• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi everyone! :D

xVaporeon

used bubblebeam!
Years
  • Age 26
  • UK
  • Seen Dec 25, 2022
I'm Lauren and I'm from the UK.

I've been into Pokemon since I was around 3-4 years old when my dad introduced me to it.
I have to admit, I'm a bigger fan of the older games (from Pokemon Red, Green and Blue up to Pokemon Emerald), but I still love the newer generations.
I LOVE water-type Pokemon, and Vaporeon is my favourite ^_^

I also love the old anime, and I still cry like a baby whenever I watch the first Pokemon movie.
<3

- EDIT -

Thankyou for such a warm welcome, it's such a nice community here :)

Last edited:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Welcome to PC Lauren! Wow! I can't believe you got into pokemon at this age. I was 8 when i played my first pokemon game who was Leaf Green. I like the 3rd gen a lot too, it was my favourite.
Vaporeon is a great pokemon as well as the other eeveelutions like Jolteon, Flareon, etc... My favourite type is Fire and i LOVE Charizard.
Anyway, have fun and don't hesitate to VM/PM me!

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
WOO MORE FOR TEAM GB !

Greetings xVaporeon and welcome to the community !
Speaking of the old games, I may start playing them through again, just for the LOLs starting with Pokemon Blue or Yellow !
I can't cry about the first Pokemon movie anymore, but when I remember seeing it as a child..I cried T_T

What starters did you pick in the old games (if you can remember) ?
I mainly chose the fire starters and some of the water ones (MUDKIP !)

In Pearl, I nicknamed my Vaporeon "Showers" after the Japanese translation. One of my best tanks with hidden power electric or grass !
Enjoy your stay !

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
Welcome to PC! I hope you enjoy your time here :D

I was 4 too when I played Pokemon Blue for the first time! It was a friend of mine who introduced me to it, though. Playing Pokemon at that age was crazy. I remember that I only cared about my Venusaur and I didn't stop until it grew to level 100. And I was the happiest child in the world when I caught Mewtwo lol. They were good times.

Anyway, I hope to see you around and if you ever want to chat, feel free to drop a VM or PM.

xVaporeon

used bubblebeam!
Years
  • Age 26
  • UK
  • Seen Dec 25, 2022
What starters did you pick in the old games (if you can remember) ?
I mainly chose the fire starters and some of the water ones (MUDKIP !)

In Pearl, I nicknamed my Vaporeon "Showers" after the Japanese translation. One of my best tanks with hidden power electric or grass !

I can't remember exactly, but it used to be fire, and yes, that's my second favourite type haha
I usually picked fire or water. I think I picked the grass-types a couple of times, but they didn't really do it for me :p

I have to admit, though, the first ever time I played Emerald, I picked Treeco and he was the first starter I completed the game with c:

And aw that's such a good idea, thanks for the nice welcome!

Years
Hi Lauren, and welcome to our community.

I have to say, I love how cute the Eeveelutions are, and Vaporeon is one of my favorites as I love most Water-type Pokemon. I love how beautiful its tail is, cos it reminds me of mermaids. You've been playing since a very young age, I got into Pokemon around 7 but didn't play the games until I was 11. My faves are Black/White and Black 2/White 2, such great games. Are you also looking forward to the upcoming Pokemon X & Y games? The full 3D effects, and the super-cute starters! (I love Froakie the best lol, but doesn't beat the cuteness of Oshawott from the last generation).

You might be interested in the various Pokemon gaming topics lurking around, there's at least one section for each game so definitely post in them if you can. Everyone here is friendly, both staff and members alike. You'll have a nice time here as long as you follow the rules.

Feel free to VM me if you need anything, and have fun here.

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 23
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Hello xVaporeon! So Vaporeon is your favorite? We have an Eevee and Eeveelution club in the Pokemon Clubs section, you might be interested. For now, welcome to PokeCommunity!

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Hi Lauren, and Welcome to PC!
I never met someone who started playing Pokemon at that young of age before. As for me, i have started around when i was 5 or 6. I do have to say that Vaporeon is one of my favorite Eeveelutions AND water types. If i use any of the eeveelutions, my vaporeon is my number 2 (Umbreon is #1 for me). But anyway, I'm sure you'll find many forums that you will be interested in. I also hope that i get to see you around the forums a bit.

If you need anything, you can contact me anytime.
-Joey (p.s. i always wanted to go to the UK)

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
Hi, Lauren!

You're from the UK! What a great country! We can relate when it comes to have started playing Pokémon. I also started at a very young age and have kept at it ever since. The older games are definitely the best, but I also do enjoy the newer versions as well. It's not the same, though. xD

I also love water Pokémon! As you can tell from my username, my favorite Pokémon is Gyarados! I have the entire Pokémon anime series on DVD, and coincidentally, I'm actually rewatching the entire series now! The first Pokémon movie was so sad.. :( I watched it the other day and it brought back so many memories. It's definitely one of those movies that would make you cry, like you said.

Hope you stick around!

Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2013
I'm Lauren and I'm from the UK.

I've been into Pokemon since I was around 3-4 years old when my dad introduced me to it.
I have to admit, I'm a bigger fan of the older games (from Pokemon Red, Green and Blue up to Pokemon Emerald), but I still love the newer generations.
I LOVE water-type Pokemon, and Vaporeon is my favourite ^_^

I also love the old anime, and I still cry like a baby whenever I watch the first Pokemon movie.
<3

- EDIT -

Thankyou for such a warm welcome, it's such a nice community here :)
I'm new too, and I'm doing a Monotype challege on firered. (Water only) You might wanna check it out. >.<
Been playing since the original red, and blue!

xVaporeon

used bubblebeam!
Years
  • Age 26
  • UK
  • Seen Dec 25, 2022
I have the entire Pokémon anime series on DVD, and coincidentally, I'm actually rewatching the entire series now!

Wow, that's so cool, I am actually too haha! I still cry everytime at Bye Bye Butterfree :'(

Thankyou for the warm welcome!

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
That episode makes me sad.. Same with the episode where Ash leaves his Charizard at Charzific Valley.

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Hi Lauren! Its good to have you here. Vaporeon is my all time favourite Eevee evolution. :D Its such an awesome pokemon. Like in the anime (I think it was the eevee bros episode) when it swam in the water it became invisible! :D (i think thats what happened) :D Anyhow a pleasure to have you here. :)

Years
Heya Lauren and a big welcome to PC! =D Great to meet you!

Did someone say water types? Maybe the water-type fanclub is what you've been looking for, then! Most of our awesome water type fans are members there and it's a really great club (as are all the others there). Don't think I'm a member yet, but now is probably a good time to change that. I mean, I love water types too, and they're pretty high up there on my list, right next to grass, electric, and ghost. <3; And Vaporeon is pretty much the jack of all water types so it's awesome that you like it, because it's super adorable! I always use one in FR/LG, so much that I've stopped choosing Squirtle as my starter since Vaporeon usually fills that role. Sorry Squirtle, as much as I love you, there are just other water types that are more useful... ):

The old anime is awesome too though, I agree. It's pretty nostalgic and that might be a big reason as to why I like it, but the old series really was great and super funny. Maybe stopping by Pokemon Anime would be worthwhile as well; I'm sure you'll find plenty of other early seasons fans there. I'm also sure there'll be lots of other sections that catch your eye outside the sections I mentioned - it's all up to you, so get exploring!

So yeah, have a wonderful time and see you around! :D

xVaporeon

used bubblebeam!
Years
  • Age 26
  • UK
  • Seen Dec 25, 2022
Heya Lauren and a big welcome to PC! =D Great to meet you!

Did someone say water types? Maybe the water-type fanclub is what you've been looking for, then! Most of our awesome water type fans are members there and it's a really great club (as are all the others there). Don't think I'm a member yet, but now is probably a good time to change that. I mean, I love water types too, and they're pretty high up there on my list, right next to grass, electric, and ghost. <3; And Vaporeon is pretty much the jack of all water types so it's awesome that you like it, because it's super adorable! I always use one in FR/LG, so much that I've stopped choosing Squirtle as my starter since Vaporeon usually fills that role. Sorry Squirtle, as much as I love you, there are just other water types that are more useful... ):

The old anime is awesome too though, I agree. It's pretty nostalgic and that might be a big reason as to why I like it, but the old series really was great and super funny. Maybe stopping by Pokemon Anime would be worthwhile as well; I'm sure you'll find plenty of other early seasons fans there. I'm also sure there'll be lots of other sections that catch your eye outside the sections I mentioned - it's all up to you, so get exploring!

So yeah, have a wonderful time and see you around! :D

Sorry for a late reply, but thankyou very much! And yeah I agree on the old serious nostalgia stuff. Thanks for the fan club help and the anime help! See you around! c: <3

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
Years
Welcome to PokéCommunity! Enjoy your stay, have fun, and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Back