• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Competitive Pokemon RPG

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
Competitive Pokemon RPG [alink id=participants]Participants[/alink id][alink id=ranking]Ranking System[/alink id][alink id=shop]Shop[/alink id]
Introduction
Hey there, glad you decided to take a look at this. It's basically a league of sorts that you can participate in. While taking part you may slowly climb levels and earn things, same as an RPG. You can select team classes and join up with other members if you'd like to play in parties (Not implemented yet). It's a very comprehensive system that I've spent quite a bit of time planning out, so I really hope you enjoy yourself and take part in this one of a kind challenge. It's very different so don't expect it to be easy, or even familiar. It is competitive, however it will require completely rebuilt teams and you'll need to completely rethink how you've ever played the game. Keep in mind that I will always be up for ideas here, none of this is set in stone (For the most part). Also, all battles will take place on the PokeCommunity Server on Pokemon Online. You can find connection info in the announcements for this section.

[a id]participants[/a id]Participants
219.png

Class: Sun
Forum Username: I Date Flaffy's
PO Username: ExBlankaBall

201.png

Class: Sand
Forum Username: Impo
PO Username:Impo
Join Form:
Trainer Image: (Link to one from here: http://pokerealm.com/downloads/sprites/bw-trainer-sprites.php)
Class:
Forum Username:
PO Username:

[a id]ranking[/a id]Ranking System
Each participant will start the game out with the same Pokemon to select for their class. You can start out in one of three different classes, and from there either buy Pokemon or classes to expand from that. The three classes you can start in are Sun, Sand, and Rain. You will be given a set of Pokemon for whichever class you pick. The team, items, movesets and EVs will be up to you. This is the point gainage system:

Participate in a Battle: +5 Exp, +10 PokeDollars
Win a Battle: +15 Exp, +20 PokeDollars
Beat a Leader: +30 Exp, +50 PokeDollars
Beat all Leaders: + 60 Exp, +100 PokeDollars
Beat Champion: +100 Exp, +200 PokeDollars

Leaders and the Champion will be decided later through a series of test battles. For now though just consider them unavailable. Now, here is how the leveling system will go:

Level 1: You start on this level.
Level 2: 15 Exp (Gain Jolteon for usage)
Level 3: 30 Exp (Gain Hippowdon for usage)
Level 4: 45 Exp (Gain Umbreon for usage)
Level 5: 60 Exp (Gain Bronzong for usage)
Level 6: 80 Exp (Gain Quagsire for usage)
Level 7: 100 Exp (Gain Jellicent for usage)
Level 8: 130 Exp (Gain Celebi for usage)
Level 9: 160 Exp (Gain Heatran for usage)
Level 10: 190 Exp (Gain Zapdos for usage)
Level 11: 230 Exp (Gain Jirachi for usage)
Level 12: 270 Exp (Gain Espeon for usage)
Level 13: 310 Exp (Gain Volcarona for usage)
Level 14: 350 Exp (Gain Scizor for usage)
Level 15: 400 Exp (Gain Rotom-W for usage)
Level 16: 450 Exp (Gain Gliscor for usage)
Level 17: 500 Exp (Gain Conkeldurr for usage)
Level 18: 550 Exp (Gain Skarmory for usage)
Level 19: 600 Exp (Gain Dragonite for usage)
Level 20: 700 Exp (Gain Salamence for usage)
Level 21: 800 Exp (Gain Starmie for usage)
Level 22: 900 Exp (Gain Sigilyph for usage)
Level 23: 1000 Exp (Gain Latias for usage)
Level 24: 1500 Exp (Gain Latios for usage)
Level 25: 2000 Exp (You can use any Pokemon you'd like)

Yes level 25 seems like a hard objective to achieve, but not only will the gyms be available for challenge continuously, there will be small events here and there that award a certain amount of points based on difficulty and such. There will also be items available for purchase that can double experience game, or even triple. Also, you can stack awards, so, for example, if you reach level 10 without replacing any Pokemon on your team, you can switch out 3 of your Pokemon the second you hit level 10. Now, these are the Pokemon that will be available to each class (Remember that Swift Swim is banned, so even if a Pokemon with it is listed (Unless you've opted out of using Politoed), you have to use it's secondary ability):

Rain: Politoed, Omastar, Kabutops, Swampert, Tentacruel, Vaporeon, Blissey, Azumarill
Sun: Ninetails, Charizard, Tangrowth, Flareon, Infernape, Sunflora, Blissey, Jumpluff
Sand: Tyranitar, Sandslash, Regirock, Cradily, Cacturne, Flygon, Escavalier, Nosepass

Of course, you'll be able to purchase more to add to your availability, but you've got to get those points first.

[a id]shop[/a id]Shop

Pokemon
Gyarados: 50 PokeDollars
Venusaur: 100 PokeDollars
Excadrill: 100 PokeDollars
Landorus: 100 PokeDollars
Thundurus: 100 PokeDollars
Dugtrio: 50 PokeDollars
Magnezone: 50 PokeDollars
Deoxys: 100 PokeDollars
Ferrothorn: 100 PokeDollars
Forretress: 50 PokeDollars
Gengar: 75 PokeDollars
Reuniclus: 100 PokeDollars
Ludicolo: 50 PokeDollars
Your Choice: 200 PokeDollars

Items
Lucky Egg (Doubles your experience gain): 350 PokeDollars
Really Lucky Egg (Triples your experience gain): 500 PokeDollars
Rare Candy (Automatically raises your level by 1): 250 PokeDollars
Amulet Coin (Doubles your PokeDollar gain): 500 PokeDollars

Other Classes
Hyper Offense: 750 PokeDollars
Full Stall: 500 PokeDollars
Hail: 500 PokeDollars
Trick Room: 500 PokeDollars

Also keep in note that any Pokemon you buy or have will not be lost when you buy a new class, instead all Pokemon in that class will also be available to you. Rare Candy is the only item that can be bought more than one time, as it's the only one that gets used up.

Ranking Bar
Well, if you'd like to tell everyone what level you are in your signature, feel free to use this little bit of CSS here (Just replace the 25 with your current level):

[url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=258567#participants"][div="background: url('http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/3959/46792571.png') center center no-repeat; width: 180px; height: 65px; line-height: 58px; font-family: verdana; font-size: 29px; color: #FFFFFF; text-align: right; padding-right: 20px; text-shadow: #222222 0px -1px 0px;"]25[/div][/url]

Approved by Wolf

Last edited:

I Date Flaffy's

StreetFighter Till The End
Years
This sounds awesome i want to sign up!

Trainer Image:
219.png

Forum Username: I Date Flaffy's
PO Username: ExBlankaBall

Ooka

Years
Glad to see you like it. :D

And good luck building up your team, you've been added to the first post.

I Date Flaffy's

StreetFighter Till The End
Years
Thanks but just to clarify i can only use 6 of the 8 pokemon i get from my class and when i reach the required level say level 2 i can swap one for one of the ones i didnt decide to use?

Ooka

Years
Looks like I've contradicted myself a bit there. I'll go ahead and remove those level awards. At any point in time you can switch out Pokemon in your party for ones in your class or ones you've purchased.

Ooka

Years
Yeah currently thinking on that one. xD

Any ideas? :P

Alright, added Pokemon in as level up bonuses.

Last edited:
Years
Hey i wanna give this a shot :D
btw do we have to train our pokemon ourselves? 0.o

Trainer Image:
238.png

Forum Username: dr.feelgood11
PO Username: Eric

Ooka

Years
Sorry for the late reply. I will keep up to date with this just having a bit of internet troubles now (And probably for the next week)

But it's for use with the program Pokemon Online, dr. feelgood. If you can confirm you still want to join and use the program I'll add you to the first post.

Cmon guys, the more players the more fun. XD

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
I applaud your originality. This sounds unique and fun, and I reckon it will bring some activeness to Pokemon Online ^^ .
Now I need to look up competitive 5th gen...

Trainer Image:
201.png

Forum Username: Impo
PO Username: Impo

Last edited:

Ooka

Years
Hey, glad to see ya join up. :)

Btw:

Now, these are the Pokemon that will be available to each class (Remember that Swift Swim is banned, so even if a Pokemon with it is listed (Unless you've opted out of using Politoed), you have to use it's secondary ability):

Rain: Politoed, Omastar, Kabutops, Swampert, Tentacruel, Vaporeon, Blissey, Azumarill
Sun: Ninetails, Charizard, Tangrowth, Flareon, Infernape, Sunflora, Blissey, Jumpluff
Sand: Tyranitar, Sandslash, Regirock, Cradily, Cacturne, Flygon, Escavalier, Nosepass

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Hey, glad to see ya join up. :)

Btw:

Oh, I must've missed that section about the classes. Make me the Sand class, please!

And does that mean I can only use those listed? Okay, I got it, time for team making ^^

Last edited:

Ooka

Years
Alright fixed up. ^_^

As soon as my dad gets internet access I'll be joining in as well.

treecko0

Carpe Diem
Years
I'm gonna have to do a bit more research on 5th gen but ok.
Trainer Image:
179.png
(copy + Paste aren't workin ahh........FAIL) I wan't Chilli's image XP
Forum Username: treecko0
PO Username: xNando

Last edited:

Ragnia

Hello
Years
This seems like a lot of fun.

Trainer Image:
Thorton.png

Forum Username: Ragnia
PO Username:Ragnia

Oh, are we allowed to use unreleased DW pokemon on our team?

Last edited:

metronome

dinosaurs are cool
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2011
Trainer Image:
183.png

Class: Rain
Forum Username: metronome
PO Username: mnme

Ooka

Years
If you've joined feel free to do and report battles here. I'll just update when I do get internet access.

That Zoroark

The Zoroark That Likes Pie....
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
Joining the club!
Trainer Image:
pokemon.png

Class:Sand

Foutrm Username:That Zoroark

Pokemon Online Username: _G a r y_

Back