• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

What are you listening to? [Don't embed the videos!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Just Awake by Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

This isn't the actual music video nor a lyrics video, mind you. It is something I made. And is a shortened version. :p Here's the full version if anyone wants to listen to 3+ minutes of japanese goodness. ;p I'll start by saying that it is something very unconventional. It has autotune (I think) as well as screamo. I'm not a fan of either. If someone told me to listen to a jap song with autotune and screamo, I'd definitely give a 'you a weirdo? Why are you trying to recommend **** to me?' look, haha. Anyway, I'll talk about the song itself - never before has a japanese song like this ever made me love it. Granted, I can't understand japanese and wouldn't even know what the song means without reading translated lyrics, but there's always more to a song than the lyrics. A good song can effectively convey its meaning and strong emotions even if the viewer isn't someone who can understand the language the song is sung in, you know. :p I like the instrumentals in here. The song has a really, what's the word, 'cheerful' or 'upbeat' feel to it. Then there's the fact that I've always been a sucker for songs with a fast pace too, lmao. So yeah, love the voice (no matter how much editing it has undergone, if any), the instruments used, the pacing as well as the 'feel' of the song. <3; On a side note, it is the ed for Hunter X Hunter (2011) anime. I found it while watching that, just so you know.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Tesseract - Nocturne

I put on Music Choice: Metal every night when I go to sleep, and I occasionally here this song playing. I just remembered it and wanted to listen to it, haha! It's a pretty groovy song - and so is the band - and pretty different from the usual screaming a listen to; especially since the band is, from the songs I've listened to so far, only clean singing. The guitar tone the band uses is djent, I believe. I listen to a lot of bands that use djent now, too, and I'm pretty sure now that so many bands are using it, it's practically becoming it's own sub-genre in metal.

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Drowning Pool - Mute

Currently on turntable.fm with a bunch of friends so this si just what the current dj is playing. But I really like it. Never heard any of this band's music so this might be a new experience for me.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015

Omg, so like this is my favorite song right now <3

kuzronk

Banned
Years
Pink Triangle by Weezer -- My favorite lyric is "I'm dumb, she's a lesbian! We were as good as married in my mind, but married in my mind's no good." Girl I liked in high school ended up being a lesbian, so I can relate. xD
Rivers found out the girl wasn't really a lesbian and was just wearing a badge in support.

The band's now called Darling Thieves. Love this song so much.
Did they change it due to Kate trying to sue them?

Never heard any of this band's music so this might be a new experience for me.
You would have heard their song Bodies (That one that goes let the bodies hit the floor)

The Verve - Bitter Sweet Symphony

Only song I seem to like them by them.

Sir Codin

Yo, Eeveon, that song sounded great. I prefer original groove metal to it's heavily palm-muted derivative djent, though....

"Imperium (Live)" - Machine Head

My workout plan consists of turning this on, my speakers on full blast, and headbanging/thrashing around like f***ing crazy, as if I was at the show myself.

Better than hitting a treadmill.

Last edited:

kuzronk

Banned
Years
Queens Of The Stone Age - Turnin On The Screw
First listen to Era Vulgaris even thought I heard 3&7s a few times.

kuzronk

Banned
Years

The Timelords - Doctorin' The Tardis (12-inch mix)

Listening to this after I watched doctor who the first time.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014

Closer by Tegan and Sara - I've been super hooked on this song ever since I heard it on the radio a few weeks ago! I have been listening to it all the time and omg, it just keeps getting better each time. I'm getting their latest album to check that out now.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years

Youth - Daughter
Album: The Wild Youth

Ugh, this song's so good. Depending on a combination of what sorta thing you're into right now and what you're generally into you may or may not like it but I'd say it's pretty worth checking out anyway. It's sorta weird in the general overall mood in that it's somewhere between being relaxed and chilled and really dramatic but... it works oddly well imo. Couldn't go about listening to it on repeat but it's really, really good every once in a while.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years

ClariS - Irony (piano cover)

I'm actually sitting here on my laptop at work waiting for this lady to finish taking her shower so I can clean her bathroom. Listening to music at work is weird. I can't wear headphones since I have to be able to hear the residents at all times, but almost none of them mind if I play a playlist of piano covers from my laptop. Old people love pianos.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years

Garden - Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs
Album: Trouble

Best from the album imo. A bit different since it's really chilled next to the other stuff but still a load of fun and dayummmm is it awesome on a night out. <3

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023

Beetles- While my Guitar Gently Weeps
Such a great song, and if not their absolute best.

Crux

Evermore
Years
Foxy Shazam - Oh Lord

There is always a wrong to your right
And there will always be a war somewhere to fight
God knows i've had some rough ****** years
Oh, Oh Lord, Oh Lord, Keep on keepin on.​

Hey guys, i'm looking to expand my musical horizons!
So I would be much obliged if someone could offer up a few good; Pop, Rap, and or Hip Hop artists!
As a side note most of the rap i've encountered has been full of hate, so mayhap something a little more light-hearted?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
First attempt at posting a video. Hopefully I'm doing it right, considering that link didn't much help. x:

"Release the Panic" by Red.
I didn't like this song the first time I heard it. Then it played on an online radio weeks later and I loved it. c:

Crux

Evermore
Years
Avenged Sevenfold - A Little Peice of Heaven

This song is brutal, amazing, and perhaps one of the best love stories i've heard since lord knows when. Just in time for Valentine's Day!

[Agelimit] ages 16 at least! Contains strong language and violent images, veiwer discretion advised!
Spoiler:

[/agelimit]

Last edited:

Bounce

Blue eyes :3
Years
Third Eye Blind - Slow Motion (2006 Remastered LP Version)
Lyrics - (includes violence and drug references)

Spoiler:

This is a beautiful song with very strong lyrics. The combination of these two elements may seem completely contradictory, but it works out amazingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back