• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Other hack: The True Pokemon Saga

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Well I'm sure you're probably thinking the title sounds pretty stupid.

Anyways, this is a series of three hacks. Well, technically it's four hacks, but I'm not going to release one of them since I'm only making these for my own enjoyment. I want to fully bring out the story of the Pokemon games, and erase all continuity errors in the games. Basically, I'm going to create an "updated" version of Pokemon FireRed, Emerald, and HeartGold (and Platinum but I'm going to change so little in it that I'm not going to bother releasing it). Now I know many of you guys are thinking that doing this will be way too easy (it kinda is), but I'm not doing this to show off my "skills" (which I have none), I'm doing this for my own enjoyment. Because I realized that some of the Pokemon games are way too easy, so I'm "fixing" them, and once I get an AceKard for my Nintendo DS (and also a GBA flashcart), I can play these for my own enjoyment. So really, don't complain, since I'm only posting this to see what other people think.

Anyways, here's the hacks:
FireRed:
Spoiler:

Emerald:
Spoiler:

HeartGold:
Spoiler:

Platinum:
Spoiler:

Remember, the Crystal hack is a "preview" of what my HeartGold hack is going to be.

Last edited:

Neo-Wolf

I am back!
Years
Well, this is a nice idea for a short term project. The good thing is that it has downloads. The bad thing is that that it is just a better FireRed.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Well, this is a nice idea for a short term project. The good thing is that it has downloads. The bad thing is that that it is just a better FireRed.
What do you expect, a new region with lame fakemon :/ ? I know this isn't anything big, and it's not supposed to be. I'm just correcting the Pokemon games the way I think they should have been. For FireRed, I'm trying to make it so that Kanto is more consistent with the HG/SS Kanto. For Emerald, I'm trying to make it so that Hoenn actually looks like a tropical region. For HeartGold/Crystal, I'm trying to make it so that Johto Pokemon are actually common and that the levels aren't so low. It's just to make the games more consistent with one another. Why should R/S/E get Kanto Pokemon and their Gen II evolutions while FR/LG doesn't? If R/S/E and FR/LG take place at the same time, they should have made more of an effort to make it look like that. One of the things I've modified in FireRed is the PokeDex, and if you notice all Gen II pre-evolutions and evolutions have been added. On my planned HG hack, the Johto Dex will have a lot less Kanto Pokemon, and it will mainly be Johto-only Pokemon and their Kanto/Hoenn/Sinnoh evolutions (for instance, if Kingdra is in, so is Horsea and Seadra, if Wobbuffet is in, so is Wynaut, if Murkrow is in, so is Honchkrow), and then it will have a few Kanto species that are in every region (like Abra and Magikarp).

An idea: You could also replace all Pokemon sprites with the ones Wichu posted. That'd be great!
I'll take a look at them and see...

EDIT: Um... all the sprites I saw were just either fakemon or animated D/P sprites.

Last edited:

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
I'll take a look at them and see...

EDIT: Um... all the sprites I saw were just either fakemon or animated D/P sprites.
No see, he posted the full list of DP Pokemon. The Platinum sprites. That includes the Kanto Pokemon. I agree with Colorful Summer, it would make a great addition!

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
No see, he posted the full list of DP Pokemon. The Platinum sprites. That includes the Kanto Pokemon. I agree with Colorful Summer, it would make a great addition!
You mean make the Gen III games use Platinum sprites? Sorry, but that's not going to happen. Even though it would make a great addition, I want each game to have it's own set of sprites. If every game looked like Platinum's, then that would be boring. Every sprite I replace will be custom made by me (unless if I see a cool-looking sprite, then I'll ask the creator). I changed Gengar's sprite in FireRed because I didn't like the FR/LG sprite. Each game should have it's own set of sprites, not all of them being the same.

Though for FireRed, I will definitely change all the sprites of all the new Pokemon in the Kanto Dex (such as Crobat, Magby, Kingdra).

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
You mean make the Gen III games use Platinum sprites? Sorry, but that's not going to happen. Even though it would make a great addition, I want each game to have it's own set of sprites. If every game looked like Platinum's, then that would be boring. Every sprite I replace will be custom made by me (unless if I see a cool-looking sprite, then I'll ask the creator). I changed Gengar's sprite in FireRed because I didn't like the FR/LG sprite. Each game should have it's own set of sprites, not all of them being the same.

Though for FireRed, I will definitely change all the sprites of all the new Pokemon in the Kanto Dex (such as Crobat, Magby, Kingdra).
Alright, I understand where you're coming from. Anyways, you could use his resource to replace some of the sprites that don't look good. Good luck on this.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Alright, I understand where you're coming from. Anyways, you could use his resource to replace some of the sprites that don't look good. Good luck on this.
Don't worry, I will be changing more sprites than just Gengar. There were certain Kanto Pokemon that didn't get new sprites in FR/LG depsite being in the Kanto Dex, such as Pikachu, Goldeen, Vaporeon, etc. Those Pokemon will be getting new sprites. I changed Gengar's sprite just for the heck of it. I'm going to also change the sprites of Kanto related Pokemon, like Crobat and Magby.

Anyways, here's the new Route 3 that I finished today:
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/9867/route3r.png

I know it doesn't look exactly like how it does in HG/SS, but I have to make it look like it was 3 years before but at the same time changing the layout to the HG/SS Kanto.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Sorry for triple posting, but even if these hacks don't get much attention, I'm still going to post about what I've modified so far :P. If it isn't obvious, my main priority at the moment is the FireRed hack, since it's the hack that needs the most editing. Anyways, here are new maps that I've completed:
Cerulean City
Lavender Town
Vermilion City (revised)
Route 3 (revised)
Route 4
Route 5
Route 6
Route 9
Route 10

Yes, all of western Kanto and most of northern Kanto is complete. Also I've made these changes in-game:
*The Day-Care center on Route 5 can now hold 2 Pokemon, and you can breed there
*The Day-Care center on Four Island has been removed due to the new addition to Route 5
*The music that plays when you reach the S. S. Anne has been changed to the music that plays in the Slateport Museum in R/S/E. I changed it because the R/S/E version is much better, and it's in the same key as the Vermilion City music. I actually had to hex-edit the track information when I was importing because FR/LG uses different instruments than R/S/E.
*The Sevii Islands will not use the new Kanto trees, they will look exactly the same as they did in FR/LG to differentiate it from Kanto. Though I'm considering adding snow to Four Island because it might look cool...

Planned changes:
*As I mentioned above, adding a winter theme to Four Island
*The ability to re-battle Gym Leaders. I'll convert the lone house on Seven Island into a place where you could rebattle Gym Leaders with stronger teams. Giovanni will not be able to be re-battled on Seven Island for obvious reasons.
*A second rival. This will be equal to the role of Dawn/Lucas in D/P/Pt. This "new" rival isn't really new, because if you choose the male player, the second rival will be the female player and vice versa. He/She will take the last starter Pokemon (for instance, if you chose Charmander, than your rival will choose Squirtle, and your second rival will choose Bulbasaur). Don't worry, there's PLENTY of un-used Trainer Data that I could fill up for this.
*I might add a few trainers here and there just for the heck of it

Last edited:

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
Years
Well, this looks interesting =) I look forward to seeing the progress on these hacks. Two questions though:

-Are any aspects of the plots going to be changed or improved on?

-What role will the Second Rival play? Will they be like Dawn/Lucas from D/P/Pt? Or, will they play a bigger role?

Years
Ah... I really like this idea. I know this is pointless to say, but it'd be cool if it actually followed the Manga (PokeSpecial, coz it's brilliant). But I get what you're actually doing, and that's cool too.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Well, this looks interesting =) I look forward to seeing the progress on these hacks. Two questions though:

-Are any aspects of the plots going to be changed or improved on?

-What role will the Second Rival play? Will they be like Dawn/Lucas from D/P/Pt? Or, will they play a bigger role?
1. The plot will remain the same, though I will be making a few dialogue changes to make more sense. Besides, I'm going to have to do it anyway, since Rocket Admins Athena and Apollo are in this game, and they can't have the same stupid dialogue as the grunts otherwise they'd sound stupid! And Giovanni has to acknowledge the fact that he actually has Admins. Also I might make your rival sound less of a jerk...

2. They will play a slightly bigger role. You get to battle him/her a few times, and he/she will be able to be re-battled on Seven Island due to Giovanni's absence. Like your rival, your second rival will have a team that changes depending on his/her starter. I'm planning on making the player battle him/her first at Cerulean Cape, having Pokemon at Lv17-21. Next would be as soon as you enter Celadon City, having Pokemon at Lv27-32. The next battle would be at the Cinnabar Mansion, having Pokemon at Lv43-48. The final battle would be at Seven Island, replacing Giovanni because the plot makes him un-able to appear.
Ah... I really like this idea. I know this is pointless to say, but it'd be cool if it actually followed the Manga (PokeSpecial, coz it's brilliant). But I get what you're actually doing, and that's cool too.
I don't really know the story of the PokeSpecial Manga...but I'll say this:
There will only be 3 main characters (the FR/LG boy, the FR/LG girl, and the FR/LG rival). Team Rocket will have absolutely nothing to do with the legendaries.

Also here's a change that I might make that not everybody would be happy with: replace the majority of the Johto Pokemon in the Sevii Islands with Hoenn Pokemon. Why might I do this? Because since Gen IV takes place 3 years after Gen III, I think it would be logical to make Johto Pokemon seem "new" in the Gen IV games. If they're shoved into FR/LG, then they will be kinda boring in HG/SS... but don't worry, if I decide to do that, I'll keep a few Johto Pokemon that are necessary, such as Houndoom and Tyranitar (Houndoom is needed because it joins Apollo's team when you face him on Five Island, and Tyranitar is needed because your rival gains one when you face the Elite Four a second time). Alternatively I might just add Hoenn Pokemon alongside Johto Pokemon in the Sevii Islands (I've already updated all the trainers in the entire game, and the Sevii Trainers so far use a mix of Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn Pokemon).

By the way, has anyone tried the hacks yet? I would like to know how well the new level curve works out in FireRed, and I would also like to know if the Gym Leaders new teams are too hard/easy, and if the Team Rocket admins are too hard/easy.

Years
I don't really know the story of the PokeSpecial Manga...but I'll say this:
There will only be 3 main characters (the FR/LG boy, the FR/LG girl, and the FR/LG rival). Team Rocket will have absolutely nothing to do with the legendaries.

Lol, I don't know too much either, but what I do know seems good, anyways.
I haven't gotten to play them yet, no- but it's 5 to 2 in the morning now, and I'm not even on my computer (mobile internet ftw). I'll try them tomorrow, I promise :D.
And by having both the FrLg Protagonists along with the Rival, that is actually a bit like the manga, by coincidence. But anyways...
Great idea. Love the new maps, of everything. Hoenn is looking quite smexy, btw.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Guess what: UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

I've finally posted the Emerald hack. It's about 87% complete, you can play through the entire game, but I haven't updated any of the trainer teams except for Aqua Admins Shelly & Matt, Aqua Leader Archie, Magma Admin Tabitha, and Magma Leader Maxie, and I'm not fully done with them either. You can play through the entire Hoenn region in it's new volcanic glory! Here's a small preview of what you can expect to see: http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/6262/route101.png

Also this small FireRed update has more Kanto maps finished, and the first 3 Sevii Islands corrected. Also the music in the S.S. Anne has been replaced with the music that plays in the Slateport Museum in the Hoenn games, because it's a much better arrangement of the song. Took me about 3 hours to hex edit the tracks correctly...

Last edited:

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 10, 2022
I asked Christos for permission before bumping this thread.

I recently had to switch to a different computer due to computer issues. Well I backed up most of my hacks/roms on the other computer. Guess what I found? The original ips files from this thread.

So, with permission, I'm reposting the ips files. I don't think many will care, but they're here now. You're welcome.

Attachments

• FR Edit.ips
    178.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Crystal Hack.ips
    6.9 KB · Views: 7
  • EmeraldEdit.ips
    29.6 KB · Views: 11
Back