• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Marvelous Bridge-"Did she Just Disappear?!"

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
While playing recklessly in Pokemon Black, I crossed the Marvelous Bridge a couple of times. First time because I had my very first Egg I breeded. So I wanted to Hatch it fast. After Hatching, I went to the Day-Care and Received another Egg (Yes it was mistake :P ). I returned to the Marvelous Bridge By flying to Black City and going Left. Here comes the shocking part....

As I set foot on the Bridge, I see totally a new Guy and Girl. I saw the girl all of sudden dissolving and then disappears! Then the man next to her exclaimed and he comes telling me "Did she just disappear?!". When I saw her dissolving I though it was some sort of glitch but seeing that man confirming got me the Creeps!

Please tell me whats all this about?!? I know I am not the first one in the world to get this but I am so teased I wanna reveal the whole thing now!

Thank you :nervous:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
It's not anything related to the storyline. It's actually nothing. If you speak to the Woman in the east bridge house thing. :< She explains the story about a young girl who fell off the bridge chasing her Pokemon. iirc that's how it goes.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen yesterday
There's a 70% chance that she's a ghost

She's either a ghost, just some girl with an Abra.

She explains the story about a young girl who fell off the bridge chasing her Pokemon. iirc that's how it goes.
Odd, that old woman only told me about a girl who lived in the area when construction started.

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years

Odd, that old woman only told me about a girl who lived in the area when construction started.

Yeah, that old woman told me tha same thing. I do not know why some people had the information about that girl chasing after her pokemons.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I know I read somewhere about the girl chasing her Pokemon and she fell off. ;o;

blue

gucci
Years
It's just something that happens in the game and I don't think any changes will be made to it in future games.

jeiizi

Rebuild The Energy
Years
Idk everytime i see that it reminds me of sabrina with her abra from kanto, i don't know why :P

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Probably a coincidence. I think it randomly happens or whatever.

I dunno why they even implemented that in the game, maybe it's some Easter egg or whatever. But they should have at least give a better backstory. D:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
It would have been a little nice if they had given it a bit more of a back story. Perhaps something kind of like the Old Chateau, or you see it show up in several places during the course of the game and if you see her in all the places an item it where you last see her (which I guess would be on the bridge)? idk. It does seem kind of lame to just toss in a 'ghost' on a bridge with no backstory though. xD;

Years
i would assume it has something to do later on down the road like so many other things that just seem random an out of place, a wifi event perhaps. Isnt there an item with tm snarl in it? maybe she shows up again after you have recieved the data over wifi an she leads you to it? i dunno

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
Years
Never heard of this before, I've been going to the Marvelous bridge to see it, but nothing happens, do you go at a certain time, or do a certain thing? ...

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
Years
I think it's either she's a ghost or she uses teleport all the time when you approach her, I think she a bit of a shy person so I think she uses teleport to avoid you.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
Never heard of this before, I've been going to the Marvelous bridge to see it, but nothing happens, do you go at a certain time, or do a certain thing? ...

The Criteria I met:

-Day: Saturday
-Time: ~5:00PM
-After Event: Hatching My first Egg

Thats All I know misfortunately, so if you met these criteria, try to go to the eastern end of the bridge and check. If it happened, then it might probably have to with the time....it was Sunset.

I also will stick with the theory that it has something to do with a Future Event...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
We haven't really got that many ghost types that'd be suited to fit a future event tbh, other than maybe Jellicent, but I don't see how the third game would bring that together anyway. :x

Maybe her purpose is to represent that if the construction story is true, that people shouldn't tamper with nature or something, aka the lines of the future/past & natural (forest) & manmade (city). Just think how the bridge was before it was constructed - (if you look at it, it looks technologically advanced; so how does that apply to White which is "living in the past" and therefore before technology) wouldn't there be a giant gap between the two cliffs, and without the road overtop, there would be Pokemon out underneath (aka why we have a lack of water types but unrelated) because they would be like "oh hey no possible threats above, so we'll be fine to come out" and perhaps rock climb could have a use there, as well as finding a Vullaby trainer there, which B/W lacks (and vulture = cliffs soo). BUT. The point was her purpose is to show what you miss out on - a gentle reminder that without the bridge there would be more harmony between people and Pokemon. :) So in a way, both stories of the construction and the falling off the bridge could apply. As to why she appears randomly, it could be because she is spending her time working on her psychic powers until she can finally destroy the bridge and restore peace.

Or just an easter egg. Either works.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
We haven't really got that many ghost types that'd be suited to fit a future event tbh, other than maybe Jellicent, but I don't see how the third game would bring that together anyway. :x

Maybe her purpose is to represent that if the construction story is true, that people shouldn't tamper with nature or something, aka the lines of the future/past & natural (forest) & manmade (city). Just think how the bridge was before it was constructed - (if you look at it, it looks technologically advanced; so how does that apply to White which is "living in the past" and therefore before technology) wouldn't there be a giant gap between the two cliffs, and without the road overtop, there would be Pokemon out underneath (aka why we have a lack of water types but unrelated) because they would be like "oh hey no possible threats above, so we'll be fine to come out" and perhaps rock climb could have a use there, as well as finding a Vullaby trainer there, which B/W lacks (and vulture = cliffs soo). BUT. The point was her purpose is to show what you miss out on - a gentle reminder that without the bridge there would be more harmony between people and Pokemon. :) So in a way, both stories of the construction and the falling off the bridge could apply. As to why she appears randomly, it could be because she is spending her time working on her psychic powers until she can finally destroy the bridge and restore peace.

Or just an easter egg. Either works.

That's...that's a heck of an explanation O_o

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I was freaking out when i first saw her disappear and so was the guy next to her. I made her re appear once but the second time, the guy didn't say "whoa did she disappear" or something like that.

:t354:TG

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
My theory is that maybe it has something to do with Meloetta. Which of course would require an item obtained in some sort of event.

YesMyGengar

loli'mnew.
Years
It's a poke-coverup. Since it's all pixels, we don't see it clearly, but he actually pushes her. And since there is no animation for pushing from the sides, it just looked like she disappeared.
It's based since the two programmers of Pokemon murdered their families.
1)Old Chateau: The Progammer murdered his daughter and butler, hence the ghosts in the abandoned mansion. This progammer made a lot of money and could afford them, but debt took the best of him.
2)Bridge Girl: This Programmer pushed his wife off the edge. Simple and Clean.

...or just an Easter Egg.

Back