• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

Years
Wow. Just wow.You just blew my mind. It has everything I love about kanto and more. Plus the graphics. OMG the graphics. Its what I have always wanted out of a hack and more. The added story is great and the new rival is a nice touch.

I do have a couple questions. Did you change charmanders stats because his defense seems lower. Nothing wrong with that as I always felt charmander and charmelon were too OP anyways as long as charizard is still the same :) Also did you add all baby pokemon of pokemon gen 3 and below or just some? Cause I could deal without Mr. mime Jr. but the other babies I enjoy. Thank you and keep this up.

P.S. when I download 1.1 and try to unzip it wont allow me. Might be an error on my part but just wanted to make sure

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
New update!
This is Beta 1.1.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dn10ly8t7a8d034

This is just a bugfix release.

These bugs have been fixed:
*Issues when teleporting to the wrong place has been fixed
*After using Disable, glitchy text won't appear anymore
*Movement permission error in Viridian Forest fixed
*The guy who got robbed in Cerulean now has correct dialogue after you beat the Rocket Grunt
*The cut tree by the Hiker on Route 10 no longer freezes the game
*Rocket Grunt script on Nugget Bridge no longer repeats (Note: You will have to fight him one more time if you already fought him, because I changed the variable that the script uses in order for it to work)

These adjustments have been made:
*TM03 has been changed back to Water Pulse
*Misty's Pokémon now use Water Pulse instead of Scald, so her Starmie isn't super OP anymore
*The TM lady in the Underground Market now sells Sandstorm
*Brain Freeze now has a new animation
*A couple typos fixed
*New Bicycle music, a remix made by me, with inspiration from Pokémon Origins
*The Charmander family now learns Dragonbreath instead of Draco Bullet/Dragon Rage
*Eevee can now evolve into Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, and Glaceon, all of which are obtainable in this release (You can get your stone items from the Stone Merchant in the Underground Market after you've beaten Lt. Surge. The egg that the old lady gives you in the Underground Path will hatch into an Eevee)

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Can we use our old save files with Beta 1.1?
Yes.
All 1.0 saves are compatible with 1.1 and all future releases.

However, please note that I changed the variable for the Rocket Grunt on the Nugget Bridge. Simply fight him again and you'll be set.

I do have a couple questions. Did you change charmanders stats because his defense seems lower. Nothing wrong with that as I always felt charmander and charmelon were too OP anyways as long as charizard is still the same :)
I did not modify any of the Pokemon's base stats. The only thing I modified was the base exp. yield of the starter Pokemon to prevent you from leveling up during the first rival battle so then you don't fight Green/Red with a Lv6 (B2/W2 did the same thing, they changed the Unova starter's exp yield so that you level up in B2/W2 because you only have 1 rival instead of 2)

Also did you add all baby pokemon of pokemon gen 3 and below or just some? Cause I could deal without Mr. mime Jr. but the other babies I enjoy. Thank you and keep this up.

P.S. when I download 1.1 and try to unzip it wont allow me. Might be an error on my part but just wanted to make sure
All baby Pokemon that are related to Gen I Pokemon are in. Even if you think Mime Jr. is useless, it is related to Mr. Mime, and my rule for DarkViolet is that all Gen I related Pokemon are in, regardless of how useless they are in terms of battle.

As for the 1.1 zip idk what the problem is, I downloaded it and it worked fine.

Last edited:

Trainer 781

Played through the first alpha. It was really amazing. It is great to see new moves and animations in the game. The music sounds fantastic. Bit disappointed that charmeleon's dragon rage was removed (It was able to OHKO two of brocks's pkm XD). But it is your hack and keep up the amazing work.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
New update!
This is Beta 1.1.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dn10ly8t7a8d034

This is just a bugfix release.

These bugs have been fixed:
*Issues when teleporting to the wrong place has been fixed
*After using Disable, glitchy text won't appear anymore
*Movement permission error in Viridian Forest fixed
*The guy who got robbed in Cerulean now has correct dialogue after you beat the Rocket Grunt
*The cut tree by the Hiker on Route 10 no longer freezes the game
*Rocket Grunt script on Nugget Bridge no longer repeats (Note: You will have to fight him one more time if you already fought him, because I changed the variable that the script uses in order for it to work)

These adjustments have been made:
*TM03 has been changed back to Water Pulse
*Misty's Pokémon now use Water Pulse instead of Scald, so her Starmie isn't super OP anymore
*The TM lady in the Underground Market now sells Sandstorm
*Brain Freeze now has a new animation
*A couple typos fixed
*New Bicycle music, a remix made by me, with inspiration from Pokémon Origins
*The Charmander family now learns Dragonbreath instead of Draco Bullet/Dragon Rage
*Eevee can now evolve into Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, and Glaceon, all of which are obtainable in this release (You can get your stone items from the Stone Merchant in the Underground Market after you've beaten Lt. Surge. The egg that the old lady gives you in the Underground Path will hatch into an Eevee)
Someone pointed out that Blue had an text problem when leaving Mt.Moon on a earlier page.

Shangahyando

The odd one.
Years
It's awesome to see you're still progressing with this hack! Its graphic is really refined and fits the FR climate. I feel it's going to be one of better ones. Just a question, will it be possible to play further versions on previous version saves?
PS. sorries for my English, I'm not native English speaker.

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
Years
I just got a little problem here. >.<
When i patched the game to beta 1, and used my save file on the alpha(the last one) the mart on the poke center or the marts i should say, dont sell anything. It is just a bunch of question marks? How can i fix it?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
It's awesome to see you're still progressing with this hack! Its graphic is really refined and fits the FR climate. I feel it's going to be one of better ones. Just a question, will it be possible to play further versions on previous version saves?
PS. sorries for my English, I'm not native English speaker.
All Beta 1 saves are compatible with future releases.

I just got a little problem here. >.<
When i patched the game to beta 1, and used my save file on the alpha(the last one) the mart on the poke center or the marts i should say, dont sell anything. It is just a bunch of question marks? How can i fix it?
Alpha releases aren't compatible with Beta releases because I've changed some of the early-game variables for glitch fixing. Although I don't know why it would affect the Poke Mart since that's something that didn't need fixing. Sorry, don't really know what to tell you besides make sure you're patching a clean ROM.

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
First of all, just like to say that I have been waiting for a mod/hack like this for a while. Great work, looks excellent from the screenshots and videos. However, I have a problem, I've downloaded the most recent version and have downloaded the Alpha 1.1 version too and unfortunately I keep getting a black screen. I'm using the VBA emulator and I don't have any problems with other Pokemon roms. The game starts fine and even get to go through Prof. Oak's introduction, but when the character shrinks, the screen goes black. I have searched online and can't seem to find a solution, any help would bl appreciated. I really want to play this rom. Oh, I have deselected-unselected real time clock and changed save type speed, but this doesn't fix it. Thanks in advance for any help.

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
First of all, just like to say that I have been waiting for a mod/hack like this for a while. Great work, looks excellent from the screenshots and videos. However, I have a problem, I've downloaded the most recent version and have downloaded the Alpha 1.1 version too and unfortunately I keep getting a black screen. I'm using the VBA emulator and I don't have any problems with other Pokemon roms. The game starts fine and even get to go through Prof. Oak's introduction, but when the character shrinks, the screen goes black. I have searched online and can't seem to find a solution, any help would bl appreciated. I really want to play this rom. Oh, I have deselected-unselected real time clock and changed save type speed, but this doesn't fix it. Thanks in advance for any help.

Have you tried patching to a different ROM? That may sometimes be the case.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 24, 2018
az-1989, try downloading a fresh FireRed ROM...

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
Thanks for the reply guys, it worked. I thought the rom was clean as it works when I patch other Fire Read hacks to it. But oh well, cheers guys. :)

Back