• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Blue Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years

Pokemon Blue Chrome is no longer in development. Neither the game, nor the thread will be updated.
page1.png

page2.png

page4.png

page3.png

>>>DOWNLOAD<<<
>>>DOWNLOAD PATCH<<<

button2.png

TheCult.png

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
i pm you about the mapping....but i dont want the maps to be hacked...i need them in RMXP format

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
...huh, I seriously didn't notice the existence of this topic until a few moments ago. Let's go:
Pokemon Blue Chrome

Introduction
Pokemon Blue Chrome Sounds like a FRLG title...oh, duh, that might be how you came up with it. is a Pokemon Fangame Developed by DragoChamp based on Flameguru's Pokemon Starter Kit (with Poccil's modifications). Pokemon Blue Chrome is made with RPGMaker XP and currently uses the GameBoy Advance Graphics RSE or FRLG? Big difference...I, for example, don't like FRLG, whereas many others could care less for Hoenn's look..

New Information
Pokemon Blue Chrome features all the existing Pokemon and 200 more Overkill~look at Sinnoh's size. Much of the nat'l Dex can be chained. Think how hard it would be to find what you want to catch or defeat for EVs if you crammed 700 pkmns' first stages into, say, twenty-five routes (being generous). Do the math as to the average pkmn count per route.... As well as s Pokedex featuring 712 Pokemon Since when are there 512 existing pkmn?, Pokemon Blue Chrome features Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh plus a new region called Mayerotlis Don't claim this...just don't. And I'm getting tired of explaining why...but I'll briefly hit one point: you cannot make any decent story that goes across that many regions in one game. There will be no driving force, and the gameplay will get repetative insanely quickly, especially if your tileset has been seen before.. This game will incorporate a full battle system with battle animations and a fully configured Pokedex that can be set to 3 different modes: Regional (Kanto), International (Kanto, Johto and the 3 starters from Hoenn) and National (Full Pokedex).

Story
The story of Pokemon Blue Chrome is a saga of all the already existing Pokemon games with a little twist in every region ...so it follows the usual formula, you're saying?. The game beginns in Kanto where you can choose from 4 Characters (Gary, Blue, Gold and May). The player will have to solve riddles based on the original games (Crystal, Fire Red, Emerald and Platinum). These riddles will help the player advance to newer regions ...example? I don't get it.. During the path that the player must go through in order to progress, the story will be interrupted by various characters from other regions that will provide an introduction to the next region. Some plots will require travelling to another region in order to be completed Provide an example, please..
In a world this big, the player should carefull read and interpret all the given information in order to be able to advance throughout the game, and the developer should give said information.

Resources
Pokemon Blue Chrome uses custom made graphics for the Menu, Pokedex, Bag, PC and the 200 new Pokemon. Other graphics, such as tilesets, will be from the tilesets provided in Pokemon Fire Red Bleh....
The sound system will have music from all the various Pokemon games This is the easy way out...vgmusic.com is NOT the way to impress anyone. You shouldn't recycle unles you're alluding to something or trying to establish a connection. The arranged Game Corner in DPPt is appropriate because, well, it is a game corner. If I used the Spear Pillar theme on my title screen just for the sake of it, well, obviously it doesn't fit (unless my game is about the Spear Pillar, which it ain't). including custom made music for the new pokemon and areas.

Screenshots
Still to come.

Progress
KANTO |||||||||||||||||| 100%
JOHTO ||||||||------------ 40%
HOENN ---------------------- 0%
SINNOH --------------------- 0%
GAME SYSTEMS |||||||||||||||---- 80%
POKEMON GRAPHICS |||||||||||----- 80%
STORY LINE ||||---------------- 20%
TRAINER GRAPHICS ||||||||----------- 50%
TILESET GRAPHICS ||||||||----------- 50%
MUSIC FILES |||||||---------- 50% You already have two regions worth of music? If so, you must have been working on this for a while...[/b\

Team
Creator and main game developer: DragoChamp
Spriters: None - 5 places open
Scripters: None - 5 places open
Composers: None - 5 places open
Mappers: alexander7161 - 4 places open
Game Testers: None - 2 places open

Any member of the Pokemon Blue Chrome Development team can create his/her custom trainer/pokemon graphics and be involved in the plot of the game. Any suggestions and new ideas are accepted.

Support Banners
Still to come.

Credits
Flameguru - Starter Kit
Poccil - Starter Kit Scripts
4'th Gen Matt - Platinum Sprites

I'd like to see some actual story, not an explanation of what the story is--see the difference? You didn't actually tell me anything there...

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Yes, I agree with Agent Zero's last comment... Power to you for what seems to be a heck of a lot of work done already. The trouble is, and this is one of te problems faced by many long games, is the question of how you will carry the gameplay through that many regions. Sure the story will get bland, most do after even one region, and I'm not necesarily saying you should worry about it right away.
What I do think you should think about is why. Why would someone want to play through 5 regions if all they are doing is seeing the same, recycled ideas. A map has to follow a form, yes? Well, in a city you have to have certain things, and on a route you have to have some of the same elements. The idea behind pokemon is that these elements are entertaining for a little while, but if a player is essentially playing through one prolonged region, the game loses all play value.

Still, it's good to hear that you already have one whole region mapped.

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2022
Ill join

Ill join I have RMXP and I am a good mapper and eventer, if you want PM me

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Thanks for the critics and the support....i'm acctually glad someone noticed the project. The story will not be simply recicled, but it contains everything done so far (since i dont want to make only one region). The reason i made it this big is that when i personally finish a Pokemon game i get bored of it. Usually the games are straight forward and it doesn't take me more than 2 days to finish it. After completing the game i get bored of it and wonder why i acctually bought the game. Here i try to create a game that is familiar to many people but a game that will last longer so that people could enjoy the world of Pokemon as a whole. I put so many regions because it allows me this expansion.

Update: The 712 pokemon project might be cancelled since i dont have too many spriters. And there don't exist 512 its just that i wrote that down in a bad way

PS. i'm not going to put up the details of the story yet, because im still developing twists in the already existing plots and am making up new stuff. All i can tell you is that i'm going to link the fifth region by using celebi's special ability. When you meet him, he takes you to the future (which is the fifth region). There the player tries to find a way back home. Once you catch Celebi (i'm not going to reveal how) and collected the item called Time Flute, you can use Celebi's ability to travell to the future and catch the remaining Pokemon there.

Last edited:

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
But do you have a reason for that...? It's nice that you can breeze through a game, but can you keep the plot running that long? Consider size implications? Now, any pkmn game is not a 2-day thing if A)you do other things than video games in your life and B)do a monotype run. They take a little more time...

Why does Celebi take you to the future? Seems forced...and, wait, you're working backwards. Then how does it start? The beginning must somehow lead to Celebi taking you to the future which then should undoubtedly lead to some end of the long adventure climax...
Time Flute? Sounds like a rip-off of the Azure Flute...why does it control Celebi? How do you know how to use it? Do you realise what owning and harnessing Celebi's abilities means? Infinite time travel...uh, no thanks.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Heh...my english is not that good and i dont think i'm able answering all your questions. This is still a working project and i'm getting more and more ideas as i run along. Celebi's location is in Johto and you first need to pass through Kanto to get there. I didn't want to link the new are in the same old style, so i tried something new. And infinite time travel...NO. Time Flute is acctually not a rip off from Azure flute...I got it more from Colloseum. The Time Flute is not a key item so it's not permanent. There will be 5 flutes all together...one in each region, so you should use them wisely because 3 of the legendary Pokemon are located in the future.

I will keep this thread updated and i hope that one day i will answer your questions. But thank you for your time.

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
Heh...my english is not that good ...would a translator help? Idk... and i dont think i'm able answering all your questions Then I have a suggestion...see outside the quote tags.. This is still a working project and i'm getting more and more ideas as i run along. Celebi's location is in Johto and you first need to pass through Kanto to get there Yeah, but why are there two/three regions AFTER that, let alone this one?. I didn't want to link the new are in the same old style I...don't follow..., so i tried something new. And infinite time travel...NO. Time Flute is acctually not a rip off from Azure flute...I got it more from Colloseum. The Time Flute is not a key item so it's not permanent How does it run out? Does it break when played? So...perhaps it's fragile? Maybe it's handcrafted...maybe it was built to bust in order to ensure that whatever its powers are are not abused.. There will be 5 flutes all together...one in each region Convenience, so you should use them wisely because 3 of the legendary Pokemon are located in the future How come? Why do you catch them? Are they even plot-related (they're better when they aren't, tbh)?.
I think you should take a step back and ask yourself why you need five regions...condensing this project which is flying all over the place into one bowl would do you a tremendous amount of good, I think. If you overdevelop a single region, even by expanding the map with help of the anime (or something), you would have an adventure long enough to keep the player occupied and short enough that you can handle.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
The reason why i need all these regions is because i want every pokemon to be catchable. I want the player to be able to play with all the legendaries and in order to do that i need this many regions. If i use only one it will be overpacked with different pokemon and every route will have to have 20 different pokemon...which i don't like

Also one more thing....im new to this forum so im not quite familiar to the rules and all that. So i was wondering why my thread has been moved?

Last edited:

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
If it was in Game Showcase before, than it was probably moved because you haven't shown sufficient progress on your game. I'm sure once you have plenty of screenshots and have proof that you've made a lot of progress, they'll move it back into Game Showcase.

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
The bolds are beneath this =O...
The reason why i need all these regions is because i want every pokemon to be catchable ...yeah? So? I agree that you need many regions for that, but Gamefreak doesn't even cram that all into one game.... I want the player to be able to play with all the legendaries and in order to do that i need this many regions Making ALL of them accessible...what a task.. If i use only one it will be overpacked with different pokemon and every route will have to have 20 different pokemon...which i don't like Then don't have 493 pkmn...you don't need it. Answer this: how will your story flow between those regions?

Also one more thing....im new to this forum so im not quite familiar to the rules and all that. So i was wondering why my thread has been moved Depends where it started...the post above me sort of explains that <<.?

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I hope to post some screenshots by today evening
Mrchewy: It was not in the games showcase section...I created it in the normal game development section.

Agent Zero: I'm updating the story part tomorrow, and hope it answeres your questions.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Oh... my. Those battle screenshots could use some work. You obviously stretched the bottom of the sprites and compressed the tops so that they could fit into the fields. As a result, it has a very strange, if not just plain 'shopped look to it. If you're using the starter kit, which it looks like you are, I believe poccil was kind enough to leave sprites of the 493. In other words, please don't use those strange, stretched forms.

Also, I think I've seen that OW somewhere... but maybe it's just me.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Oh... my. Those battle screenshots could use some work. You obviously stretched the bottom of the sprites and compressed the tops so that they could fit into the fields. As a result, it has a very strange, if not just plain 'shopped look to it. If you're using the starter kit, which it looks like you are, I believe poccil was kind enough to leave sprites of the 493. In other words, please don't use those strange, stretched forms.

Also, I think I've seen that OW somewhere... but maybe it's just me.

The Screenshots are more streched than i expected. All of my Pokemon sprites are 100x100 (to fit the screen), and the OW is mine. I'm still updating the way the battle scene works...i plan to make a different selection menu.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Just so you know, if you got those snow tiles from me, i took them from Kyledoves mmo wrongfully (dont start an argument, its done) and you CAN NOT use them. Kyle has told me he is working on some though.

Yes I got them from you, and I'll remove them. I'm in need of snow tiles and will ask Kyledove for the other ones if they are available. Thanks for the information.

KlassicXL

Death & Design
Years
I like how interactive you've made the game, but I was wondering have you ever considered making more than just 3 starters? Cause I've always wanted to start with a different Pokemon as it gives me a higher level of priority into leveling them. Maybe a starter for each type?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back