• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) Discussion Thread 2013

Years
Wind Waker HD and Xenoblade are the only things that interested me and one is a remake.

So, I am afraid I won't be buying your console, Nintendo.​

Years
I'm still catching up on PS4 info as I couldn't watch the conference due to time.

From what I gather so far it wins though. £79 cheaper, FFXV (should still be called Vs.XIII but oh well), job done.

That said I don't think there's enough on either console to actually warrant my money on release or the Christmas which will quickly follow release. My 360 will probably stick around for a good while yet.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I think Sony won this game with Final Fantasy XV and KH3 (and I see several of you agree xD), also their console is less expansive than the Xbox One.

I must say I felt like Nintendo did the weakest...and Microsoft doesn't even have games I play but they sure looked cooler.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I want to know how Nintendo is the weakest?

Because in terms of games, Sony is.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I think Sony won this game with Final Fantasy XV and KH3 (and I see several of you agree xD), also their console is less expansive than the Xbox One.

I must say I felt like Nintendo did the weakest...and Microsoft doesn't even have games I play but they sure looked cooler.
So you think they were better for their presentation than what they actually presented?

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I'm so surprised at the people praising Sony's presentation. In terms of games, even Microsoft had a much better showing, and they actually made me think about next gen. Sony was super underwhelming in that department.

But nope, because they announced the lack of a DRM, their presentation is suddenly the best ever. It's so sad we're seeing people getting sooo excited about it, to the point they forget about the other anti-consumer policy they're bringing in, a paywall for online. (Microsoft had it before, sure, and there's no defending it, or this.)

If no DRM is what people wanted, might as well look into the Wii U.

EDIT: Let's not forget how the PS3 had a better showing than the Vita.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I'm so surprised at the people praising Sony's presentation. In terms of games, even Microsoft had a much better showing, and they actually made me think about next gen. Sony was super underwhelming in that department.

But nope, because they announced the lack of a DRM, their presentation is suddenly the best ever. It's so sad we're seeing people getting sooo excited about it, to the point they forget about the other anti-consumer policy they're bringing in, a paywall for online. (Microsoft had it before, sure, and there's no defending it, or this.)

If no DRM is what people wanted, might as well look into the Wii U.
Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy XV was pretty much all they needed to win, that was pretty much their "if anything goes wrong, we'll still win" button; nothing could have lessened such an announcement. Then, of course, there was Destiny, to appeal to the non-KH/FF crowds, as well as Beyond Two Souls, Second Son, Annual Ass Creed, Tearaway, ESO (if I recall) and...well...the Xbone's expense. They were pretty much guaranteed fanfare, they showed pretty much everything most crowds of gamers would have wanted.

Years
It's harsh to say Nintendo did the weakest as they don't have a new console on the way so they don't have a similar aim to Microsoft and Sony.

That said I'm not really defending Nintendo, the Wii U deserves to do terrible because of its technological inferiority and poor marketing, I really have no idea what they were thinking with the Wii U really unless they thought that the 360 and PS3 wouldn't be replaced for a few years. The 3DS has a lot of good things ahead now though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy and Destiny were not announced as exclusives and thus most likely aren't. I'm looking for exclusives here when it comes the big three.

Other than that, it's stuff we already saw, plus The Order which is eh imo.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
That said I'm not really defending Nintendo, the Wii U deserves to do terrible because of its technological inferiority and poor marketing, I really have no idea what they were thinking with the Wii U really unless they thought that the 360 and PS3 wouldn't be replaced for a few years. The 3DS has a lot of good things ahead now though.
Is that really fair? The 3DS, DS, and Wii were (and are) all inferior to their competition by quite a bit, but they did so well that they all practically left their competition in the dust. The Wii U's problem is the exact same problem that plagued the Gamecube: low 3rd party support (though, ironically, Gamecube was the strongest system of its generation, iirc). It doesn't have a library and it has no foreseeable library. I don't think it deserves to do badly because it's weaker, that wouldn't be fair, but I think that they'll need to make some quick and drastic moves/changes if things don't turn around soon for the Wii U.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I did like Nintendo's presentation, but at the same time, I just expected more from Nintendo. I mean, sure, there were a list of video games that they've announced to fit in their Wii U console, but then again, someone might ask, why should I buy the Wii U? Granted, games like the new DKC and the new Wind Waker remake looks good, but, I just have this sensation that Nintendo isn't telling us everything. Like... from a perspective, sure these games are great, but, what sets them apart from the other ports on the 3DS, or other games from that matter?

Just a thought.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
So you think they were better for their presentation than what they actually presented?
Well the game looked interesting, such that I actually wish I could play some of them, though not enough to buy an Xbox One.

I found it odd that KH 3 wasn't announced as an exclusive as thus far it's only been exclusive to one platform for every game. However if that's true it'll be nice for those who own a different console as that's one of it's biggest criticisms, to play the series one must have a thousand consoles, and from different publishers too.

Also Nintendo itself didn't introduce much new stuff either...
This is a strange position for me as Nintendo is my favorite of the three...however I won't be blind to admit their lost.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy and Destiny were not announced as exclusives and thus most likely aren't. I'm looking for exclusives here when it comes the big three.

Other than that, it's stuff we already saw, plus The Order which is eh imo.
It's more about when it happened rather than the status of the product to the masses, and its all about the approval ratings to the company (which will definitely come back to aid Sony (and SE) in the future). It's because it happened at Sony's that people are so ecstatic, and that's what Sony wanted. It certainly worked out for them.

Though Kingdom Hearts will probably be exclusive. None of the KH titles have ever been on a non-Sony home console (though they're fair game with the portables). Final Fantasy will also probably be Sony exclusive, since the only FF to date (not counting remakes or the Nintendo days of yore) to ever go multiplat was the XIII trilogy, with XIV being PC/PS3.

Years
Is that really fair? The 3DS, DS, and Wii were (and are) all inferior to their competition by quite a bit, but they did so well that they all practically left their competition in the dust. The Wii U's problem is the exact same problem that plagued the Gamecube: low 3rd party support (though, ironically, Gamecube was the strongest system of its generation, iirc). It doesn't have a library and it has no foreseeable library. I don't think it deserves to do badly because it's weaker, that wouldn't be fair, but I think that they'll need to make some quick and drastic moves/changes if things don't turn around soon for the Wii U.

It depends on your perspective really, but from my eyes Nintendo decided 'oh lets make this giant controller to fight the tablets' instead of actually fighting the other home consoles by making the Wii U's specs competitive for next gen, instead they seem more matched to competition with the 360 and the PS3. Therefore you could argue the lack of 3rd party support is justified as developers don't want to waste time on less powerful console. Their game will also be probably be less successful on Wii U due to the larger casual audience.

By putting the Wii U out there so early they basically have restricted themselves to using Mario alone to sell consoles. I suppose for many on here the Wii U is their perfect console, but for a wide amount of the gaming audience it's pretty poor.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
Yeah, FF15, and KH3 is going on PS4, and Xbox One. I mean good for fans on both sides of the systems. I'm getting PS4 version for sure. :). I'm happy Ps4 is region free, so I will import KH3!! :3

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
It depends on your perspective really, but from my eyes Nintendo decided 'oh lets make this giant controller to fight the tablets' instead of actually fighting the other home consoles by making the Wii U's specs competitive for next gen, instead they seem more matched to competition with the 360 and the PS3. Therefore you could argue the lack of 3rd party support is justified as developers don't want to waste time on less powerful console. Their game will also be probably be less successful on Wii U due to the larger casual audience.

By putting the Wii U out there so early they basically have restricted themselves to using Mario alone to sell consoles. I suppose for many on here the Wii U is their perfect console, but for a wide amount of the gaming audience it's pretty poor.
I blame the overly ambitious innovation. Unlike the touch screen or motion control, this console hinges on something that most devs don't want to work with and don't even see catching on. Honestly, I wish that they had gone more traditional, 'cause heck, the tablet even scares me away. The only thing that really attracts me to the Wii U is X which, funnily enough, probably won't hinge on the tablet.

But I think this is the kick in the pants that Nintendo needs for 9th gen. They will change their game, they have to. I can't see things doing a 180 any time soon, if at all, and I actually think it to be better for them to do badly with this one because they do have the potential for high sales and popularity, as past generations have shown.

Years
I blame the overly ambitious innovation. Unlike the touch screen or motion control, this console hinges on something that most devs don't want to work with and don't even see catching on. Honestly, I wish that they had gone more traditional, 'cause heck, the tablet even scares me away. The only thing that really attracts me to the Wii U is X which, funnily enough, probably won't hinge on the tablet.

But I think this is the kick in the pants that Nintendo needs for 9th gen. They will change their game, they have to. I can't see things doing a 180 any time soon, if at all, and I actually think it to be better for them to do badly with this one because they do have the potential for high sales and popularity, as past generations have shown.

I completely agree, nothing would please me more than to see Nintendo bring out a real challenger when we get to the next round of consoles. Also if they do go down the same route again with their Wii U follow up I really hope they drop the 'Wii' from the title. For a lot of people who are perhaps less educated in the gaming world, it seems as if the Wii U is like an edition of the Wii rather than a whole new console in its own right. The lack of marketing for the console hasn't really helped Nintendo's cause with that issue either.

Also I'm not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but did anyone catch the Destiny trailer? I'm pretty disappointed in Bungie, they really seem to have followed the Halo route all over again. Would it have killed them to have come up with a new concept?

Edit: Omg just realised a new SW Battlefront was announced, oh life is good again.

Last edited:

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I don't see how people say Sony was weak in terms of games. The whole conference was two hours of rapid-fire game trailers, announcements, and demos. We had trailers leading into trailers, with hardly any pause in-between. Microsoft showed a lot of games, yeah, but I honestly think Sony showed more, and Sony definitely had more variety. Not only that, but for those concerned with graphics, PS4 games look a hell of a lot better than the Xbone footage we saw.

And Nintendo was seriously disappointing. Two HD 3DS rehashes (so much for a proper 3D Mario) and Retro's big new project is...another Donkey Kong Country. Wii U is going to have another weak holiday without a real system-seller (a ten-year-old game port and another practically-2D Mario are not system sellers) and I don't really see how Nintendo is going to turn things around, especially if they insist on staying at $349.

BraveNewWorld

The Breaker
Years
Nintendo Direct was so disappointing to me.

Mario 3D Land was a great game on the 3DS. Bringing its sequel, and keeping 3D in the title, to the Wii U is just dumb. Where's the sprawling open world for Mario to run around in?

Where's Retro's big game? The big secret is certainly not Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

The only three games I'm interested in are Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros., and DKC. My Wii U purchase still hasn't been justified...

Back