• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What ruins Pokemon games for you?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
The slow paced battles and all those slow texts, I guess I've been playing too much on emulators where I can hit spacebar all the time to speed things up.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
The slow paced battles and all those slow texts, I guess I've been playing too much on emulators where I can hit spacebar all the time to speed things up.
You can increase text speed or take out battle animations via Options portion is that is really an issue for you.

I don't really have much but my main one as of late as others mentioned is the WPA and now I have to use my 3DS otherwise I cannot trade at all which I can't trade with my 4th Gen games.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 18, 2012
I guess the only thing that irritates me is the same structure in every game. 8 gyms, Elite 4, some evil group that uses Pokemon instead of guns, the fact that a child can take down these teams, and a rival who somehow is always a step ahead of you.

I do like how the story around the copy and paste theme is different in each game. I wish that the gym badges weren't the main focus of the game though.

93Aiwass

Getting Back into Pokemon
Years
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

I don't like the same-ol-same-ol storyline that Pokemon epitomizes now. I wish they would work on a new storyline... and perhaps work with the anime script writers to figure out locations and side events that you can do. One of the things that made Neverwinter Nights for me was the side adventures, such as helping to cure the kids that became ware-wolves and helping to heal the Uthgard tribe that was infected with the Wailing Death by the Lord's Alliance troops.

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2013
I've been a fan ever since it aired in the U.S but i do get tired of the same olde storyline basically like many other fans do (that doesn't stop me from liking pokemon) And i never liked the idea of pointless pokemon and just consistently adding more and more new pokemon, Don't get me wrong i love to see the pokedex grow but just some pokemon are so pointless and have terrible designs. That about sums it up.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
One of the thing that bothers me is when you come to really split paths. I'm someone who likes to battle every last trainer and talk to every last person/collect everything, so it can be irritating when I have to run through an area 10+ times just to make sure I've checked everything, which is odd because I like the more expansive areas.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Nothing in particular really ruins the games for me, but as a whole the fans who are blinded by nostalgia and the fans who enjoy making and sharing vulgar pictures tend to ruin my overall experience.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
-critical hits

-double team/minimize

-ai gets to hit hypnosis/supersonic almost 100% of the time while mine rarely hits

-"insert pokemon here" is still confused!
It hurts itse-
AHHHH, throw nds out of window

that is all.

Chamongys

Pokemon Fiend !
Years
Trading takes FOREVER ! Repetitive game play gets annoying too. At least you have a GOAL in every Pokemon game. TO BE A MASTER !

drpoplove

Super Saiyan and Stuff
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2012
The one thing I hate the most is that you are constantly going back to the Pokemon Centre. You'll get into a forest or something with a lot of trainers and tall grass, and every couple of battles you gotta go back (unless you are already high level). And of course, the same structure from game to game is predictable.

Back