• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Royal Blue Ocean [Water Type Pokemon Club]

Drawing Contest Theme!

• Total voters

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
I would love just being able to go and relax by swimming for as long as I desired. Assuming I'd be a Piplup, I'd also get to enjoy being on land too, which is an added benefit. Also, swimming in really cold water wouldn't effect me at all, which is always nice. And since water is pretty much everywhere (the most abundant resource on the planet) being a water type would give me an advantage over all the other types, especially if you could manipulate it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
The owner of this club is looking for someone to take over, otherwise it'll be closed in a few days if no one wants to, so if anyone's interested in taking over send me a message!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Name: vaporeon7
2 Partner Pokemon: Vaporeon and Gorebyss
Why do you want to swim with us?: Because water is my favourite type and I like pretty much all of them.
Answer Current topic: Well I think they have a competitive advantage of only having a weakness to grass and electric. It's one reason that makes them such good bulky Pokémon.

Galoria

Moo~ ♪
Years
Name: Galoria

2 Partners Pokémon:
134.png
245.png

Why do you want to swim with us?:
In the first generation to the third generation, water Pokémon have been my favorite type,design and for their usefulness in combat and that they can counter the grass Pokémon
And because I love the water! Especially when it is hot ~

Answer Current topic: It is a good advantage to be a Water-Type. They can avoide any kind of danger by swimming in the see, because mostly, Water-Type can walk on the lands. In my opinion and in my experience in Pokémon, they're mostly good bulky Pokémon, like wartortle, in the old generation. And about the ability of "Skin Dry" is so useful when it is raining in battles.

27thColt

The Collector
Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2023
What do you think would be one of the better advantages of being a water type?

I could list a number of reasons.Many of them are from Bulbapedia.

-Being a water type,you get the MOST amount of pokemon so that means a lot of diversity.What I mean is something like Quilfish won't be like Swampert or Empoleon or Alomomola.
-You have only 2 weaknesses and if you are a water/ground,you can handle both types quite easily.
-It is the type that gets paired up with the most types as in dual types except fire.This means even MORE diversity.
-There stats are even and not solely strong on one type or weak in another type.
-It beats three of the most threatining types:fire,ground,rock
-With many dual type pokemon with many different types,you get to get a big movepool on many pokemon.

So,that is why it is one of the better advantages of being a water type.

Years
What do you think would be one of the better advantages of being a Water-type?

The fact they have been paired with almost every type imaginable, making for loads of diversity, being the most common Pokemon type, the helpful moves they can use like Surf for crossing water, using moves like Ice Beam to counter Grass-types, they are strong against three common attacking types (Rock, Fire and Ground), and most Water-types tend to get balanced stats.

This is why Water-types are my favorites!

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Is it too late to join? Nah, jk :P

Name: MidnightShine
2 Partner Pokemon:
503.png
and
272.png

Why do you want to swim with us?: Cuz making new friends are fun! And the Water type is also one of my fav types, cuz it has many useful, powerful and nice-looking Pokemon imo.
Answer Current topic: Well, I think Water types get an advantage cuz first, they can abuse some good moves such as Hydro Pump and Waterfall. Plus, some water types are high in Speed so they can easily outspeed other Pokemon and beat them in seconds flat.

Whew, its like 12 am+ here so I cant really think straight. Sorry if I sounded like a total noob back there lol

[email protected]

Poke guru
Years
hi I am an advanced pokemon trainer majoring in the water type I am new to the pokecommunity so I have no idea what to expect but I will follow your rules.
My favorite water type pokemon are happy the politoed,mr slow the slowking and leonira the kingdra :3

I think it probably is because Azurill just hasn't learnt to adapt to the water yet.
hi um I believe for that azurill is a normal type because it is a baby aqua rabbit and cannot swim yet that is just my guess.

Name: vaporeon7
2 Partner Pokemon: Vaporeon and Gorebyss
Why do you want to swim with us?: Because water is my favourite type and I like pretty much all of them.
Answer Current topic: Well I think they have a competitive advantage of only having a weakness to grass and electric. It's one reason that makes them such good bulky Pokémon.
hi I have a goreybyss named angel and becaue they could have high stats or amazing abilities like drizzle and kabutops has an attack raised all the way can be 412

Last edited:

Galoria

Moo~ ♪
Years
Here a new topic I hope you will like!

New Generation, mean new film. So if there is a water type protagonist, what happnes, what he goona do? etc..

Back