• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can't compile scripts in Pokescript when you right-click the script? Read here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 5, 2023
*** NOTE: For some reason, the Pokescript site is down. ***

For any of you that DO NOT get the "Compile Script" shortcut menu function, make sure your scripts end in .rbc. If they don't, open them, click "Save As...", select "All Files" from the file type box, and save as "somename.rbc". If that doesn't work, you most likely didn't install your file associations correctly.

1. Use the uninstall.reg file that you see on the pokescript website. Run it and ignore anything that it says about modifying the registry; this file is safe. It will clean out all file extensions related to PokeScript in the registry.

2. Uninstall Pokescript and any PkmnADV database you installed.

3. Download a fresh copy of Pokescript.

4. Install Pokescript.

5. Now download the PkmnADV database installer. SAVE IT TO THE SAME DIRECTORY YOU PUT POKESCRIPT IN.

6. Run the installer and extract the database to the same folder Pokescript is in. If it does not have the Pokescript directory in the location to install, then put the correct directory there.

7. Do not run the Pokescript installer again after the database installs. Close it.

8. Go to the Pokescript directory and run PokeScript.exe.

9. A log window should pop up that looks like this:
Install2.jpg

10. If your log window does not contain the four lines that start with "REGISTERED", you did something wrong, and the file associations are NOT registered right. Start over from Step 1. Otherwise, compiling scripts should now work. Try right-clicking a .rbc file that was properly saved. If "Compile Script" appears, then the associations are set correctly. Otherwise, make sure your user account has Administrative permissions, as a last measure.

IF ALL ELSE FAILS AND YOU STILL CANNOT COMPILE SCRIPTS, TRY THE MANUAL COMPILING METHOD. IF THAT DOES NOT WORK OR YOU WANT ADDITIONAL ASSISTANCE WITH THE FILE EXTENSIONS, ASK AWAY.

Last edited:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
I don't have that problem. It Sais "compile script", but when i click burn later i don't get the script selection floating window.
Well, I had that problem too. All you have to do is move the scripts to the desktop, or in one folder.

Say you had a scripts folder like I do, and all of your scripts are located on that directory, you can compile the script and the buffer will come up.

But if you had it in "my documents" and had a folder called "hacking related...Blah" and another folder called scripts, and all of your scripts are there,

Then It won't work. I don't know why. Use v.1.0 instead of the crossover version.
-cooley

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2007
It lets me compile, but when I do it says this-

#OFFSET: 0, 0
Invalid Command : lock
Invalid Command : faceplayer
Invalid Command : message
Invalid Command : boxset
Invalid Command : release
Invalid Command : end

Edit: Nevermind I got it working, the problem was that I didn't save my script in the same directory as pokescript and bufrite :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 5, 2023
Good work, it's sort of handy I guess although I already know this.

Well, this was created keeping in mind the people that don't know or don't remember how to fix this problem. Hence being in the tutorials forum! :D

Also, sorry I haven't kept up with this topic in a while, but I guess no one's really had any problems with it anyways. <<;

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
It lets me compile, but when I do it says this-

#OFFSET: 0, 0
Invalid Command : lock
Invalid Command : faceplayer
Invalid Command : message
Invalid Command : boxset
Invalid Command : release
Invalid Command : end

Edit: Nevermind I got it working, the problem was that I didn't save my script in the same directory as pokescript and bufrite :)
You don't have to save the script in the same directory, You can save it anywere. YOu have to use 1.00 instead of 1.20(crossover)

Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2007
My one won't compile properly, it keeps coming up with this:
Run-time error '457':

This key is already associated with an element of this collection.
What am I doing wrong? Please help! Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2015
I finally got it to show complie script when I right click on it, But when i click compile script it opens up and says...
--------------------
Run-time error 6

overflow
--------------------
If I do it manually my ROM gets currupted.(I do click encode right?)

Any ideas?

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
I have a problem where if I try to compile a script that has \p \l \n or anything with a \ it says
Runtime Error '5':
Invalid procedure call or argument
But when I compile without it, it compiles normally.

Hellsing

The bird of Hermes is my name
Years
Well, I had that problem too. All you have to do is move the scripts to the desktop, or in one folder.

Say you had a scripts folder like I do, and all of your scripts are located on that directory, you can compile the script and the buffer will come up.

But if you had it in "my documents" and had a folder called "hacking related...Blah" and another folder called scripts, and all of your scripts are there,

Then It won't work. I don't know why. Use v.1.0 instead of the crossover version.
-cooley

Is the link you posted to birminstudios the crossover or the 1.0?
If it's the crossover where do you get the 1.0?

WaterSplash

Common
Years
I did everything it said but pokescript gets this:

Run-time error '429':
ActiveX component can't create object

Someone please help. A hack is no good without good scripts :(

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
I can't get "compile script" to work.

I'm pretty sure its Administrative Preferences, as when I check on the Administator's account, it works. The problem is...He turned the preferences off, and it still won't work. I am on a Windows Vista Laptop. Help?

P.S. I get the screen with four lines of register:
WELCOME TO POKESCRIPT
Copyrite Pokewitch Inc
[insert address here]
#PROCESS: pkmadv\install.psc F:2 for Input
-----------------------------------------
REGISTERED .rbc as Rubikon
REGISTERED .rbh as Rubikon
REGISTERED .buf as Rubikon
REGISTERED .gba as GBAdvanced
|
\- Processed 0 Lines