• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Pokémon was set in Australia...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
Maybe all the trainers are Burglar class? :P

What? Who said that? In this day and age? Honestly!!

I would personally be happy if they didn't introduce any more new Pokémon for a while yet. I think it would be an interesting game, since Australia is famous for having more or less every kind of major environment, including tropics, rainforest, deserts, year-round snow. I think the routes would be ridiculously long since Austrailia is a freaking huge place. :)

Now this is just making me want to go to Aus right now... :(

PS - I *love* your in-game map!

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
Thanks for the compliment. :3

And I agree, that's why I said it would be like Hoenn, it has all sorts of environments.

Regarding new Pokémon, that's just personal preference I guess, but it could definitely be arranged to only use old Pokémon.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
I'm trying to work out where the starting town and where the League is. It's been a while since I studied Australian geography, but is the starting town that town to the north of Perth? I'm almost sure that the league is in Hobart as it's at a dead end, and dead ends always equal league locations in Pokemon games. XD

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
Well originally I had planned that Hobart would be the starting town, as it's a significant city but not as large as the other capitals, and from there you would go to Melbourne, then clockwise throughout the region until you arrive back at Sydney, and from there go to the league in Canberra.

JaggedMan

The Cheese Pokemon!
Years
Interesting theory, but the issue I have with is the top (very top) path is crossing the water, as well as from the very bottom up (starting town). So, it seems plausible but I would still say hoenn is part of Japan, :p. (sry for all you people in Australia)

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
Well originally I had planned that Hobart would be the starting town, as it's a significant city but not as large as the other capitals, and from there you would go to Melbourne, then clockwise throughout the region until you arrive back at Sydney, and from there go to the league in Canberra.

Putting the league in Canberra makes a lot of sense culturally. XD

If Hobart is the starting town, how does one cross the Tasmanian Bay without Surf? Or is there a bridge there irl? :P

Overall though, I'd have to agree with your assertion that the climate and landscapes would be remarkably similar to Hoenn. :D

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
this is actually a really cool idea, I wish there WAS a game like this. If I could map I'd make one for africa

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
Years
Hey, that's pretty cool. But on the map there'd be a lot less green and a lot more yellow around central Australia. It's mainly desert there.

What sorta Pokemon would live here?
Kangaskhan, the crocodile Pokemon, uh... I guess a lotta the common Pokemon would be here, Rattata, Zubat, Tentacool, Goldeen, Mareep, Murkrow, Wurmple... y'know the usual stuff.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
I think most of the Pokemon will be based on the animals normally found in Australia. So things like: snakes, spiders, crocodiles, and so on. I personally think that this is grand idea as it gives a whole new perspective to Pokemon; due to Australia being a completely alien region (at least, to the Japanese) and it'll be fun to see how Game Freak go about making it. XD;

Droidz

¬‿¬
Years
I like the idea of Hobart being the starting region. It seems so right and Canberra hosting the League is a really cool idea too. I'm loving this :P

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
Wow, very positive comments, I like it! :D

There isn't a bridge between Hobart and Melbourne in real life, but I thought in the game you could get on a ferry or something after you get your Pokémon.

The route crossing water could either be changed (I didn't notice that, somehow...) or it could be used stylistically to create a bridge route that doesn't actually exist.

Personally I'd love to see the possibilities for water Pokémon, such as Blue-Bottles and Great White Sharks.

Jesh

M E M O R I E S
Years
Because Australia and New Zealand go together like... emo characters and Final Fantasy. I could see New Zealand as a Battle Frontier style place, or perhaps the Pokémon League. I like Sydney as one of the starting places, the lab could be... inside the Opera House ;D

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
Do you know how long it will take to get to one town to another based on your map? All the regions so far are in Japan, so imagine a game where you explore the whole of Australia which is many times bigger.

Because Australia and New Zealand go together like... emo characters and Final Fantasy. I could see New Zealand as a Battle Frontier style place, or perhaps the Pokémon League. I like Sydney as one of the starting places, the lab could be... inside the Opera House ;D

New Zealand and Australia are way different, we kill possums and you protect them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back