the server where it is hosted was moved, and i don't read the mail about it ...

As I was active in RomHacking, every on ask me for the source but I don't got it them.

Now its about 2 or 3 year I do nothing (somit later than the last "news" on my page) so yes, i'm realy not longer active in RomHacking.

PS: I also don't read the posts up there, PM's or Mails I got... (the day is to short...)

king regards
LU-HO

Personally, I'm exited to see the source code - as I'm sure many others are - and think that releasing it would be great for the community.
I still remember the excitement of using advance map for the first time.

Best of luck in whatever you go on to do lu-ho.

Thank you

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
Years
Hello out there

king regards
LU-HO

Yeah, personally, I'm excited to the release of your source code. Thanks!

And goodluck on your life Lu-ho ;)

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hello out there

king regards
LU-HO

Yay! Welcome back, LU-HO! ^^

I'm so happy that you've returned and decided to release the source code of AdvanceMap at long last. I was beginning to wonder what could've happened to you. Now that AdvanceMap is going to be open source soon, that way people can contribute to it and help it to improve. And we'll be able to add many more features to the program as well. ^^

Also, I wish you the best of luck in life as well, LU-HO! Thank you so much for developing AdvanceMap! ^^

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
Hello out there

king regards
LU-HO

Well this is an interesting turn of events indeed.

My MEH thread is probably going to be flooded with questions reguarding the continuation of MEH now, but this is definately a good turn of events. I'll probably continue with MEH since it's nearly complete and I'm rather fond of my IO system I have implemented. However, I think that releasing the source to A-Map was a bit overdue, so it's good that we (might) have it available to use until MEH comes into fruition, because as it is, MEH is in no state to be used full time (quite unfortunately). I do look forward to seeing what people do with A-Map as well as what happens to my own map editor.

Crazy_chu

Newly Born Pichu
Years
  • Age 51
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
umm... sorry but there is an error in this advance map
when you add a connection it won't appear

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 20, 2014
I have a problem, when i copy and paste the script offset to a person and then unselect the person, the first number turns to "0" and screws everything up. Help please.

M0ZEPH

Formally 'Resultz' - Returned!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
Is there a solution to the whole connection corrupting thing that happens?

I'm getting '0xXXXXXX is not a pointer' on EVERY map.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 15, 2014
Hello, I've been having an issue with editing the Pokemon Leaf Green ROM that I have been working on for most of today. I cannot get my warps to work, the cave doors have the correct behavior, the id, map bank, and map are correctly leading to another warp (To the best of my knowledge). The warp doesn't ever stay once I place it. I place it correctly and then I try to go to another map or test the goto button with it selected and I keep getting the Frage Save Changes box. If I click yes to the save changes box, the warp stays but I would stay at the same map and the goto button wouldn't do anything. If I clicked no, it would take me to the other map I clicked on but the warp would go away and after getting that for about 4 hours now and looking at countless youtube tutorials and reading this one, I am getting quite frustrated because I followed each of the tutorials exactly as the instructor said and it hasn't worked.

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
Hello, I've been having an issue with editing the Pokemon Leaf Green ROM that I have been working on for most of today. I cannot get my warps to work, the cave doors have the correct behavior, the id, map bank, and map are correctly leading to another warp (To the best of my knowledge). The warp doesn't ever stay once I place it. I place it correctly and then I try to go to another map or test the goto button with it selected and I keep getting the Frage Save Changes box. If I click yes to the save changes box, the warp stays but I would stay at the same map and the goto button wouldn't do anything. If I clicked no, it would take me to the other map I clicked on but the warp would go away and after getting that for about 4 hours now and looking at countless youtube tutorials and reading this one, I am getting quite frustrated because I followed each of the tutorials exactly as the instructor said and it hasn't worked.

First things first, wrong thread, there's a mapping help thread somewhere else (can't remember exactly where but it's on here). Second, don't use Leaf Green. There is literally no point in using it due to the fact that a large portion of research has been put into Fire Red which makes it a much better choice as a ROM base. Also, there's a good chance that the 'goto' button is either glitched since AMap 1.95 has quite a few bugs or your destination map is nonexistant. Try using AMap 1.92 and see if it works.

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2016
Hi, i'm attempting to do some small modifications on a rom hack called expert emerald and i've noticed that some areas like jagged path and fiery pass have no pokemon in them, now i know how to use advanced map to add pokemon in a certain location but whenever i try to add wild pokemon back into one of those locations, those same pokemons are saved to the other location aswell, so lets say i put slugmas, numels, torkoals etc in fiery pass the same pokemons will appear in jagged path, also when i open those two locations i get the following error message.

: (ERROR: ENOTAPOINTER) ADVANCEDMAPERROR (5): value $0002F0 is not a pointer! please contakt [email protected]

that's the value error for jagged path this is the value error within the same message BUT FOR fiery pass $000364

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
anyone know why bank 25+ has gone into bank 24? same order and everything... it also effects the TM learning and other stuff... Pokemon Emerald

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
when I try to open up a rom, it say's "Error(InOutError) access denied" A little help please?

Back